JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
staafros2 (Offline)
New to JF

Baseball or soccer - 05-22-2014, 12:55 PM

Baseball or soccer, which is your favourite sport and why?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
05-23-2014, 11:40 PM

It depends.

Baseball has many rules and rather simple strategy compared with soccer.

Baseball is easy to enjoy (seeing) and soccer sometimes needs skills or insight to enjoy seeing the game.

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

05-25-2014, 02:41 AM

I prefer baseball. My father played in the minor leagues, and I played a lot when I was a kid. Here in Japan it is still the national sport, though soccer comes a bit closer each year. It seems that Japan's baseball players do better overseas than their soccer players, so that helps to keep baseball on top.

Since I have moved to Japan, I have been to a few baseball games here. I have been to the Tokyo Dome, Seibu Lions stadium, and the Marines stadium in Chiba. Japanese baseball is fast-paced and exciting compared to watching the game in America. The fans are quite serious, there is a lot of music and singing, and the teams have cheerleaders, which is something American games don't have.

Japanese soccer games are almost as noisy as the baseball games. Personally, I get a little tired of the team songs and noise, I prefer just to watch the games.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
RadioKid (Offline)
Native Japanese

Send a message via Yahoo to RadioKid
03-26-2023, 01:45 AM

You already know the news of WBC. Do you know the team manager KURIYAMA actually mede the great two way player "OHTANI, SHOHEI"?

When OHTANI graduated high school, he has choice between MLB and NPB (Nippon professional Baxwball). If he went directly MLB then, he could be commonplace player but not super star.

KURIYAMA persuaded OHTANI stay in Japan and make his body stronger, to make great two way player.

This movie follows OHTANI from his high school days. I'm sorry it's only in Japanese.

Language makes Culture and Culture makes Language.

Links to Japan forum Tips :
1) How to remove spam massages on you screen
2) How to post Youtube movies or Pictures

... and
Ask professional translator for your business work. You can not get useful business resources for free.