JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

Send a message via MSN to kokunin Send a message via Yahoo to kokunin
04-04-2007, 11:02 PM

I don't like it, it looks like jyujutsu with kick boxing...and everybody knows the same thing, most are western arts, with exception to the jyujutsu aspect. Mixed martial arts, should be mixed, a big bag of everything. Ya' know.

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

04-06-2007, 03:26 AM

not really, they work within the rules set, and most martartial arts, don't work within the rules...like breaking...

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

04-06-2007, 03:42 PM

what about the chinese arts or the korean, in hapkido, said to come from an aikijyujutsu, goes pretty hard, and a traditional muay thai bout is very different than in mma, "americanized" is the word...

-God

good night...
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

04-08-2007, 12:12 AM

"americanized" is the term for not the way it was in its origin. Like most mma fighters takle brazilian jyujutsu, instead of japanese jyujutsu. It not what works, its whats works in the rules of the game. And it is a game...

-God

good night...
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kir0 (Offline)
JF Regular

04-08-2007, 11:49 AM

I like MMA, though I don't really watch it that often.

I take Taekwondo, but my Sabumnim(instructor) also has other classes he teaches aswell, for real situations. Combat class is one. It consists of grappling(Jujitsu), Muy Tai, & kick boxing. Its alot like MMA.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

04-09-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensoninoue1 View Post
I understand what you are saying by how certain styles work better around the MMA rules. I also know that a muay thai bout is very different from MMA, as it is more like K-1. Can you explain to me why japanese jyujutsu does not work as well under MMA rules, becuase from what I get is that Royce Gracies father brought it back to brazil and kind of perfected it for a real fight situation.
jyujutsu was around for a few hundred years, and a human is a human, doesn't matter where he's from, and a brazillian guy can take it from a country that's been a warring state for 100's of yrs. and perfect it. Highly unlikely. I mean jyujutsu is jyujutsu but the brazillian guy took out all the formalities. It used to be like a koryu, or old style or school...so they had certain things like eye gouging, or other dirty tricks, just like aikido...aikido is used by the japanese police to subdue someone, yet you never see it in the ring, Why? because its hard to stop somneone in the middle of stopping a motion when the opponent is in the air...Have you noticed that they'll stop a fight if the opponent is in an arm bar, but his arm isn't broken...It's a forced submission...it doesn't work on the street as well, because people got guns, sticks, rocks, sand, whatever...and like the saying goes, "noones innocent."

-God

good night...