JapanForum.com  


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
(#121 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 189
Join Date: Aug 2009
08-28-2009, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Here:

You seem to be implying that you'd place more money on a thug who gets himself in a lot of poor situations than you'd on a trained professional.



You need to read that whole bit you quoted again.
Reply With Quote
(#122 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi's Avatar
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?
 
Posts: 589
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: My own Private Island ^^.
08-28-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
It's become apparent you know nothing about martial arts.

There are no "rules" in Muay Thai outside the ring; you can do what you want.

There would probably be more moves in Muay Thai than Karate, given the stacks of clinching if you want to go there.

Regardless, it isn't about how many techniques you know, or even what techniques you know. It's about strength, speed, power, reflexes, timing, strategy and attitude.

Thinking the way you do, it's clearly blaming the tools when you should be blaming the craftsman.

What are the four basic movment you're talking about? That doesn't ring any bells whatsoever...
I know this is going to spark a Flame war but its something that needs to be said, sorry Mods. We just can’t stand this anymore. Senortiy over education. Personal life should always be sperated from your opinion because your opinion becaomes bias. Is JF really so low that you must keep these people who start flame wars every second they log on?. What is going on?.

How can you really say that? Just because your bias about what you believe in?.
Honestly your shit Tenchu, you say this and that, you say “I believe this because someone told me it. Because my MASTER said it was true”. Boxing and Muay Thai are tool sports mad4e for a ring because they expect the other person not to hit them below the belt. In the past you even said that you believed in “rules”, no hitting below the belt, no groin shots, no guns, etc. You’re such a tool.
Arguing about what you believe to a total stranger.
You say you went through sooooo much during training yet you have time to corrupt your training with jealousy and hate. I know personally that you are shit, the way you fight. You are weak. If you weren’t then you wouldn’t be on here talking/logging on everyday saying “I lost because . . .”. Excuses Excuses. Tenchu it’s amazing that you and Ronin made it so far but then again on the computer you don’t really need to make your point clear. You and Ronin are tools for society, saying you’re different yet you do the same thing as teenagers and each other.
It’s pathetic.
You are not a fighter.
You’re just another crazy asshole white person raising hell because you are proven wrong, making up excuses. There are no other moves in Muay Thai other than the 1234 conditioning moves (Proven in your own video post).
You always say “They let you win because you are a foreigner”, yet some how you forget the color of your own skin.
Maybe just maybe they know you’re just another know it all white guy who traveled to Thai land wanting to learn a martial art just like those people who try getting a tattoo in another language. They want to have “Honor” tattooed into their arm yet the people they ask steer them another way just like cattle (just like you in this case).
I and others on here are tired of you and Ronins “high and mighty” attitudes when really you’re nothing to this world. If you died no one would give a shit. It would just be “What happened to that guy who liked little girls?”. I’ve watched and read every one of your posts and they are pathetic. Saying you have Morality, Honor, Respect, yet you do not display any of those characteristics on the computer. “Saying” is different from “Actions”.


I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
Reply With Quote
(#123 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost's Avatar
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer
 
Posts: 220
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
08-28-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksensei View Post
When did I say training doesn't mean anything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tksensei View Post
Training in and of itself is NOT experience.
well, isn't fighting in itself training? or do we naturally kick ass? everyone has to start somewhere, be it bullying or learning from a master.
you are stating someone with experience in the street will fight better than someone taught, i am saying even that street "fighter" had to learn somewhere. even if he learned from real fights that's still "training" in some sense.

UFC/MMA do you think that they train? i believe so


うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun
Reply With Quote
(#124 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 189
Join Date: Aug 2009
08-28-2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
well, isn't fighting in itself training? or do we naturally kick ass? everyone has to start somewhere, be it bullying or learning from a master.
you are stating someone with experience in the street will fight better than someone taught, i am saying even that street "fighter" had to learn somewhere. even if he learned from real fights that's still "training" in some sense.

UFC/MMA do you think that they train? i believe so


This is predictably sinking into semantics, but the point is that you train to fight/compete. Training just to train is proof of nothing in and of itself.
Reply With Quote
(#125 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost's Avatar
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer
 
Posts: 220
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
08-28-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksensei View Post
This is predictably sinking into semantics, but the point is that you train to fight/compete. Training just to train is proof of nothing in and of itself.
i'm gonna use an example, don't dwell on it too much... training to get out of an arm bar, you learn how people put you in it, you learn how to get out of it. can't you apply that in a real fight if the opponent tries to use that technique on you?


うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun
Reply With Quote
(#126 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer
 
Posts: 189
Join Date: Aug 2009
08-28-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
i'm gonna use an example, don't dwell on it too much... training to get out of an arm bar, you learn how people put you in it, you learn how to get out of it. can't you apply that in a real fight if the opponent tries to use that technique on you?

You'll never know until you're in a real fight. That's the point.
Reply With Quote
(#127 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou's Avatar
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station
 
Posts: 1,648
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
08-28-2009, 08:03 AM

uwaaa.. only read a couple posts and got barely the gist of what you guys are blabbing about... but here's my input anyway! =DD

Training is just to improve yourself >.>
How you train affets how well you improve >.>
Everyone has different capacities and situations....
Not everyone is equal...
What takes one person 7 years to achieve...
might take another only 3 years >.>

Fights are situational, they're always different
Prior training does not guarantee a win, only improves your chances
Experience is gained through both training and fighting
Each offers different kinds of experience....
Training improves and increases muscle memory, reflex str, spd, application, etc.
Fighting improves application, reflex, and creates a familiarity w/ your own body >.>"''

it's realy pointless to argue such things... =.=



In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
Reply With Quote
(#128 (permalink))
Old
yuujirou's Avatar
yuujirou (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station
 
Posts: 1,648
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Send a message via AIM to yuujirou
08-28-2009, 08:04 AM

and geez.. the title of this thread is really.... irksome...
there's no "BEST" martial art x.x'''
everything's situational and depends on the individual! >.<"""



In the shadows beneath the trees he waits.
In the darkness under the moon he plots
In the silence of the night he kills.
Reply With Quote
(#129 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost's Avatar
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer
 
Posts: 220
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Garden Grove, CA
Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
08-28-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksensei View Post
You'll never know until you're in a real fight. That's the point.
having the knowledge and going over drills (training, basically) to conquer someones technique is a good tool in your arsenal.
would you agree that learning how to get out of an arm breaking move can prove effective in a real fight when someone is trying to indeed break your arm?
i can agree that real time experience can benefit an individual in fighting, but i'm just trying to see if you would agree that training for fighting does in fact benefit you in a fight.


うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun
Reply With Quote
(#130 (permalink))
Old
kingAndres's Avatar
kingAndres (Offline)
is in Spain....
 
Posts: 30
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in your toilet...NO!!!DONT FLUSH IT!!!!!
Send a message via MSN to kingAndres Send a message via Yahoo to kingAndres
08-28-2009, 08:14 AM

I think training MA is experience, but some people don't know what to do when they get in a real fight some just freeze and don't do anything and someone who has experience street fighting or getting into real fights will now what to do in most cases and not end up freezing...


Try to learn a new thing everyday to help you grow.


Family
kurtfu22= Sister
MonsterMonster= B sis
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright 2003-2006 Virtual Japan.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC6