(#11 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
04-20-2010, 08:53 AM

bug·gy 1 (bg)
n. pl. bug·gies
1. A small, light, one-horse carriage usually having four wheels in the United States and two wheels in Great Britain.
2. A baby carriage.
3. A passenger or recreational vehicle, usually with oversized tires, designed for off-road use.
4. Informal An automobile.
5. Chiefly Southern U.S. A shopping cart, especially for groceries.

well, if you think the KTM is a buggy. i guess all cars are buggies. minivans, suv's, coupes, sedans, etc, you are now a buggy.

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun
(#12 (permalink))
Old
hadron (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via ICQ to hadron
04-20-2010, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwing85 View Post
I'd still pick the F430 if i had that kind of money.
Although the Gt-R spec wise is good for the price, i don't like the appearence of the car.

In all honesty though, i've had many fast cars and for a road car i tend not to see the point in really high spec cars.
The most power in a car i've had is 320bhp.
This did 0-60mph in about 5 seconds or less which is more than enough really.

My friend just bought a Nissan Skyline GT-R (1995) and is importing it from Japan. Good spec but i think he's an idiot for buying such an old car!!! He paid £11,000 for a 15 year old car...crazy fool.
yeah, cars improve fast and even 10 year cars are missing much technology to current models, in many cases even design&look is old and so.

you are right with fast cars that at certain point the differences are minimal, and the most is up to driver. and what matters the most is to be sport minded , and then doesn't matter how much horses you have.

so if your friend is gonna enjoy the car, it is worth it
(#13 (permalink))
Old
hadron (Offline)
JF Regular

04-20-2010, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
bug·gy 1 (bg)
n. pl. bug·gies
1. A small, light, one-horse carriage usually having four wheels in the United States and two wheels in Great Britain.
2. A baby carriage.
3. A passenger or recreational vehicle, usually with oversized tires, designed for off-road use.
4. Informal An automobile.
5. Chiefly Southern U.S. A shopping cart, especially for groceries.

well, if you think the KTM is a buggy. i guess all cars are buggies. minivans, suv's, coupes, sedans, etc, you are now a buggy.
you should rather look at point 4 then

anyway, i am just a man, and when i look at these two links a see a pretty much same thing

buggy - H

x-bow - H

sorry to disappoint you
(#14 (permalink))
Old
JackIsLost (Offline)
Wanderer

Send a message via AIM to JackIsLost
04-20-2010, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadron View Post
you should rather look at point 4 then

anyway, i am just a man, and when i look at these two links a see a pretty much same thing

buggy - H

x-bow - H

sorry to disappoint you
point 4 says informally, a automobile. so... GT-R is a buggy in that sense too...

GT-R is a great car, i will not argue. but the GT-R get's whooped by a cheap "buggy" in your sense. so why get a GT-R if it's no faster than a BUGGY?

after your argument, i highly doubt you know much about sport cars. but much of a fanboy. your first post is pretty much sums up your knowledge "gt-r has a special type of tires with enpowered attachment to the disks so they don't come off that easily in corners"

うんこ漏らした。

my gun is bigger than your gun
(#15 (permalink))
Old
hadron (Offline)
JF Regular

04-20-2010, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackIsLost View Post
point 4 says informally, a automobile. so... GT-R is a buggy in that sense too...

GT-R is a great car, i will not argue. but the GT-R get's whooped by a cheap "buggy" in your sense. so why get a GT-R if it's no faster than a BUGGY?

after your argument, i highly doubt you know much about sport cars. but much of a fanboy. your first post is pretty much sums up your knowledge "gt-r has a special type of tires with enpowered attachment to the disks so they don't come off that easily in corners"
yes i am not even fun boy, i don't even have time to lookup all exact words from dictionary cause it is not important for me and i know ppl understand what i mean even with my non-accurate talk

did you get it at first place?

then, like if i say x-bow is buggy, i am very sure you know why i do say it, i didn't made it up just from nothing and all that your talk around is completely useless. you just want to carry on with your "exactness", because it can be used as car. but i demand much more than x-bow posses to say ... this is a car.

x-bow is car in general but its limited features makes it only a specific type of car which is not a real car.

x-bow might be faster than gt-r based only and only on fact that it weights a ton of material less. so if you take a ton of material from a car you probably looses great amount of luxury (or common car features), and that luxury i think, is essential to say about any object that ... this is a car. ok?
(#16 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
04-20-2010, 11:08 AM

I'm a huge fan of the GT-R. It's an incredible car when you think about it. The Ariel Atom, Caterham & KTM X-Bow are good cars, and I wouldn't say they were buggies, but they are all 2 seaters. The GT-R is a four seater that goes as fast as a Ferrari. The Ferrari may pull away on straights, but in corners, the GT-R would destroy the Ferrari.

