JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Sports (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-sports/)
-   -   Best Japanese Football Player (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-sports/4838-best-japanese-football-player.html)

Acidreptile 05-26-2007 07:04 PM

Best Japanese Football Player

Who's the best japanese football player ever?I don't know many,but I would choose Nakamura and Nakata,Nakamura being much better.

YaksokuDa 05-27-2007 11:26 AM

Indeed them 2 are the top runners, but I think Nakata is a bit past his best. Nakamura and his superb free-kicks wins my vote!

I'm guessing you won't include Alex and such, Brazilians that have gained Japanese citizenship?

Acidreptile 05-27-2007 09:34 PM

No,i'm counting only the japanese.Alex is not that good anyway.

junjunforever 05-30-2007 09:16 PM

I would say in their best days, Nakata was far superior to nakamura.

Although nakamura got mvp in the Scottish league, it is only the scottish league (no offense to scottish people). This year was their first time to get past group stages in Champions League., and even minor leagues like Dutch league has produced number of Champions League winners. J-League is probably similar to the SPL in quality.

But Nakata on the other hand has received awards as best international player in Serie A, one of the best leagues in the world. My vote goes to Nakata.

Its also worth mentioning Okudeara, who was a defender for FC Koln in the 70s. He was supposedly a ver solid defender.

peach0816 05-30-2007 09:47 PM

When I saw the title of this thread I got all excited thinking it was about football as in football like in canada/us. Then I realised it's about soccer football. Why they ever decided to tell us North Americans that soccer is football and football is a totally different sport I'll never know.

YaksokuDa 05-30-2007 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peach0816 (Post 143039)
When I saw the title of this thread I got all excited thinking it was about football as in football like in canada/us. Then I realised it's about soccer football. Why they ever decided to tell us North Americans that soccer is football and football is a totally different sport I'll never know.

Indeed, you don't even use your feet 90% of the time either.=__=

"Soccer" is a nickname made by the English in Football's early years, the name is short for asSOCiAtion Football (SOCA but then made into Soccer), the name died out due to unpopularity and the fact it sounds stupid. Caught on over your end though and stuck lol

YaksokuDa 05-30-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junjunforever (Post 143021)
I would say in their best days, Nakata was far superior to nakamura.

Although nakamura got mvp in the Scottish league, it is only the scottish league (no offense to scottish people). This year was their first time to get past group stages in Champions League., and even minor leagues like Dutch league has produced number of Champions League winners. J-League is probably similar to the SPL in quality.

But Nakata on the other hand has received awards as best international player in Serie A, one of the best leagues in the world. My vote goes to Nakata.

Its also worth mentioning Okudeara, who was a defender for FC Koln in the 70s. He was supposedly a ver solid defender.

Haha, no offence can be taken, you spoke the truth, Scottish League is crap :D
But it's not the same level as J-League, J-League is lower, since it's mainly made up of Japanese and a few Brazilians here and there, while the SPL has all sorts in it.

On overall play, I'd say Nakata was the better player (in their primes), but Nakamura is more skillful and his freekicks are on par with Mr. Beckham's. :D

Looking forward to the Peace Cup, S-Pulse are playing, teams such as Reading, Bolton, River Plate, Udinese, Lyon and...BAH I'll just look it up...

The Peace Cup draw in full:

Group A:
Bolton (England)
Sungnam Ilhwa (South Korea)
Chivas Guadalajara (Mexico)
Udinese (Italy)

Group B:
Reading (England)
River Plate (Argentina)
Shimizu S-Pulse (Japan)
Lyon (France)

£1mill Prize money, if you want to know that in USD find out yourself coz I cant be frigged looking for ya.;)

peach0816 05-30-2007 10:30 PM

Well you learn something new everyday! I did not know that. Now it all makes sense, thank you!

Abasio 06-02-2007 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaksokuDa (Post 143062)
But it's not the same level as J-League, J-League is lower, since it's mainly made up of Japanese and a few Brazilians here and there, while the SPL has all sorts in it.

On overall play, I'd say Nakata was the better player (in their primes), but Nakamura is more skillful and his freekicks are on par with Mr. Beckham's. :D

Looking forward to the Peace Cup, S-Pulse are playing, teams such as Reading, Bolton, River Plate, Udinese, Lyon and...BAH I'll just look it up...

Group A:
Bolton (England)
Udinese (Italy)

Group B:
Reading (England)
River Plate (Argentina)
Shimizu S-Pulse (Japan)
Lyon (France)

£1mill Prize money, if you want to know that in USD find out yourself coz I cant be frigged looking for ya.;)

Where & when is this being played?

Tordek42 06-02-2007 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abasio (Post 144741)
Where & when is this being played?

It's being played this July in South Korea.

chachava 06-02-2007 12:50 PM

Quote:

It ain't hard to adjust... it's roughly £1 = $2 so a nice ratio lol

McCulloch 06-21-2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Group A:
Bolton (England)
Udinese (Italy)

Group B:
Reading (England)
River Plate (Argentina)
Shimizu S-Pulse (Japan)
Lyon (France)

Narrow minded people the SPL isn't crap over the years the scottish league has produced some of the most successful players to ever play in the premiership Kenny Daglish, Grahame Souness, Charlie Nichlos & more aswell as the most succesful british Manager and everytime Celtic have played english opposition they have held their own and more whethere's its a friendly or in europe only a few seasons ago Celtic were in the final of the uefa cup so they are obviously a european force. i know their is not strength in depth but it is not a crap league the Cyprus league is a crap league.

McCulloch 06-21-2007 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaksokuDa (Post 158580)
I don't see any great players from the present in your list. :rolleyes:
Scottish league is crap =\ Euorpean Force? Maybe what...50 years ago, not now. European force = Portugal, Spain, England, Italy, Germany..and maybe even France, but not Scotland.

Also, Scotland has 2 teams..Rangers - Celtic, Hearts are OK and are getting better as are others, but Scottish League is poor. Lacks depth in decent teams.

As i said narrow minded 2 teams pffft you are obviously a football noob as i said Celtic Uefa Cup Final few years ago hardly fifty years back and i did admit to lack of depth in decent teams. but the fact is the leagues of which you claim are a european force have like 10 times the population of Scotland which explain why they have more stronger teams because they have more larger populated cities. But Scotland's best team can do more than hold their own against any major team from any other european country this was proved in the matches between Celtic and Milan and Celtic vs Man u

McCulloch 06-21-2007 11:17 PM

Sorry to go off topic here anyway people. cant help getting into a dispute especially when people have no respect :p Shunsuke Nakamura is by far the best Japanese footballer at the moment.

Maku 06-22-2007 12:38 AM

As much as this has derailed, I'm just going to say: Scottish football is boring, there's only ever two teams in it at best. Basically, the title is settled at about Christmas time.

That's quite clear and I don't even follow football let alone Scottish leagues.

McCulloch 06-22-2007 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaksokuDa (Post 158672)
Hah, you're obviously a noob, coz the people who think population decides matches are wrong. Doesn't that mean China and India should be the 2 best teams?

Portugal (10 million), Netherlands (around 16 mill?), are both huge world class teams and have a small population. Even Sweden (10 mill) are better than Scotland, population is a factor to a certain extent, such as if you have a population of 20k, then you'd have to be very good. But blaming population is just a lame excuse for shit teams.

What has Scotland done that's great, recently? The only thing they do good in the last decade is their current Euro Q. Group results. And you got into 1998 World Cup some how, where you got beat in the first group stage, finishing bottom.

Wow, you won Uefa Cup, Middlesbrough got to the final the other year...does that make them European force? Wow, you got a few lucky results against Man Utd and Milan, Man Utd can lost to WestHam on the last day of the season, Milan also lose to teams worse off than themselves, doesn't mean those teams are better and it doesn't make them Premiership or Serie A beaters.

Fact is, Scottish football isn't as great as you think it is.
Also, I'd argue that Rangers have better fans. :D

Whatever mayne this is off topic and as i have said you are just a narrow minded fool and you said "Wow, you won the Uefa Cup" haha thats shows how much of a noob you are we lost in the final. And obviously population is a factor if you read ma whole post i had a valid reason why small population plays a part because less larger populated areas means less places were a successful team can be set up that is why it lacks competition but that does not mean the games are bad if you watched Hibs Vs Hearts yes they wont win the league but they still put on a good performance and a good match to watch. And i never said Scottish football is great some noob jus came along and called it crap because he is a disrespectful guy who cant look past the big teams that get all the money from T.V rights and sponserships so he jus assumes they play better football in fact Chelsea probably play the most boring football but their not crap. Yet again i have got drawn into this off topic dispute but your not man enough to say that you were harsh and disrespectful so i am not replying to you next time because you will jus try and make me retaliate by being even more annoying so.

Maku 06-22-2007 02:17 AM

Calling me a noob is pointless. I take no offence to anyone for attempting to lash out at me because I express my view on a sport I don't even follow.
I never planned on talking about the past.
What would be the point if I knew I was on about the recent years?
Question: why do you make assumptions about me when you don't even know what I was thinking?
Apparently I think the better teams are the ones with the better sponsorship deals...
Well, all I really have to say to you on that matter is that you don't quite understand the fact that I actually don't care in the slightest about sponsorship deals, the excitement of the gameplay, or anything else like that really.
I wasn't being disrespectful, I was being honest.
All you ever see is "OMG IT'S RANGERS VS CELTIC! OMG EITHER RANGERS OR CELTIC IS GOING TO WIN THIS SEASON!"

Grow up mate, don't take a game so seriously.
Quite frankly, I can cause offence if I really want to.

Not man enough? I think you saying you won't reply to me just had an adverse effect my son.

McCulloch 06-22-2007 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maku (Post 158871)
Calling me a noob is pointless. I take no offence to anyone for attempting to lash out at me because I express my view on a sport I don't even follow.
I never planned on talking about the past.
What would be the point if I knew I was on about the recent years?
Question: why do you make assumptions about me when you don't even know what I was thinking?
Apparently I think the better teams are the ones with the better sponsorship deals...
Well, all I really have to say to you on that matter is that you don't quite understand the fact that I actually don't care in the slightest about sponsorship deals, the excitement of the gameplay, or anything else like that really.
I wasn't being disrespectful, I was being honest.
All you ever see is "OMG IT'S RANGERS VS CELTIC! OMG EITHER RANGERS OR CELTIC IS GOING TO WIN THIS SEASON!"

Grow up mate, don't take a game so seriously.
Quite frankly, I can cause offence if I really want to.

Not man enough? I think you saying you won't reply to me just had an adverse effect my son.

Well quite obviously you are an idiot who does not even read the post i sent i wasn't even talking to you which is the reason im replying i qouted YaksokuDa incase you didn't notice so from my opinion you have jus made a fool out of yourself next time pay more attention is my advice to you. If you are from the uk then i would put it down to tiredness from your retaliation

Maku 06-22-2007 02:38 AM

Well perhaps if you stop calling people noobs and grow up a little everyone will be alot happier.
And please, correct your spelling.
Oh yes, and use some punctuation so people can actually understand what you're on about please.
Thankyou for reducing the fact that you are a moron.

McCulloch 06-22-2007 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maku (Post 158880)
Well perhaps if you stop calling people noobs and grow up a little everyone will be alot happier.
And please, correct your spelling.
Oh yes, and use some punctuation so people can actually understand what you're on about please.
Thankyou for reducing the fact that you are a moron.

why would every1 be a lot happier because some idiot is telling me to grow up which is hypocritical first of all you joined a dispute you know nothing about and made a remark i did not agree with because you really are in a noob position which you more or less admitted. So therefore you should just fuck off and i am sure my grammar is understandable and you cant be perfect with everything i could be dyslexic for all you know. So stop trying to be an internet thug by disputing things you know nothing about just for the sake of it on the internet you bellend.

Maku 06-22-2007 03:34 AM

Well, I see you're also being quite hypocritical by saying I'm trying to be 'an internet thug', blind insults are not my forte whereas you seem to be quite accustomed to it.
I see you're also quite vulgar.
I also see you can't think of any other offence than calling me a noob, and that's why I'm telling you to grow up - you're far too aggressive.
I guess you're just immature in general really.

I will derail no further, not for the sake of bowing out of an argument, but for the sake of the thread.

McCulloch 06-22-2007 03:59 AM

Nicely done i am immature in some ways so what its a good thing i see you are a bit stuck up and think you are better than but hey who gives a shit thats life

Suki 06-23-2007 10:18 AM

So you guys are talking about the European Leage in spite of it saying it's about Japanese sports, that's cool. ^^ I was looking for a thread like this one. :D

So *cough cough* you know that.. *coughhhh* actually, er.. Barça is gonna win the Champions this comming year, right? :rolleyes:

[you heard Herny's coming round? ^^]

MrCent 07-25-2007 12:36 PM

Shunsuke Nakamura.

kyo_9 07-25-2007 01:05 PM

takahara
he scored in the AFC

jamiemc60 09-10-2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YaksokuDa (Post 158993)
The only Scottish match i'd watch is Rangers v Celtic, I always want Rangers to win since a lot of Celtic fans are weird, you claim Scottish Football is a force in Europe yet your fans wave Irish Flags around at matches, Celtic shouldn't be allowed to play in the UK, ship yourself to Ireland, with all the other Fenians. (I'm athiest before you ask)

I've reported you for the use of the word 'fenian'.

I'd like to take the middle ground in this argument. Although I agree with McCulloch that Celtic and Rangers are European forces, I also agree with the racist that the Scottish league is poor. I travel to each and every Celtic game and find the standard of opposition to be terrible 50% of the time.
I don't, however, agree with his opinion that Celtic and Rangers are smaller clubs than their european counterparts. Infact, I'll refer back to the talk of the UEFA cup run in 2003, where Celtic reached the final to be narrowly defeated by a Porto side that would go on to lift the biggest trophy in the world the following year, as an indication as to the size of Celtic. 80-100,000 fans travelled to Seville to see Celtic for that one game. Most without a ticket, knowing they wouldn't get one, still travelled to support their team.

