JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Amon (Offline)
New to JF

12-15-2006, 09:11 PM

Did I miss something last time I tried to play super mario rpg? Its horrible! Granted I only played the 1st ten minutes but my god, what a terrible game.
Same goes for Kingdom Hearts 2. The first one is fairly good, not brilliant, but the 2nd is just the same game, with a horrific and pointless first few hours (anyone whos played it will understand), hollow story, and (to all who disagree) THE worst level design I have seen in quite some time. Its just a series of small open arenas that enemies appear in and you hit X until you win.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Harima_Hario (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Harima_Hario
12-16-2006, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon View Post
Did I miss something last time I tried to play super mario rpg? Its horrible! Granted I only played the 1st ten minutes but my god, what a terrible game.
Same goes for Kingdom Hearts 2. The first one is fairly good, not brilliant, but the 2nd is just the same game, with a horrific and pointless first few hours (anyone whos played it will understand), hollow story, and (to all who disagree) THE worst level design I have seen in quite some time. Its just a series of small open arenas that enemies appear in and you hit X until you win.
i think you totally missed something on both games there.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

12-16-2006, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon View Post
ok il try and stay calm here, WTH how could you diss kingdom hearts 2 its one of the best games this year, if you diliked it you missed out on a great game

(#24 (permalink))
Old
Harima_Hario (Offline)
New to JF

12-16-2006, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riku8 View Post
ok il try and stay calm here, WTH how could you diss kingdom hearts 2 its one of the best games this year, if you diliked it you missed out on a great game
its far from one of the best games of the year. i would give it a 7 out of 10 if i was reviewing it. but its not a shallow and souless game like Amon the devilman makes out. When i was playing it i was experiencing some crappy level design, some of the worlds were incredibly shallow (pirates of the caribbean) and some were even basic rehashes from the first game. What made it a good game though, was the excellent action battle system, hi-quality story and beautiful level design (tron). It does have its problems like most games but its good game overall.

If there was going to be a game of the year, i would have listed it here but its not strictly an rpg more like an adventure game in the same veign as Zelda. Which would be Okami, i had a pleasure playing it from start to finish and everything was incredibly polished and beautiful. Nothing ive played so far this year has come close, well apart from Twilight Princess but im no-where near finishing that yet.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

12-16-2006, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harima_Hario View Post
its far from one of the best games of the year. i would give it a 7 out of 10 if i was reviewing it. but its not a shallow and souless game like Amon the devilman makes out. When i was playing it i was experiencing some crappy level design, some of the worlds were incredibly shallow (pirates of the caribbean) and some were even basic rehashes from the first game. What made it a good game though, was the excellent action battle system, hi-quality story and beautiful level design (tron). It does have its problems like most games but its good game overall.

If there was going to be a game of the year, i would have listed it here but its not strictly an rpg more like an adventure game in the same veign as Zelda. Which would be Okami, i had a pleasure playing it from start to finish and everything was incredibly polished and beautiful. Nothing ive played so far this year has come close, well apart from Twilight Princess but im no-where near finishing that yet.
never heard of Okami what consel is it on i might try it, and yea twilight princess rocks...wish i had a Wii

(#26 (permalink))
Old
Harima_Hario (Offline)
New to JF

12-16-2006, 12:04 PM

its on the ps2, its only out in america at the moment. suppose to be hitting here january/febuary. made by capcom's recently closed down studio clover who also made viewtiful joe.

Okami - US Trailer
YouTube - Okami Trailer
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

12-16-2006, 12:16 PM

it looks realy good, i think ive seen a trailer of this already... the graphics remind me of zelda wind waker, which il add is my favourite game on the basis of graphics, in fact its one of my favourite games if not number one

(#28 (permalink))
Old
Harima_Hario (Offline)
New to JF

12-16-2006, 12:20 PM

check it out when it comes out. the music is wonderfully beautiful and the art is astounding aswell, i loved them so much i purchased the artbook and soundtrack.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Riku8 (Offline)
C.E.L.L

12-16-2006, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harima_Hario View Post
check it out when it comes out. the music is wonderfully beautiful and the art is astounding aswell, i loved them so much i purchased the artbook and soundtrack.
i do that alot, game soundtracks rock

(#30 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

12-17-2006, 10:27 PM

Some RPGs I recommend:

Skies of Arcadia

Grandia II and III. ( they are both great.)

Legend of Dragoon (PS1 but an awesomely great game.)

and Xenogears. (this PS1 game is unbelieveable.) I my opinion Xenosaga is a cheap rip of the original PS1 game.