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)
(#17 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-20-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboP26 View Post
I'm a huge fan of the GT-R. It's an incredible car when you think about it. The Ariel Atom, Caterham & KTM X-Bow are good cars, and I wouldn't say they were buggies, but they are all 2 seaters. The GT-R is a four seater that goes as fast as a Ferrari. The Ferrari may pull away on straights, but in corners, the GT-R would destroy the Ferrari.
Thats because of the advance AWD thats equipped in the GT-R. I love the GT-R, but I also think that its over-priced. Just looking purely at some of its feature, the upcoming 2011 Audi RS5 can put up a good match in drive-train and engine power. Its far more luxury and probably will cost less

Funny I found this thread, my wife just gave me approval for a super sport car, and the GT-R is actually on my short list of cars (Unfortunately, I can't afford a Lambo or Ferrari), I have the 911 C4S, Bimmer M6, Audi RS5 on the list as well. The GT-R is still damn attractive, but I really want the luxury the others can offer
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Blitzwing85 (Offline)
マーク - 戦士

04-20-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Thats because of the advance AWD thats equipped in the GT-R. I love the GT-R, but I also think that its over-priced. Just looking purely at some of its feature, the upcoming 2011 Audi RS5 can put up a good match in drive-train and engine power. Its far more luxury and probably will cost less

Funny I found this thread, my wife just gave me approval for a super sport car, and the GT-R is actually on my short list of cars (Unfortunately, I can't afford a Lambo or Ferrari), I have the 911 C4S, Bimmer M6, Audi RS5 on the list as well. The GT-R is still damn attractive, but I really want the luxury the others can offer
I'd choose Audi > BMW every time.
Never owned either but from the various ones i've driven and been in i've thought the Audi was better in every range. They also look better.

Not a fan of Porsche either so i'd pick the Audi out of those 3.
To me, the only Porsche i'd consider is the very best one.

But...i'm done with expensive cars. haha. Everytime i spend excessively on an expensive car i regret it later. After 6 of them in 5 years i finally learnt my lesson.
Last year when i bought my 1st house i bought a 1.6 Ibiza SC Sport. £10,000 with every single extra on. So i got a bargain really...and although i miss putting my foot down, in all honesty i'm more than happy to get to 65mph and stick cruise control on then just chill out. I'm bored of driving!!!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-20-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzwing85 View Post
I'd choose Audi > BMW every time.
Never owned either but from the various ones i've driven and been in i've thought the Audi was better in every range. They also look better.

Not a fan of Porsche either so i'd pick the Audi out of those 3.
To me, the only Porsche i'd consider is the very best one.

But...i'm done with expensive cars. haha. Everytime i spend excessively on an expensive car i regret it later. After 6 of them in 5 years i finally learnt my lesson.
Last year when i bought my 1st house i bought a 1.6 Ibiza SC Sport. £10,000 with every single extra on. So i got a bargain really...and although i miss putting my foot down, in all honesty i'm more than happy to get to 65mph and stick cruise control on then just chill out. I'm bored of driving!!!
Never owned a BMW either, but have been driving Audi for the last 10 years, I LOVE them.

I wonder how the RS5 will compare to the GT-R, the RS5 is about 40HP shy of the GT-R. AWD on the RS5 probably works better than the GT-R, but the old 10/90 power distribution will make the GT-R more efficient. GT-R has better brakes and suspension, but the RS5 is far more luxury.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Blitzwing85 (Offline)
マーク - 戦士

04-20-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Never owned a BMW either, but have been driving Audi for the last 10 years, I LOVE them.

I wonder how the RS5 will compare to the GT-R, the RS5 is about 40HP shy of the GT-R. AWD on the RS5 probably works better than the GT-R, but the old 10/90 power distribution will make the GT-R more efficient. GT-R has better brakes and suspension, but the RS5 is far more luxury.
Well if you like your Luxury then the RS5 would no doubt be a lot better than the GT-R. But the GT-R would probably be more fun to drive.
But for me, those types of cars are best to drive fast, but comfortably so i wouldn't be too fussed about the fun factor.