JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Saegi010 (Offline)
New to JF

Freestyle Martial arts - 11-16-2007, 03:11 AM

i cnat really say I praction any specific martial art. but I can say i praction martial arts. I kinda do the whole Muay Thai and judo thing with a little Ju Jitsu mixed in. You know a mix match of arts combined into a style taht fits me. And i was wondering does anyone else do this. or am i the only free style mixed martail artist?

Life has its own beat. Learn to dance to it even when its not comfortable. You learn by doing and seeing, not just by hearing. You must act to do, you must, move to feel.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kokunin (Offline)
POwer of the tongue

Send a message via MSN to kokunin Send a message via Yahoo to kokunin
11-16-2007, 05:37 PM

lol free style...

"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven."
-God

good night...
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Saegi010 (Offline)
New to JF

11-17-2007, 08:25 PM

Yeah, kinda have no chioce. The only martial arts taught around my area are kung fu and Karate. Nothin of any interst to me.

Life has its own beat. Learn to dance to it even when its not comfortable. You learn by doing and seeing, not just by hearing. You must act to do, you must, move to feel.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
odonata (Offline)
Roboto

11-17-2007, 09:07 PM

I work a system of target points on the opponent, I use skill and judgment to perform strikes on these points and also to open these points for attack.
I use distraction, attacking and defensive postures, environment and command to create the best advantage for me to walk away unharmed and any opponent to be neutralised.

I have had the misfortune to grow up in a world where smacking some kid in the mouth in the playground earned respect. bear in mind that I was a slow grower and was among the smallest in my year. For my early fighting I recieved the slipper (smack on the bum with a dunlop training shoe x 5 or 10) and also had the cane (bamboo lashes on bum x 5 or 10).

So as an adult I have only small issues with escalating a situation to the point that I may have to react in a physical way.
For instance, I was on my way too work passing through Soho London. I saw two guys harassing a girl and people were just walking past ignoring it.
I stepped up and told the guys to leave the girl alone or I would have to call the police. I pulled out my phone and stood there watching the harrasment prepared too make a call, but also ready to kick off if needed. I totally dominated the situation and forced some other male passers by to help me move the guys away.

I just know that one day some fool will pull a gun on me. Then it is pure psych for a life or death outcome.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
11-19-2007, 01:54 PM

lol for a second I thought you meant doing martial arts while perfoming a back flip on a motorbike xDDD

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Hyakushi (Offline)
Ikaga desu ka!?

11-19-2007, 05:20 PM

I thought everyone did free style martial arts but I do that too, mainly though when I fight I just use what ever move will strike the opponent. I hate sparring matches and tournaments, its all about points .

I'm not racist . . . I hate everyone equally.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
DEATHPANDA (Offline)
JF Regular

11-20-2007, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saegi010 View Post
i cnat really say I praction any specific martial art. but I can say i praction martial arts. I kinda do the whole Muay Thai and judo thing with a little Ju Jitsu mixed in. You know a mix match of arts combined into a style taht fits me. And i was wondering does anyone else do this. or am i the only free style mixed martail artist?
Well... I do freestyle nunchaku which is basically mixing and thinking of moves as you go along..
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Nadea (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Nadea
hmm - 12-24-2007, 09:09 PM

hmm i sometimes mix Taijutsu and Kungfu with eachother. I do that when i fight with my uncle, he is denmarks second best in kickboxning, so he is my sparring partner...
and i also use ''cat method'' (thats what i call it when u use your claws, and jumps that reminds of a cats, i know it sounds craizy but it works for me)

Love Can Be Good And Wanted, But The People Never Thinks What Pain It Can Bring...