LinkBack Thread Tools
(#181 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

07-01-2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Evidently YOU dont read the English you type.

You didnt say Jason was right in a sense. Look at where I quoted you.

Consider yourself owned. (again)

I didnt say your perception was wrong. Im saying that its your perception.

That MIGHT be true if we were discussing facts or figures or if a process of reasoning was involved. Since we are purely discussing perceptions then agreeing to disagree is a perfectly fine way to end the conversation.

And on that note I think Im going to end this conversation.

Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
And JasonTakeshi, is right! England WERE outplaying Germany in the sense that they had more possession and more opportunities.
looooooooooooooool, poor Ronin needs everything spelt out for him to understand that "in the sense that" is talking about a certain "sense", which means IN A SENSE. Are you really that clueless or are you trying to say that I had to use the exact wording everywhere, i.e. "Jason is right in a sense"?

So in your words, Consider yourself owned (and this time, again, is actually true, unlike you )

Ahh, so, no process of reason is involved you come up with a perception... no wonder you're the way you are! It all makes sense (oops, maybe I shouldn't use this word) now.
(#182 (permalink))
Old
JasonTakeshi (Offline)
Conceptual Doubt

07-01-2010, 07:07 PM

Any thoughts for saturday? (Argentina vs Germany)

My bets are on Argentina.

Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like.
(#183 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

07-01-2010, 07:20 PM

All my friends are saying Argentina as well (they might still be a bit bitter from the England match, lol), but I think Germany are gonna spank them! For some reason, I get the feeling that all the South American teams have a huge problem in defence in this competition. If Germany go full whack and don't think about defending all game, I think they'll succeed!
(#184 (permalink))
Old
Atredies (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-02-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
looooooooooooooool, poor Ronin needs everything spelt out for him to understand that "in the sense that" is talking about a certain "sense", which means IN A SENSE. Are you really that clueless or are you trying to say that I had to use the exact wording everywhere, i.e. "Jason is right in a sense"?

So in your words, Consider yourself owned (and this time, again, is actually true, unlike you )

Ahh, so, no process of reason is involved you come up with a perception... no wonder you're the way you are! It all makes sense (oops, maybe I shouldn't use this word) now.
meh enjoy the games beyond the language barrier. maybe ronon4hire's mother language isn't english.
(#185 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-02-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:

You said

Quote:
JasonTakeshi is right! England were playing better than Germany in the sense that...
Obviously your English needs some work because that does not equal saying

Quote:
JasonTakeshi was right in a sense
Owned again.

(Bolding parts of the sentence doesnt make the rest of the sentence invisible... just so you know. Peace )

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 07-02-2010 at 09:31 AM.
(#186 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

07-02-2010, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
You said

Obviously your English needs some work because that does not equal saying

Owned again.

(Bolding parts of the sentence doesnt make the rest of the sentence invisible... just so you know. Peace )
Ok genius... what's the difference between these two phrases;

And JasonTakeshi, is right! England WERE outplaying Germany in the sense that they had more possession and more opportunities.

Germany were outplaying England IN A SENSE because they had more possession and opportunities.

If I have a REAL problem with English, that's fine, it's not my mother-tongue, and it'll never reach that level, but unless you explain to me why I'm wrong, you're delirious!

So for someone that speaks only one language "fluently", you're having a big problem grasping what I'm saying, and obviously a big problem with the word "owned", because I have yet to see you own me! I feel bad for you...
(#187 (permalink))
Old
komitsuki (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

07-02-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Ok genius... what's the difference between these two phrases;

Germany were outplaying England IN A SENSE because they had more possession and opportunities.

If I have a REAL problem with English, that's fine, it's not my mother-tongue, and it'll never reach that level, but unless you explain to me why I'm wrong, you're delirious!

So for someone that speaks only one language "fluently", you're having a big problem grasping what I'm saying, and obviously a big problem with the word "owned", because I have yet to see you own me! I feel bad for you...
Theoretical Linguistics major here. I don't know who started this strange controversial conversation on who says something wrong, I don't think it's really important to discuss oblique cases (in the sense, etc.) in a grammatically analytical language like English. Unless if you talk in passive sentences all the way in an exceptional situation. Oblique cases only contribute minor nuances in a very casual discussion we have here.

And now, back to sports.

JapanForum's semi-resident amateur linguist.
(#188 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
07-02-2010, 02:38 PM

Brazil is up by one vs Netherlands.

(#189 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
07-02-2010, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTakeshi View Post
Any thoughts for saturday? (Argentina vs Germany)

My bets are on Argentina.
Im going to agree Argentina has been looking good they seem like they want it bad. Germany better bring their A game and not underestimate them.

(#190 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

07-02-2010, 03:57 PM

The Dutch have won!!! Netherlands - Brazil 2:1

Thus the Dutch still stand unbeatable and in this world cup you ain't getting anything Brazil.