JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Sports (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-sports/)
-   -   Karate anyone? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-sports/3176-karate-anyone.html)

Kokugen 03-19-2007 10:36 PM

Karate anyone?

Anyone do Karate? I do GKR, Orange belt atm should be getting Green in 16 weeks or so also world cups coming up, I'm going to the qualifiers >.< shouldn't do too badly my sensei's say I can do well.

What about anyone else?

Kayame 03-19-2007 10:58 PM

I'm in karate, I am also and orange belt, but my test will be coming up in a few classes.

Kokugen 03-19-2007 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kayame (Post 71636)
I'm in karate, I am also and orange belt, but my test will be coming up in a few classes.

Interesting, are you with a local or international club?

Rikku777 03-19-2007 11:23 PM

I am a orange belt too...(Do I hear an echo???) lol:D I am hoping to get my 2nd degree blue belt the middle of next month...but I need to practice more... I take Taekwondo-Kempo-Jujitsu...;)

Kokugen 03-20-2007 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikku777 (Post 71646)
I am a orange belt too...(Do I hear an echo???) lol:D I am hoping to get my 2nd degree blue belt the middle of next month...but I need to practice more... I take Taekwondo-Kempo-Jujitsu...;)

I've been wanting to do Taekwondo for a very long while but alas I've never started their belts a spectacularly confusing to me too.

Kanji_The_Wanderer 03-20-2007 03:03 PM

I got to a purple belt in Shotokan Karate before I had to quit it. :mad: But it was so awesome! It was great fun.

Kokugen 03-21-2007 12:02 AM

Why'd you have to quit? Did you move or something?

Kayame 04-03-2007 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikku777 (Post 71646)

I used to take Taekwondo, but when we move the classes here were to much, so I stuck with karate. I'm in a national leage

dragonrazor 04-03-2007 10:54 PM

i learned a little bit of ninjutsu (ninja tai jutsu) from a young woman and her family who were on vacation in florida for the five months that i lived there with my mother and grandfather....she claimed it was Kouga style, but i dunno

no karate though...i think it's too much trouble *doesn't want a hardhand*

Rikku777 04-03-2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonrazor (Post 80862)
i learned a little bit of ninjutsu (ninja tai jutsu) from a young woman and her family who were on vacation in florida for the five months that i lived there with my mother and grandfather....she claimed it was Kouga style, but i dunno

no karate though...i think it's too much trouble *doesn't want a hardhand*

What do you mean, 'too much trouble?' 'Hardhand'? What the heck? *confused* being able to do katas and fight and stuff rocks!:D