JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Sports (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-sports/)
-   -   World Cup!! (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-sports/31089-world-cup.html)

Hideo 03-26-2010 01:50 PM

World Cup!!

It's not long now until the biggest show on earth begins in South Africa, with Japan strutting their stuff against Cameroon, Netherlands and Denmark in the first round.

If you're interested in following and discussing Japan's build up, preparation and progress, have a look at Japan World Cup Team Blog and leave your comments on the blogs, and join in the discussions.

ModusOperandi 03-26-2010 08:35 PM

Japan has been a huge focus of attention lately... which is something rare to see when it comes to football.
Judging from the way they've been performing and the attention they've garnered, I'm expecting them to travel deep in the competition.

I have my fingers crossed for Brazil though :P

nobora 03-26-2010 10:35 PM

Thats right its almost time for the world cup-!!! Unfortunately im rooting for my home country sorry Japan.

Hideo 03-27-2010 03:54 PM

Keisuke Honda is the man of the moment for Japan - playing well and scoring a few for CSKA Moscow, and hopefully taking a more prominent and attacking role in the national team.

Blitzwing85 03-31-2010 01:09 PM

I hate to say it, being from England but i just hope England do not win.
As much as i would like to see my home country win that tournament someday, i do not think the current set of players deserve it.

Japan have a good chance to make it to the knockout stage and possibly a QTR or SEMI depending on the draw.

I think Brazil will add another to their collection though. Although i wouldn't mind seeing Netherlands win it for the 1st time.
Spain are probably Brazils main challengers.

JamboP26 03-31-2010 03:47 PM

I hope Japan do well, because 2006 was disappointing. My home country (Scotland) isn't at the world cup this year. So I'll be rooting for my usual Germany & Japan

Orochitachi 03-31-2010 05:36 PM

re

I hope Japan does well too :d

but I think that Germany will take the title :D

Hideo 04-01-2010 12:41 PM

My guess is that Spain will win, they play wonderful football and a World Cup would be just reward for a great squad.

As for Japan, as I've written on my blog (linked below) which I hope some of you have visited, I think that a realistic target of getting out of the group would be a good achievement as well as being more realistic than Okada's semi-final aim. I would be ecstatic if Japan did reach that far (unless they beat England!) but I just can't see it. Then again...you never know!

Blitzwing85 04-01-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hideo (Post 806591)
My guess is that Spain will win, they play wonderful football and a World Cup would be just reward for a great squad.

As for Japan, as I've written on my blog (linked below) which I hope some of you have visited, I think that a realistic target of getting out of the group would be a good achievement as well as being more realistic than Okada's semi-final aim. I would be ecstatic if Japan did reach that far (unless they beat England!) but I just can't see it. Then again...you never know!

I just had a look, Japan and England can't play each other unless they both reach the semi finals. Even then it would depend on who came 1st/2nd in their relative groups earlier on.
So no worries there...they can both progress to the Semi's without having to knock each other out. Although i have to admit it's unlikely either of them will get that far.

England should easily make through the group stage but could face germany in the 1st knock out stage. That would be a tough start!!!

Oh, i see you're from Newcastle too...same as me. :vsign:

noodle 04-01-2010 01:29 PM

I'm at conflict with my identity at the moment! Born in Algeria, lived in England most of my life and am a British Citizen, but now living in France and will soon become a French Citizen. I either choose a country to support, or support all three lol

To top it off, first match is England vs Algeria!