JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   Game Cheats (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/10056-game-cheats.html)

Rogozhin 11-27-2007 11:46 PM

Game Cheats

I was talking to one of my co-workers today about videogames and he mentioned how he uses cheats to get everything in games straight away. I commented how there mustn't be such a great sense of accomplishment then and he disagreed somewhat curtly ("Says you!"). It's obvious that there would be a very minute sense of accomplishment when there is in fact very little accomplishing going on (unless you can delude yourself into thinking it was all a product of your hard work), but this exchange this morning made me ponder about game cheats in general.

I can't help but feel cheats defeat the purpose of a game, but perhaps I am wrong, maybe the purpose of a game is to enjoy it and if taking shortcuts enhances its entertainment value, then why not? I am guilty of accessing walkthoughs but only after I've attempted everything on my own w/o help.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on game cheats?

Powermad147 11-27-2007 11:53 PM

...Game cheats rule :D (normally I'd say more, but...well...thats pretty much it >_<)

Rukisama 11-28-2007 12:27 AM

I use game cheats but not all the time. Game cheats may help but i like to take the hard road^_^

LightYagami973 11-28-2007 12:35 AM

it depends o.o like in grand theft auto cheats are really fun o.o but it some games such as (cant think of one right now) there just eh makes you feel special for a bit but it doesnt last :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear:

Rukisama 11-28-2007 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightYagami973 (Post 311357)
it depends o.o like in grand theft auto cheats are really fun o.o but it some games such as (cant think of one right now) there just eh makes you feel special for a bit but it doesnt last :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear:

like FFX-X2,Kingdom Hearts 1&2, Gears of war,.hack//Sign, .hack//GU Vol.1-3,ect..i can keep this up lol

LightYagami973 11-28-2007 12:49 AM

gah i cant get past rain and cloud in g.u 2! :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear:

Powermad147 11-28-2007 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightYagami973 (Post 311379)
gah i cant get past rain and cloud in g.u 2! :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear:

Rain and Cloud?...Don't remember those -_-" We're talking .Hack//G.U. vol. 2, right? hmmm...>_< (Btw, concerning your username...L SHALL PREVAIL!! XP)

Shiningmonkey 11-28-2007 01:14 AM

I usually only use cheats after I beat the game or create a seperate file to fool around on with the fun cheats.

LightYagami973 11-28-2007 01:22 AM

(L did not prevail =P) yeah vol 2 the like big white and black monster thingie that forms to one >.> :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear: :smokingbear:

Powermad147 11-28-2007 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightYagami973 (Post 311460)
(L did not prevail =P) yeah vol 2 the like big white and black monster thingie that forms to one >.>

Just lvl up some more ^_^ And your wrong!!!...L won, you just don't know it :D