JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
MaymeRachael (Offline)
War Sucks, Let's Party!

Send a message via Yahoo to MaymeRachael
12-27-2007, 02:13 AM

The definition of a sport is a activity that involves both a winner and a loser, a score, and is not for recreation(meaning not for fun)...

Muffin Club Founder & President l Miyavi Stalking Society l Jello Club
Matoi from Phantasmagoria l Sharing Satoshi from Girugamesh w/Miyavifan
MEMBER OF THE FINAL FANTASY CLAN CODENAME:AERIS
(#32 (permalink))
Old
budnoob (Offline)
New to JF

01-05-2008, 12:42 PM

I think Beyblade isn't a "real" Sport , because "beyblading" existed before the anime too , but it also was a toy back then. "Beyblades" were made of wood earlier and children played with it.

But it sure has the potential to be a Sport..
So.. if you think beyblading is a sport , then it is a sport to you , if you think its a toy , then it is a toy for you. You can see it as you want, its fun and entertaining in every way.

budnoob

"if you dont feel the music, drop your guitar.. and try to play without it." - budnoob
(#33 (permalink))
Old
JRockaddict (Offline)
aishiteru bis

Send a message via AIM to JRockaddict Send a message via Yahoo to JRockaddict
01-05-2008, 04:48 PM

no.
it's too easy to be a sport....

i always cry out with the music filled with memories of the four seasons....
we shared....
Shunsuke, forever in my heart <3

i own Seika, Tsukasa, Hiroki, Kenzo, Tooru, Ruka, Mofto, Ediee, Ryuto, Sou, Enik, Hiko, Death-O, Nii, Ryohei, Keita, Ryuichi half of Teruki and half of Kei
bloggymyspacegaiayoutubedeviantart
(#34 (permalink))
Old
orewasenshi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to orewasenshi Send a message via MSN to orewasenshi
01-05-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRockaddict View Post
no.

I agree since all you do is use the little pully thingy to release the stupid thing.

Then you just watch them hit and spin at each other and see which one breaks first.

It's utterly pointless.
(#35 (permalink))
Old
HIalchemist (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-05-2008, 07:27 PM

its more like an "underground" sport so to speak. And i used to beyblade all the time in Okinawa but then it went out of style in the US when i moved. so i stoped.

(#36 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
02-28-2008, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRockaddict View Post
no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orewasenshi View Post

I agree since all you do is use the little pully thingy to release the stupid thing.

Then you just watch them hit and spin at each other and see which one breaks first.

It's utterly pointless.
Easy? Stupid? Pointless? A little too superficial, aren't you guys?

If you think its really so easy, go buy one, and then challenge a customized beyblade. I guarantee, unless some freak of nature accident happens or someone goes 'wild ape' on the arena, you will never win, no matter how many times you attempt.

Beyblading promotes
1) strategic thinking. Customizing isn't about compiling or collating an assortment of materials. It's about achieving a closest to perfect balance in your blade, complemented by fully maximizing this balance to your favour. Assuming that is impossible, that fact alone encourages
2) creativity. Unrestricted, outta the box customizing, because by any means, the one thing in your mind is to make the impossible possible. So what if the parts don't fit? Drill a hole, solder the the iron, cramp your teeth on it 'till it's lodged in. Once you're done, it would be stupid not to test its strength against others like you. And when you launch it into the beybattle, there's the sense of pride, glory and satisfaction as you watch your own creation in action, anticipating and hoping at the same time. Whether you stand triumphant or not, the
3) value of every effort still holds true. You begin to appreciate your own abilities, you start to feel an urge to pit them against others. And the fun is, they're not AI, no, they are just as organically intellectual as you are. That's where you see where you ultimately rank as a person. This brings in the point of
4) spirit of competition. It is by our nature that we are a competitive species, pertaining to our interests. It's how the world progresses, from the best, to an even greater best. What we develop from young makes for a great foundation as we mature.

After what I've said, one'd think it being educational is an understatement. I'd like to see someone posting a *substantial* and *credible* reference precisely implying beyblading isn't a sport. As far as I can see, the definition of games isn't limited to unbloody, angelic, frolicking events having zero level of violence. And still, you wouldn't catch many people dead accepting that classification. Same principle applies with sports. It may be deniable, beyblading may not be a sport, but that fact remains unproven. It would therefore be wrong to proclaim beyblading as an activity, which is/isn't sporting, without a justifiable basis.

Credits
to Ivion - for reminding me of this thread
to MaymeRachael - for speaking words of wisdom on your last post, so I hope this clears things up.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 02-28-2008 at 12:05 PM.
(#37 (permalink))
Old
samauf (Offline)
JF Regular

Wink Hii ^^ - 04-14-2008, 09:28 AM

Konichiwa,
i think so im not sure!
i was playing beyblade with my friends at school, its fun!
But know i stopped playng it and that was long time!
(#38 (permalink))
Old
Tsuruneru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Tsuruneru Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuruneru Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuruneru
06-18-2009, 09:21 PM

Oh they should make it a sport its so awesome

I don't care what people say anymore. Your opinions no longer matter to me. No matter what i say no one cares they just keep going.
I have no enemies my opponent is my teacher.
(けとだ!) (こい) (とどめだ!) I Am Shadow The Hedgehog
(#39 (permalink))
Old
Flazky (Offline)
New to JF

11-13-2009, 07:14 AM

lol are you serious? beyblading? haha this hasta be one of the funniest things ive read. Everything you do that involves some sort of "competition" could be a sport. Thumb wrestling, rock paper scissor, hell even "whoever can spit the farthest" can be a sport. If you want to put it in a way where is it a "REAL" recognized sport, of course not. If you are trying to compare it to Basketball or Baseball, people will just laugh at you. Im not saying that beyblading is easy when you put in the mechanics and strategies used for it, but the same could be said about whoever can spit the farthest.

As far as I can see, beyblading is a "sport" but if you want to call it a "real sport", then I think you need to try a "real sport" SERIOUSLY (keyword) before calling beyblade a "real sport"

oh and if you REALLY want to come down to the mechanics of it. although I didnt research up on the rule or anything but if I remember watching the show, people used um..."guns" to shoot their beyblades out? LOL im pretty sure there are ways to make your beyblade launcher or whatever REALLY overpowered where it wont even matter how much work you put into "launching" the beyblade by means of running, jumping or whatever.

Last edited by Flazky : 11-13-2009 at 07:17 AM.
(#40 (permalink))
Old
sam87 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via ICQ to sam87 Send a message via MSN to sam87 Send a message via Skype™ to sam87
06-02-2010, 11:06 AM

For real ? ^^ Beyblade as a sport hmmm i don't think so it's missing the control of the battle. As long as there is no beast that comes out of
that piece of plastic and moves it or you control it with a joystick I
wouldn't count it a sport. Otherwise would be flipping a coin with
your thumb sport.