JF's Road Roller

06-26-2010, 09:23 PM

That was a good game.
(#123 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-26-2010, 10:25 PM

It was a good game. Ghana has some incredible players.
(#124 (permalink))
Old
ayumiyuu (Offline)
Satan's Bitch

06-27-2010, 02:31 AM

Looking forward Nippon-Paraguay!!

Those guys were fantastic against Denmark!! I chewed my nails to hilt!!

GO JAPAN!!
(#125 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

06-27-2010, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
It was a good game. Ghana has some incredible players.
Yeah, they do! I've been following them since the African Nations Cup where they got to the final! They're pretty amazing for such a young team!

USA played well too, but unfortunately, there has to be a winner and a loser! I'm sure the US will come back even stronger next time!
(#126 (permalink))
Old
GabiSoare (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to GabiSoare
06-27-2010, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Yeah, they do! I've been following them since the African Nations Cup where they got to the final! They're pretty amazing for such a young team!

USA played well too, but unfortunately, there has to be a winner and a loser! I'm sure the US will come back even stronger next time!
Yes, americans are good at running , but they don't have experience with the round ball . This is the 1st time when Ghana participate at a WorldCup! I hope Ghana or/and Japan will pass the next stage!!
(#127 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

06-27-2010, 10:31 AM

You obviously haven't watched the 2006 world cup and there's no need to bash the U.S. They played well, took their chances, and would've won if it weren't for Ghana's goalkeeper. He saved their asses so many times that just counting them would your head spin. But with a defense that shitty they won't have much chance against Uruguay.
(#128 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-27-2010, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
You obviously haven't watched the 2006 world cup and there's no need to bash the U.S. They played well, took their chances, and would've won if it weren't for Ghana's goalkeeper. He saved their asses so many times that just counting them would your head spin. But with a defense that shitty they won't have much chance against Uruguay.
The US played well. But I dont think that you can put the US failure at the hands of the goalkeeper of Ghana. If I remember correctly Ghana also had many oppurtunities to score that didnt materialize into points.

Also the US penalty was unfair in my opinion. The tackle caught the ball first and then the player. So in fact the score should have been 1-0 after 90 minutes in my opinion.
(#129 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

06-27-2010, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
The US played well. But I dont think that you can put the US failure at the hands of the goalkeeper of Ghana. If I remember correctly Ghana also had many oppurtunities to score that didnt materialize into points.
Actually I can. Like I said, Ghana's defense was so bad that American's had several chances to score when they were one one with the goalkeeper and lost those chances, not because the shots were bad but because the goalie played well in those situations. There even was a time when one of the defenders almost scored own goal if the goalie didn't react quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Also the US penalty was unfair in my opinion. The tackle caught the ball first and then the player. So in fact the score should have been 1-0 after 90 minutes in my opinion.
It looks perfectly clear when you're sitting next to a TV watching a slow replay. But when you're a referee on the field everything looks different from another angle. It was a tough call for him.
(#130 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-27-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Actually I can. Like I said, Ghana's defense was so bad that American's had several chances to score when they were one one with the goalkeeper and lost those chances, not because the shots were bad but because the goalie played well in those situations. There even was a time when one of the defenders almost scored own goal if the goalie didn't react quickly.

I know but Im just saying that if you say that then you can give credit to the US keeper for only allowing one goal scored against them when it should have been more. Ghana also had many missed chances.

Also you can say the keeper was really good... or the US attack was just shit. I with you and I too say the keeper was really good but I dont think that you can say "If it wasnt for that damn keeper we would have won" is all I'm saying.

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 06-27-2010 at 12:18 PM.