JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
Motorsport - 01-10-2010, 07:51 PM

I haven't noticed any threads relating to motorsport. I know that motorsport isn't as popular in Japan as it is in Europe, as drivers like Takuma Sato, Daisuke Nakajima, Kazuki Nakajima and Sakon Yamamoto came to European series to further their careers. How popular is motorsport compared to other sports in Japan? In the UK, its behind football (soccer) and rugby but is ahead of basketball, athletics, snooker etc. I'm a huge fan of motorsport in general, and loves the SuperGT series.

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#2 (permalink))
Old
fatalbert130 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-11-2010, 03:08 AM

Japan is a small country.

A place running a car is limited to.
In addition, the technology of the car which is usable for a race becomes complicated, and an amateur cannot easily get it ready.

I think that the narrowness of such an entrance lowers popularity of Japanese motorsport.

I enjoy Offroad riding.
It is difficult to look for a style such as "On any sunday" in present Japan.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

01-11-2010, 07:13 PM

I understand that its difficult to enter the sport, but I mean fans of the sport. I know that Japan has many of its own series, e.g. Formula Nippon, Japanese F3 & SuperGT. Surely, theres a few fan on the forum as thousands turn up for race day.

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#4 (permalink))
Old
fatalbert130 (Offline)
JF Regular

01-14-2010, 09:54 AM

Now. A drift competition seems to be prosperous in Japan.

This is a thing such as the stunt not a Slalom competition.

I do not like D-1.
However, I think that I succeeded for a show to be used to attract a youth.

YouTube - D1 GP 2008 鈴鹿 グッドイヤーレーシング

全日本プロドリフト選手権 - フレッシュアイペディア

D1 GRAND PRIX Official Website
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

01-14-2010, 12:53 PM

Drifting is becoming more popular around the world, especially the D1 Championship. I've watched the D1 series on TV when they were at Silverstone. My favourite car is, probably, the Sumo-Power 350Z.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
WhoIsDaffy (Offline)
Banned

01-18-2010, 01:26 PM

unfortunatly WRC has had most of the makes pull out :-(

there was of course some nice drifting in that,

also i hear that in sweeden you can't pass your driving test unless you know how to drift.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

01-18-2010, 06:10 PM

Its probably true. Most of the Japanese manufacturer's have gone to the IRC (Intercontinental Rally Challenge). Subaru & Mitsubishi (under Ralliart) are there. There was also a WRC rally in Japan. That looked well supported.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
hyochan (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to hyochan
02-11-2010, 09:21 PM

I wish I had the possibility to follow more Japanese motorsports since I find it very entertaining. Also I'm very fond of the few Japanese racing drivers I've seen through the years. I am feeling very hopeful of what Kamui Kobayashi can achieve in Formula One this year!

I am also surprised where all the fans of Japanese motorsports are!

A question related to the topic: Anyone knows any shop in/around Tokyo which sells souvenirs/clothes of any kind, related to Japanese motorsports? I expected to at least find any shirt with Takuma Sato, but no... it was nowhere to be found.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
fuma47 (Offline)
New to JF

03-08-2010, 11:08 AM

hi,
I have been a great fan of Moto races. So I personally like Japanese sports .
You all have given awesome posts We all are benefited by these posts. We all you want you to continue to giving such suggestion for us.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

03-08-2010, 04:16 PM

Thanks, Fuma47. I've noticed a few Japanese drivers in all forms of motorsport. Kamui Kobayashi in F1. Kazuki Nakajima in F1 last year, & Daisuke Nakajima in Juniour open-wheel formulae in Britain (F3). Toshi Arai in Rallying. Takuma Sato and Hideki Mutoh in IndyCar. And all the Japanese drivers in SuperGT and Formula Nippon. I think it was Sato who said for Japanese drivers to be successful in World motorsport, they have to enter European championships.