LinkBack Thread Tools
(#241 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

11-04-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksensei View Post
Um, so then when "single style MArtists" go into a context encompasing more than their single style...?
They can do whatever they like.

I'm pointing out, where's the evidence they need to do more?

Besides, you're acting as though MMA isn't a single style when it is. MMA gyms nowadays teach the methods of MMA as a single style full with rules and style.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#242 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

11-04-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
You do a fine job working yourself up, champ.
Ha! Are you fucking serious?

You're trying to troll me. Even as you come back from me saying you are you're trying to make fun of me.

You're an insecure dick sucker.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#243 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-04-2009, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Ha! Are you fucking serious?

You're trying to troll me. Even as you come back from me saying you are you're trying to make fun of me.

I'm not trying to make fun of you, I am making fun of you, you POS.
(#244 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

11-04-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I'm not trying to make fun of you, I am making fun of you, you POS.
So you are just a know nothing troll...

I'll play along.

So what's the best things you can mock me about? Do your worst.

(#245 (permalink))
Old
mohare (Offline)
New to JF

11-12-2009, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosubakke View Post
Hey all of you..

I wondered about which matrial art you think is the best and why.

Myself i've trained the korean sport Teakwondo some years ago in the local club.

But i want to start training again and I don't know which matrial art to join this time ..

I'll see forward to your answers.
I suggest you train shorinjikempo, like i did at my country
(#246 (permalink))
Old
ishikawa (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-24-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLee View Post
There is no best martial art. There is a martial art which is better for you depending on the type of person you are (assuming that you actually stick with it).
I study Aikido. I find it better that karate, kung fu, etc because its a defensive art. Some people will automatically dismiss it though because it deosn't appeal to them.

If you want to study a martial art dont ask for people's biased opinions, go out to the local clubs in your area and either watch a session or ask if you can do a 'taster' session to get the feel of it and see if you like it or not.

Aikido is pretty interesting.

And is good (Though learning Karate and such along those lines would also help you more). However, though they are.. I guess Japanese, now that Okinawa has been taken over. Both Karate and Aikido originated from Okinawa.
(#247 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-24-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishikawa View Post
Both Karate and Aikido originated from Okinawa.
I wouldn't be so sure.

This is like saying Tae Kwon Do originated from Korea; it may have in essence, but not in form.

(#248 (permalink))
Old
KPawel (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to KPawel Send a message via Yahoo to KPawel
12-27-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
I wouldn't be so sure.

This is like saying Tae Kwon Do originated from Korea; it may have in essence, but not in form.
Well? From what I have heard of it's history and seen of it's dirreneces.. I would say that, "the LEAST", karate is the most non-Japanese of the matial arts of Japan.. when compared to arts such as Judo (Jiu-jitsu), which is Japanese.

And.. although Okinawa may now, politically, part of Japan.. it's history and culture was not, strictly, "Japanese"!

K.P.Graham
(#249 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

12-28-2009, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPawel View Post
Well? From what I have heard of it's history and seen of it's dirreneces.. I would say that, "the LEAST", karate is the most non-Japanese of the matial arts of Japan.. when compared to arts such as Judo (Jiu-jitsu), which is Japanese.
Yes. True.

All MA styles borrowed from other countries in their early stages, however. It's just the way it happened. I doubt there are any styles which are 100% created in a single country.

(#250 (permalink))
Old
WhoIsDaffy (Offline)
Banned

12-28-2009, 01:11 PM

the best martial art eh?

hmm lets wade into this one.

first up all of them are good. as they "should" all up your fitness and teach you in some way to "think" and fight at the same time.

however it should be noted that the "best" and by that i mean most deadly arts are shadowy and you will have a hard time finding someone to teach you
(i.e. southern-mantis or the Russian "System")
these martial arts do however contain several "death blows"

the isreali Krav-Maga is similar to "the system" however you will find it easier to find schools for it (I learnt a bit from a couple of SF comando's and must admit the "suicide-vest bomber take down" is the most effective ive ever seen,

however again worth understanding that if you learn any true "deep" style, the ultimate power of that style may well remain hidden to you.
(i've met a few people who did Krav-Maga but never learnt the take downs i did)

a good all rounder that is fairly accessible, again a "deep" style but very effective even if you never learn its true secrets (and you wont)
Sholain, just pop down to your local temple and get stuck in,
classes are en mass and taught largely in chinese.

but its up to you.
first you need to decide soft style or hard style
in terms of soft, i would recomend wing chun or mantis if you can get it.
hard style,
mui thai, kung fu (Monkey) kung fu (Tiger - what Karate is based on)

id personally skip,
tai kwon do - looks flash - is pants
Judo - doesnt look flash - is pants
aikedo - far too defensive - not enough "multi-strike combo" manouvers.
(you will never hear an aikedo guy say "one at a time or three at once, makes no odds to me you %$#$&'$,C'MON THEN!!)

there are a few other weak ones out there but those are the ones that spring to mind.

ninjitsu quite good, even though through its own code it is now almost entirely defunct.