JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
w0rm (Offline)
New to JF

Understand Japanese? Please help settle this MMA dispute! - 10-07-2009, 11:12 PM

Please help settle a long running dispute regarding a fighter's record! Some say that he has never lost a round, some say that he has! The fighter is Lyoto Machida.

The following are his two most difficult fights and this is where the dispute lies, Unfortunately, the commentary is in Japanese so we need your help!

If you understand Japanese would you mind listening to the following two youtube videos and telling me what the verdict is in the following two fights?

First, we need to know if the fight was scored in rounds e.g. 30-27 or was the fight just judged in it's entirety.

Then, if the fights were judged in rounds, please tell what the judges scores were... if the fight was judged in it's entirety, what was the ruling?

The first fight is here: The verdict is given at 6:00.
YouTube - Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida vs. B.J. "Prodigy" Penn (3 of 3)

The second fight is here: The verdict is given at 9:10
YouTube - Lyoto "Dragon" Machida vs. Sam Greco (2 of 2)

Thanks for taking you time with this!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-07-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0rm View Post
Please help settle a long running dispute regarding a fighter's record! Some say that he has never lost a round, some say that he has! The fighter is Lyoto Machida.

The following are his two most difficult fights and this is where the dispute lies, Unfortunately, the commentary is in Japanese so we need your help!

If you understand Japanese would you mind listening to the following two youtube videos and telling me what the verdict is in the following two fights?

First, we need to know if the fight was scored in rounds e.g. 30-27 or was the fight just judged in it's entirety.

Then, if the fights were judged in rounds, please tell what the judges scores were... if the fight was judged in it's entirety, what was the ruling?

The first fight is here: The verdict is given at 6:00.
YouTube - Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida vs. B.J. "Prodigy" Penn (3 of 3)

The second fight is here: The verdict is given at 9:10
YouTube - Lyoto "Dragon" Machida vs. Sam Greco (2 of 2)

Thanks for taking you time with this!
The first fight was score 3-0 for Lyoto. The second was 2-1 Lyoto. They didn't talk about rounds.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
w0rm (Offline)
New to JF

10-07-2009, 11:24 PM

Thanks MMM!

Please don't consider me rude but would someone else please verify what MMM says? I really want to be sure of this, and someone else who claims to understand Japanese said the ruling was...

Quote:
I didn't think they used a 10 point must system, but they clearly are. It says "Judge (O)Kobayashi 30-29 blue, Lyoto. Judge Tyler(I can't tell because of the pronuciation) 30-30 blue Lyoto(I think it said something about a decision), Judge Uehi(sp) 29-29 blue, Lyoto. Then it says "The winner is Lyoto".
Anyone here understand Japanese? - Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums
(#4 (permalink))
Old
redline (Offline)
JF Regular

11-02-2009, 08:50 PM

Idk what they're saying, buuut in the machida vs shogun title fight shogun won the last 2 of 5 rounds. Most people claim that shogun should have actually won the fight.