How many other clubs in the world could call upon that size of support?
Six? Seven maybe?
And they aren't your Arsenal or Chelsea. I'm talking real footballing establishments here. River Plate, Boca Juniors, Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus... How many more could call upon such a support?
And THAT, my friend, is what seperates the men from the boys.

And if it's financial terms you want to use to measure your point, Celtic and Rangers make more money than 15 of the premiershit's 20 clubs. Making one twentieth of what they make on TV revenue.

That, is success.
:vsign:

wezzo 11-18-2007 04:41 PM

Nakamura really good player i wish he play to ac milan next to pirlo :rheart:

Genkaku 12-04-2007 01:54 PM

Shunsuke Nakamura
Shinji Ono

vlady 12-04-2007 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wezzo (Post 299713)
Nakamura really good player i wish he play to ac milan next to pirlo :rheart:

Mate he was crap when he played in italy ,and he can`t get into Milan`s first them there midfield is star packed.

He is a mediocre player and is the best japanesse player around..football and japan don`t really mix:)

Genkaku 12-05-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vlady (Post 317660)
Mate he was crap when he played in italy ,and he can`t get into Milan`s first them there midfield is star packed.

He is a mediocre player and is the best japanesse player around..football and japan don`t really mix:)

Don't judge him on one game , if that was the case , C.Ronaldo wouldn't be as good as people think because he failed miserably against Milan in the semi final.

Milan are just a topside with no room for midfielders whatsoever because with Kaka , Seedorf , Pirlo and Gatusso around , you won't hesitate to play the ball quick before they come and get you.

vlady 12-05-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genkaku (Post 318110)
Don't judge him on one game , if that was the case , C.Ronaldo wouldn't be as good as people think because he failed miserably against Milan in the semi final.

Milan are just a topside with no room for midfielders whatsoever because with Kaka , Seedorf , Pirlo and Gatusso around , you won't hesitate to play the ball quick before they come and get you.

Im talking about when he played in italy for reginna 2002-2005 :rolleyes:,maybe i was little hard when i said crap,but a top player,nope.

archiee10 12-21-2007 11:27 AM

Any Gamba Osaka fans here?

sukidesu 12-21-2007 12:07 PM

I think the best one is Hide Nakata...he has gotten the scudetto too with AS Rome

kyo_9 12-21-2007 01:23 PM

best japanese football player gotta be shunsuke nakamura..
b4 this i might say hidetoshi nakata but since he had retired from football... :X
hey, have you heard any news about him?
he's kinda "sleep" after retired isn't he?
I wonder if he had thinked about becoming a coach..
:)

Youichi 02-07-2008 10:57 PM

Nakata was the obvious choice, but there are plenty great japanese football players like Nakamura who is the best active player in my book and the newcomer Matsui even though his lack of games in the national team he's been doing some nice work in Le Mans football club despite of the clubs porblems in the latest seasons

nakamura25 03-04-2008 04:39 PM

sorry to dig this up pretty old but i had to be a part of this...id say nakamura is...as you see by my sn..he's flat ouy amazing...only if he was younger he'd have a great chance to play somewhere else in europe..possibly england or some big italian...due to his previous stint in italy...but as age seems to be catching up to him...no big clubs seem very interested in offering a big contract...and only japanese clubs seem to want him back so he can finish his career off...

but yea he's i think the best dead ball specialist in the world...everyone says its becks still or even juninho...no its nakamura...his two goals against united were one his best highlights and he still seems to pull off amazing curves on set pieces...as you tell by his goal against st. mirren a couple of weeks back...magnificent goal btw...his dribbling skills are second to none on his team..one one challenging him is mcgeady and he's practically the best player in asia...only one to challenge him for that is park ji sung...but most people i think would say that its nakamura...

libreg 04-21-2008 06:58 PM

My favorite is probably Nakamura.

koaku 04-21-2008 11:26 PM

We only talk about Nakamura cuz he's in a big club (Celtic)but for me Dai. Matsui (Le Mans/ French League) is better for a Middfielder...and I totaly agree Nakata when he was playin' was a 10000x better than our actual Nakamura(
More decisive?)

SamuraiBlue 04-24-2008 03:36 AM

If you're speaking in terms of skill then probably Nakamura, but if your speaking about contribution to Japanese football then I would go with either King Kazu or Gon. Both of them heavily contributed to the development of Japanese football. If it weren't for those two then I doubt Nakamura would be where he was today. I still remember the 1992 Asian Cup. It was an absolute classic.

value1984 05-20-2008 10:51 PM

Hello! :ywave:
who is the best Japanese goalkeeper? I really appreciate Yoshi Kawaguchi, and in my opinion he has a great style.
Sorry for my question, but being a goalkeeper, I'm really interested in it!