JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Sports (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-sports/)
-   -   Yankees Send $46 Million Japanese Pitcher to Minor League (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-sports/4366-yankees-send-%2446-million-japanese-pitcher-minor-league.html)

Niyusu 05-08-2007 03:43 AM

Yankees Send $46 Million Japanese Pitcher to Minor League

The New York Yankees baseball team shipped struggling Japanese pitcher Kei Igawa to the minors on Monday.

New York signed Igawa to a five-year, $20 million contract after paying a posting fee of $26 million to the Hanshin Tigers for the right to negotiate with him.

Igawa has largely been a disappointment, going 2-1 with a 7.63 ERA in six games and allowing eight home and 14 walks.

Source: Yankees send Kei Igawa to minors | Guardian

Oren 05-29-2007 03:02 AM

And this is all because THE YANKEES SUCK!!!

Abasio 05-29-2007 03:06 AM

This is all because baseball is a boring kids game otherwise called rounders.
I don't get the fascination with it. It's boring & not particularly sporty or skillful!
Oh well at least 46 million dollar players do well! :p

Kaicui 05-29-2007 12:54 PM

yea i heard about that who was the other japanese guy dat plays in the majors ?

Yamamato 05-29-2007 04:37 PM

Daisuke Matsusaka for the Red Sox. He was $50mil to talk to and $50mil for a contract, lol. He is doing good though.

Oren, we agree on something, the Yankee's do suck, now just literately also :p Red Sox fan here, though I don't want much baseball, boring :)

glaylover 05-31-2007 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oren (Post 141299)
And this is all because THE YANKEES SUCK!!!

OMG BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!!!!

Oren 05-31-2007 02:04 PM

Sorry Glay, but tis true...they not only suck, but they have dirty players who look like women with their big lips!! I'm actually jealous of those lips!
Baseball is far from boring!! :eek: It's one of the only sports I'll watch on TV
But of course we all have our opinions!! :mtongue:

Kaicui 05-31-2007 03:04 PM

Asian players get paid ridiculous amounts playing for US leagues, i realized dat

jdmgc8 06-08-2007 04:10 PM

not boring

Baseball is not boring, you just have to understand the rules and regs of the game. The game in my opinion is very high skilled game. Have you seen a breaking ball, curve ball or splitter. If thrown correctly its an amazing site. To see an object change direction in mid air. Also batting takes skill, swinging at the right time, and placing the ball in direction you want it to go. And last, yanks don't suck they just not playing well the last few season. I am not a yanks fan or anything, I am not really a fan of any team, just like watching and playing any kind of sport. My dream though is to go to a ball game in japan. I've seen vids on it on the travel channel and the japanese fans really get into the sport. They have section just for cheering, that freakin sweet. :ywave:

Sanchome 06-09-2007 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ensoninoue1 (Post 148125)
One reason I think teams may want a Japanese or asian player, even though they are not the best (but still very good) is becuase it is good business. Think about all of the people in Japan that will buy Daisuke Matsusaka's Red Sox jersey, it opens up a whole new market.

The Japanese players are good, but I'm sure that business is a part of it as well. In Shibuya (Tokyo), they recently opened a new store called the "Major League Clubhouse" that sells only MLB merchandise. I heard it's the first such shop in Japan, but I'm sure it won't be the last. The Japanese market is huge and Major League Baseball must be very happy about the increasing number of Japanese stars in American baseball.