(#1 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
BEYBLADING!!! Is it a sport??!!! - 02-16-2007, 04:29 AM

Beyblading!!! Is it a sport??!!!
Hola, peepz!
fuu's post in the 'character name' thread reminded me of these awesome little vicious spinning tops ^_^

Having its origins in ancient Japanese spinning top Bei Goma, the Beyblade is a cutting edge sports entertainment brand targeted at young boys. Beyblading combines a heady mix of adrenaline and strategy, to give the player an exciting, fun-filled experience coupled with an element of learning.

I used to be paranoid over buying all the best equipments and parts, lol..! XD
I even classified my own Beyblades by how powerful their spins and how fast they can go on the arena :P I remember one I had.. lol, it was literally armored O_O from the attack ring to the bottom bit(cant rmb what it was called) of the Beyblade all metal lol! It was extremely well-balanced with a high velocity spin and formidable strength(i had little blunt,thick spikes coming out from the edges of the atack ring )that was enough to crack a sparkdisk(modified weight disk. It's bigger and more durable than the original. The friction it creates is ample to cause sparks, hence the name).
On top of that, the anime was so exciting i had goosebumps.. dang those cliffhangers..! XD If I recall correctly, Beyblade video games were made too, I played it virtually on my ps1 once

Here're some details of the anime: The story of Beyblade is the story of the aggressive Tyson, the quick-thinking Max, balanced Ray, and experienced Kai. Four boys whose paths came together and eventually saw them form a team called the Bladebreakers.

Do you know: That there are real life Beyblade teams in the world today? Yes, to those of you who view this activity as childish, it's actually considered a sport in some parts of the world. People should learn to accept Beyblading as an entertainment that everyone can enjoy.

My bad, i couldn't find a real life vid of beyblading :P maybe someone else can? O_O

(alittle exaggerated for reality but it's cool )

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 02-16-2007 at 04:49 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
02-19-2007, 11:15 PM

CoolNard, as far as I know, beyblading is not and newer was a sport (and most probably will never be) along with tazos and similar games, as beyblades are concidered to be merely toys...

(#3 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

02-20-2007, 05:14 AM

It seems ur knowledge on beyblading doesn't extent to facts. It is actually considered a sport in certain areas of some countries(didnt u read my post before responding to it?)

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
fuu (Offline)
blargh whatever

02-20-2007, 05:01 PM

My oldest son has competed in tournaments. We have like twenty five beyblades around the house. Sure it's a sport. You can work up quiet a sweat playing for any length of time. We don't play as often anymore because the kids have started building Gundam models but every once in a while I'll pull out my Dranzer and let er rip with the kids.

FEAR ME!!!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

02-20-2007, 05:05 PM

Wow, there are 'fake' beyblade tournaments as well as 'original' ones. Which one did ur son participate in? Did he win? Which model did he use? LOL, yeah, its good for exercising too, moderately :P thx for the reminder, fuu! ^_^

(#6 (permalink))
Old
fuu (Offline)
blargh whatever

02-20-2007, 05:20 PM

No he didn't win. He won his first two matches but was elliminated after that. Yeah YTV it's a Canadian tv station held country wide tournaments when beyblade was real hot. I think he used a Dragoon. The metal ones with more of a defencive ring on it. It was pretty sturdy but the defence ring made it a little to slow.

FEAR ME!!!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

02-20-2007, 05:38 PM

I've experimented with beyblading alittle and i've discoverd that if u set the weightdisk upside down, the spinning of the beyblade tends to be mor firm and balanced. Well, at least he didnt lost the 1st match :P
owellz, if anyone needs advice or tips on the sport, i'll be happy to share my experiences ^_^

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

02-20-2007, 07:01 PM

ok... CoolNard, are cockroach races or boot throwing a sport? These activities are very popular in some parts of the world, but are they considered a sport? The same problem is with Computer games, there are a lot of professional players, international tournaments and even WCG, for Devil's sake, but even they are not fully recognized as a sport, more as an entertainment.

Last edited by Excessum : 02-21-2007 at 01:19 AM.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

02-21-2007, 02:47 AM

"Not fully recognized as a sport", thats the keyphrase here. It shows people are still contemplating whether to or not. And yes, they should be considered as a sport. Thinking them as entertainment just doesn't do them justice. Besides, comparing cockroach racing and boot throwing to beyblading? The ratio of popularity of beyblading to them is like, 10:1 -.-" For Heaven's sake, just because society dun recognize them as a sport doesn't mean they should impose the same mindsets on us.

P.S. to prvent excessive derailing and defaming, please pm me if you still wish to argue against my points.

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

02-22-2007, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
"Not fully recognized as a sport", thats the keyphrase here. It shows people are still contemplating whether to or not. And yes, they should be considered as a sport. Thinking them as entertainment just doesn't do them justice. Besides, comparing cockroach racing and boot throwing to beyblading? The ratio of popularity of beyblading to them is like, 10:1 -.-" For Heaven's sake, just because society dun recognize them as a sport doesn't mean they should impose the same mindsets on us.

P.S. to prvent excessive derailing and defaming, please pm me if you still wish to argue against my points.
Ha, you just don't want your defeat to be public one, now do you?

Last edited by Excessum : 02-22-2007 at 10:53 PM.