JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#261 (permalink))
Old
VampiraDuchessa (Offline)
New to JF

10-23-2008, 03:07 AM

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness for DS.
I got it for my b-day in July, beat it in August (or September...) and started a new game last week. Currently having trouble beating Wigglytuff and the guild members >_< (Yet, I beat Dusknoir, AND Dialga easily...)
(#262 (permalink))
Old
YoruKage (Offline)
Cyber Cafe Employee

10-23-2008, 03:16 AM

a few right now, depending on my mood
PS2: KH1 or KH2, Disgaea
Nintendo DS: LoZ: Phantom Hourglass, Pokemon Diamond version, Animal Crossing: Wide World

I'd rather be an idiot having fun than a genius bored out of his mind.
(#263 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

10-23-2008, 03:17 AM

PS3: Silent Hill Homecoming.
Wii: Okami.
PSP: Guilty Gear Judgment.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#264 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

10-24-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrikosRandomStalker View Post
and also, i'm playing ffxi and rockband 2 and sonic chronicles
You call FFX-2 bad and play FFXI?

Play a real MMO FFXI is the worst MMO I've played in my life!

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#265 (permalink))
Old
UrikosRandomStalker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-24-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post
You call FFX-2 bad and play FFXI?

Play a real MMO FFXI is the worst MMO I've played in my life!
it's a shame to hear you say that oku

in case uriko hasn't told you yet, i play ffxi

EDIT: lol. i can't think. didn't see the part where you quoted me. it's 4:22 AM for a reason

EDIT 2: i guess i should add in here that i'm playing star ocean on the psp now also

Last edited by UrikosRandomStalker : 10-24-2008 at 09:23 AM.
(#266 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

10-24-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
it's a shame to hear you say that oku

in case uriko hasn't told you yet, i play ffxi

EDIT: lol. i can't think. didn't see the part where you quoted me. it's 4:22 AM for a reason

EDIT 2: i guess i should add in here that i'm playing star ocean on the psp now also

Haha. I played FFXI, and deary me, it was nothing I expected. IT was a good and fun class system, but everything else...was so... weird.

(#267 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

10-24-2008, 09:32 AM

in all honesty, you can't play ffxi and expect it to be fun right away all alone. the entire basis of all ff games are parties and going through stuff with people. there are some parts in the game that would seem imposible for a new person to know what to do w/o some sort of guide, weather it be a book, online, or another person.

one of my theories is that most of the new people that quit, started their home nation in windurst >_>
(#268 (permalink))
Old
rachusoz (Offline)
New to JF

Location: I live in Tasmania. The tiny state under Australia.
10-24-2008, 09:48 AM

Well I just finished playing FFVII: DoC, that was good. But, unfortunately I suck at shooting games, so it was a struggle to stay alive.
Now I'm havin a try at Okami, but I just started. It's smashing!

Fantasy is a dangerous place...You hang around with a vampire too long, and you might just get drunk
(#269 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

10-24-2008, 09:51 AM

good old ps2
(#270 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

10-24-2008, 09:56 AM

Quote:
in all honesty, you can't play ffxi and expect it to be fun right away all alone. the entire basis of all ff games are parties and going through stuff with people. there are some parts in the game that would seem imposible for a new person to know what to do w/o some sort of guide, weather it be a book, online, or another person.

one of my theories is that most of the new people that quit, started their home nation in windurst >_>
I had 3 other people with me. One who had a higher lvl who guided us, and two new people.

What I'm talking about, is that you can't tell what exact level the mobs are. You don't know WHO gives you quests, because you have to randomly run round a city and talk to all the people, lest the little kid hiding in the corner might give you a quest. You don't know if a mob is linked with another mob, you have to learn them ALL off by heart. You don't know if a mob is passive or if it's hostile, you have to learn all by heart.

And to use moves, you have to either go onto your menu bar and use them like that, or make macros. I mean, why was it so hard to make the macro already and assign it to a button in the first place?

Like I said, I heard that the party and the class system was amazing. and I REALLY wanted to try it to the best. But I got bored of everything else.

It's nothing special. MY friend's excuse to this was "You're just used to easy to play games like WoW. You're not used to hard games like FFXI"

It's not hard, just ridiculously necessary to lay out a game where the player not only has to grind like in all other MMO's, but where he has to learn EVERY tiny detail.

Not to mention, I got to lvl 21, and still left it. So I did not leave it before fully trying to experience it.