TyreaL (Offline)
きぼう

Send a message via MSN to TyreaL
08-27-2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
No it isn't.
Sorry to interrupt Gentlemen ,

But I disagree with you Tenchu Isn't this a confliction in your point of view ..

I Agree with Ronin .. MA Is all about spirit , if your spirit is hight so is your physique and your style .. because u will be Strengthening Mind (Mentality ) , Spirt , Physique , and Your own skills of your own style.

(#82 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-27-2009, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
And yes, there are some women that can even kick your "expert" ass. Overconfidence will be your downfall.
Can you give some examples. I mean, I'm moderatly skilled, but I have size and strength on my side. I've just never encountered a female who I think could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
BTW, this belly dancing Elvis that you enjoy making fun of makes $200 a show dancing to 2 songs and I usually do 5 shows a month. Sure beats getting my ass kicked for $350 a month.
I wasn't making fun of you. Just pointing out how different you and me are.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…

Last edited by Tenchu : 08-27-2009 at 04:05 AM.
(#83 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-27-2009, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I believe his point was, Tenchu, that particular kid's 'training' was through surviving constant fights for years.

Your comparison of a trained sniper to a 'nobody' doesn't match his arguement. A closer comparison would have been with someone who has learned to hunt with a rifle out of necessity. True, the professional may still have an advantage, but you cannot just simply brush aside the other guy's first hand experience.
It just doesn't add up.

I mean, there'd be some cases where skilled state or regional Champions in some style did not have the right attitude to fight outside of sport, and could be beaten by the right person.

But mostly, it isn't going to work.

The most simple thing is protecting the head. I'm a fairly big fella, I'd be able to knock someone out with just one hook to the jaw. Of course, that's harder than it sounds, because trained people always either move out of its way, block it, or if they do take it they're moving with it, and it's not solid enough.

But if I threw a combo of about 5 different punches to the jaw in only about 1 second, how an untrained person could deal with them all... I just can't see it. It's not going to happen.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…

Last edited by Tenchu : 08-27-2009 at 04:07 AM.
(#84 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-27-2009, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Haha! Says the guy whose only comeback to my paragraph which was on topic

"Uhhh... the Spartan approach. I was waiting for you to get to there... so original."

Also... you're such a dolt!
It wasn't a comeback, Ronin. I don't take you seriously enough to actually genuinely retaliate. It was just another way at laughing at you.

Your mindset is so predictable here. It's kind of funny. I don't even have to be a psychologist and I can read you like a book.

Actually, most people on this forum laugh at you; you're entitled to your own views, but your attitude in conversation is pretty childish, and it's getting worse as time passes, not better.

Last edited by Tenchu : 08-27-2009 at 04:08 AM.
(#85 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-27-2009, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyreaL View Post
Sorry to interrupt Gentlemen ,

But I disagree with you Tenchu Isn't this a confliction in your point of view ..

I Agree with Ronin .. MA Is all about spirit , if your spirit is hight so is your physique and your style .. because u will be Strengthening Mind (Mentality ) , Spirt , Physique , and Your own skills of your own style.
This isn't some Final Fantasy game where someone who's good at some mythical style of football can transfer his talents over to combat and become a super-hero. This is real life, where people train their entire life-time perfecting what at first looks to be the simplest movements...

Anyway, weapons Vs. monsters is way different than fists Vs. professionals. So maybe FF still have some credability...

(#86 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-27-2009, 04:17 AM

Quote:
a well trained martial artist kicks the f*** through anyone bare knuckle.

I generally agree, but that is too categorical.
(#87 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-27-2009, 04:17 AM

Quote:
No. If it's a fist fight, an untrained person doesn't stand a chance.

Define "untrained"
(#88 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-27-2009, 05:18 AM

Quote:
It just doesn't add up.

I mean, there'd be some cases where skilled state or regional Champions in some style did not have the right attitude to fight outside of sport, and could be beaten by the right person.

But mostly, it isn't going to work.

The most simple thing is protecting the head. I'm a fairly big fella, I'd be able to knock someone out with just one hook to the jaw. Of course, that's harder than it sounds, because trained people always either move out of its way, block it, or if they do take it they're moving with it, and it's not solid enough.

But if I threw a combo of about 5 different punches to the jaw in only about 1 second, how an untrained person could deal with them all... I just can't see it. It's not going to happen.
Because an untrained person with STREET experience has learnt these same lessons the hard way you idiot.

Quote:
It wasn't a comeback, Ronin. I don't take you seriously enough to actually genuinely retaliate. It was just another way at laughing at you.

Your mindset is so predictable here. It's kind of funny. I don't even have to be a psychologist and I can read you like a book.

Actually, most people on this forum laugh at you; you're entitled to your own views, but your attitude in conversation is pretty childish, and it's getting worse as time passes, not better.
Hahaha! bullsh*t... you take me seriously enough untill I own you. It's why you've derailed our previous conversation concerning the link between dance and martial arts and resorted to lame comebacks. I was the last one to make a relevant post concerning the matter.

My attitude in conversation is childish? Condescending maybe.. but I make no apologies for that. But considering you can't even make a coherent stand on anything I don't think you're in any position to call anyone childish. I sometimes wonder if you understand the words that I'm putting up on your screen.

And yes I'm aware that you and others like noodle hate me with a passion... that dolt Ivionk3y too... komitsuki aswell. It's because I consistently trip you guys up with your own opinions and you guys can't handle it.

And for that reason I love to be hated
(#89 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-27-2009, 05:26 AM

Was that little emo-speech really necessary?
(#90 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

08-27-2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksensei View Post
Was that little emo-speech really necessary?
Of course not... much of what I've said for the last page and a bit has been unnecessary. And emo? I'm disappointed you think it was emo... I was going for a more condescending tone... the tongue smiley and the hahahaha's.