Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-28-2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tksensei View Post

It's not.
Care to elaborate?

Now, I get the feeling I'm surrounded by a bunch of people trying to make excuses for their own laziness because they still want to think they kick ass when they can't be bothered to train for it.

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#112 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchu View Post
Care to elaborate?

I think I've covered this. Plenty of guys are heroes in the dojo but have never actually been in a scrap for real. Plenty of guys can dominate their buddies in the training hall but haven't really tested themselves in a ring or on the street. Plenty of guys do well in practice but can't get it done in competition. Some guys do well in competition but don't have experience outside of that. If X-degree black belt has never mixed it up in a dark, dirty bar in the early hours of the morning, then I sure as hell wouldn't count of him in that situation. Training in and of itself is NOT experience.

Last edited by tksensei : 08-28-2009 at 05:47 AM.
(#113 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-28-2009, 05:53 AM

Quote:
I think I've covered this. Plenty of guys are heroes in the dojo but have never actually been in a scrap for real. Plenty of guys can dominate their buddies in the training hall but haven't really tested themselves in a ring or on the street. Plenty of guys do well in practice but can't get it done in competition. Some guys do well in competition but don't have experience outside of that. If X-degree black belt has never mixed it up in a dark, dirty bar in the early hours of the morning, then I sure as hell wouldn't count of him in that situation. Training in and of itself is NOT experience.
People serious about their training don't go to "dark dirty bars" in the wee hours of the morning...

At the end of the day, training only adds to your skill. Yes, experience is good, but not everyone is lucky enough to get it. But by choice, everyone can train and even become a decent fighter if they work hard.

People who mock training don't command much intelligence in my eyes...

The eternal Saint is calling, through the ages she has told. The ages have not listened; the will of faith has grown old…

For forever she will wander, for forever she withholds; the Demon King is on his way, you’d best not be learned untold…
(#114 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2009, 06:29 AM

Quote:
People serious about their training don't go to "dark dirty bars" in the wee hours of the morning......

Well, that tells me all I need to know about you...
(#115 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2009, 06:30 AM

Quote:

People who mock training don't command much intelligence in my eyes...
Have you seen anyone "mock" training on this thread?
(#116 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-28-2009, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Have you seen anyone "mock" training on this thread?
You just gave a big rant about how training isn't experience and it doesn't mean anything. I think my case is safe.

(#117 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2009, 06:42 AM

Quote:
You just gave a big rant about how training isn't experience and it doesn't mean anything. I think my case is safe.

When did I say training doesn't mean anything?
(#118 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-28-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Well, that tells me all I need to know about you...
No. Really. What kind of dick is hanging around in those dodgey places, anyway? He clearly hasn't been studying very hard.

(#119 (permalink))
Old
Tenchu (Offline)
-

08-28-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
When did I say training doesn't mean anything?
Here:

Quote:
You seem to be implying that you'd place more money on a thug who gets himself in a lot of poor situations than you'd on a trained professional.

(#120 (permalink))
Old
tksensei (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-28-2009, 06:51 AM

Quote:
No. Really. What kind of dick is hanging around in those dodgey places, anyway? He clearly hasn't been studying very hard.
Who is "he"?