JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
typesblur (Offline)
Designated Distraction

D1GP JGTC anyone? - 10-11-2007, 08:17 PM

who hear watches the D1GP (drifting grand prix) or JGTC (japanese gran turismo circuit). what are your opinions about them?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
ichibahn4 (Offline)
New to JF

10-29-2007, 06:54 AM

i watch video option and drift tengoku ect on youtube and download some on p2p clients..i drive an s13 so im pretty big into the drift scene..dont watch to much jgtc but thats because i dont have any good channels lol..wbu?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Cyclamen (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Cyclamen
10-29-2007, 11:42 AM

I watch D1 in Japan. Outside of Japan, it's very difficult to see these events, so I have to rely on p2p and youtube... as for Japanese Gran Turismo, it's very interesting, but I've seen only a few races.
Besides, I love motorsports and japanese cars! At the moment, I'm thinking about changing my car, and I would like to buy a japanese import (Honda s2000, mitsubishi gto or r33/r32 skyline), but they're very hard to find here in Europe. If I don't find them, I'll buy an RX8, the sexiest car in the world
(#4 (permalink))
Old
jdmgc8 (Offline)
New to JF

10-29-2007, 06:19 PM

Man I love D1, watch it on g4, but i was into the sport back when i did i study abroad in japan in 98. I also love rally circuit. I drive a 2.5rs subaru impreza (gc8) with slight mods. I am actually hoping that one day i can take a course some were on the east coast and maybe enter in a amateur rally time trial
(#5 (permalink))
Old
typesblur (Offline)
Designated Distraction

10-29-2007, 07:16 PM

awsome guys. anyone as mad as me that nomura (bnr32) doesnt have a shot at 1st place? i know i am.

as great as it would be to get a full JDM car over here to america, i dont think its going to happen anytime soon for me. i have to invest alot of money in the near future but hopefully that money will be well spent and i will buy an evo 5 further down the line. that is after i finish my rb26dett swap into my datsun 240z

the heart and soul of my life
(#6 (permalink))
Old
ichibahn4 (Offline)
New to JF

10-30-2007, 05:53 AM

rb26 in the 240z should be pretty tasty, when you expect to have that done? a buddy of mine has a gc8 as well, nice cars..
(#7 (permalink))
Old
typesblur (Offline)
Designated Distraction

10-30-2007, 07:25 AM

hopefully in the next year or so. all depends on my money flux

the heart and soul of my life
(#8 (permalink))
Old
theholty (Offline)
New to JF

12-03-2007, 03:51 PM

I used to follow D1 a lot from 2001-2004 but kinda got bored of all the politics and stuff.

I still don't mind D1 street legal as I think you get a better mix of different cars and drivers, not just the same half-dozen names on the podium all the time.

You guys should check out MSC, its like D1 but with a nice mix of cars, lots of older stuff like JZX81 chasers, KE70 corollas etc. and team drifting

btw, nomura drives an R34Gtt Skyline, not a BNR32 (which is the chassis code of a Skyline R32 GTR)