(#61 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-25-2009, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
No. You're taking it in the wrong way.

It's as similar to dance as it is to car racing, kite flying, snorkling, sky diving, anything that defines a person.
Um... no.. komitsuki made the connection when it came to self-expression. Also dancers train to perfect bodily techniques... just like martial artists. Furthermore dancers also strain to condition their bodies.

Quote:
MA is still about fighting, of course. But if the reason you do it is for self defence, then you probably ought to just buy an effective weapon.

But dance, woah... that's just gay. Just because dance is based around self expression, it does not mean it's related to anything that you express yourself in.

You're just trying to twist my words now to piss me off... again. You never thought this before I mentioned it.
I'm not trying to piss you off Tenchu... I get it!

Dancers with guns own martial artists in a fight and express themselves better than martial artists.

So there you have it kids!
(#62 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-26-2009, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
You guys can argue all you want, but training and style will never beat a street kid who grew up fighting. He may have never taken a class, but learned from watching and getting his ass kicked.
No. If it's a fist fight, an untrained person doesn't stand a chance.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#63 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-26-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Um... no.. komitsuki made the connection when it came to self-expression. Also dancers train to perfect bodily techniques... just like martial artists. Furthermore dancers also strain to condition their bodies.
I get it. You're talking from experience. Your MA class must look something like this:

Pure, untainted self expression.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#64 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

08-26-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
I get it. You're talking from experience. Your MA class must look something like this:

Pure, untainted self expression.
neither relevant nor witty...

you suck Tenchu
(#65 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-26-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
neither relevant nor witty...

you suck Tenchu
De ja vu!

That's what I said about the dancing. They're both expressing the self. These are drag queen dancers, Ronin.

Do you see my point?

(#66 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

08-26-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
De ja vu!

That's what I said about the dancing. They're both expressing the self. These are drag queen dancers, Ronin.

Do you see my point?
You're an idiot...

I'm talking trained dancers...

ballet/contemporary/hip-hop/ballroom...
(#67 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-26-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
You're an idiot...

I'm talking trained dancers...

ballet/contemporary/hip-hop/ballroom...
But do you think drag queens never practice? Not to mention the time and effort they put into their costumes to help express how they are inside...

Doesn't it remind you of ametuer Boxing?

It doesn't remind me of that...

(#68 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

08-26-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
But do you think drag queens never practice? Not to mention the time and effort they put into their costumes to help express how they are inside...

Doesn't it remind you of ametuer Boxing?

It doesn't remind me of that...
First of all... "drag queen" is not a dance style...

Second of all... If I were going to give a martial arts equivalent of a drag queen..... I suppose it would be the same as me putting on a ninja turtle costume...

Third... you don't need to convince me that Martial arts and Dance are different... I mean that goes without saying. I don't know why you have a problem with me (actually it was komitsuki but I agree with him) making a connection between the two. I think it's because you're an idiot who thinks himself a modern day Spartan or Gladiator who is of the mindset that dancing is "gay". This is why any comparison with dance offends you because in your narrow mind, your masculinity is being challenged with that link (when in fact it's not).

Fourth... did I mention you're an idiot?

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 08-26-2009 at 10:58 AM.
(#69 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-26-2009, 11:02 AM

Uhhh... the Spartan approach. I was waiting for you to get to there... so original.

(#70 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

08-26-2009, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Uhhh... the Spartan approach. I was waiting for you to get to there... so original.
That's like the least relevant response to my post you could've made without sounding batsh*t insane.

Well done Tenchu... you usually just sound batsh*t insane.