JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LovelessButterfly (Offline)
New to JF

Location: The place that I live sucks, and I can't wait to get out of here.
Exclamation Loveless posters in FFVII? - 02-05-2008, 10:42 PM

You know all of those LOVELESS posters that were all around the city in FFVII. Did you ever wonder what they were? (Or was it just me?) LOVELESS posters have also been sighted in Dirge of Cerberus in Edge during Chapter 3. Even seen in Advent Children, Well anyway this explains wtf the were.

"LOVELESS is a book of poems in the world of Final Fantasy VII , and has made several cameo appearances in the Compilation. The book talks about the "Gift of the Goddess", and 3 men who would try to obtain this 'gift', and since the release of Crisis Core, the Goddess has been thought to have been Minerva . On the posters and billboards, there has always been a female figure who seems to be the same woman, and has the words under her: "Open 6/25 6:00", and "18:00"... (and it goes on to say)... LOVELESS has more of an impact in Crisis Core, as Genesis Rhapsodos recites quotes from the book during each encounter Zack has with him. We learn that the book has a theme which carries on throughout Crisis Core known as the "Gift of the Goddess", which Genesis often quotes. These "Gifts" to Genesis were Jenova Cells to halt his deterioration, and the Banola Apple which was meant to have a rich taste to it. More of LOVELESS is engraved upon stone tablets within the cave in Banola Village..."

If you want to read more on LOVELESS go to
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/LOVELESS

If you want to read more on Genesis go to
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Genesis

( REFERENCE: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/LOVELESS )

"There was no reason for me to stay in the real world any longer. In the real world, it didn't matter if I was there or not. When I realized that, I was no longer afraid of losing my body. If you aren't remembered, then you never existed."
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

02-05-2008, 11:40 PM

Hey there LovelessButterfly! Thanx a lot for that. I have always wondered what it was. In FFVII the game, Cid Highwind, said that it was a stage play that he had wanted to see. I'm not sure if he said he saw it, but I know it was talked about.

Never knew it was a book of poems. That is cool.

Here is a shot of the poster from the game, for those of you who have no idea what it is:

(#3 (permalink))
Old
LovelessButterfly (Offline)
New to JF

Location: The place that I live sucks, and I can't wait to get out of here.
02-05-2008, 11:53 PM

Funny you should mention that Kanji! Because Cid asks Cloud if he has seen LOVELESS. If you reply "No", then Cid will tell you that he went and watched a play about LOVELESS, and even begins to recite some of the lines that he heard. There were also rumours that you could go and see a LOVELESS play, but this has not been proven correct.

"There was no reason for me to stay in the real world any longer. In the real world, it didn't matter if I was there or not. When I realized that, I was no longer afraid of losing my body. If you aren't remembered, then you never existed."
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

02-05-2008, 11:57 PM

Yes, I highly doubt it, I tore that game apart time and time again, I got all the special items, and hidden secrets, and I never found a place to see LOVELESS. The only plays that are available are at the Gold Saucer, and you are in it.

The only items I never got were all of those mini Shin-Ra SOLDIER statues that you find. It says that there is like 12 in the set, but I never found any more then a couple in random locations around the Junon Plate.

Well, thanx for linking the site, can't wait to see Crisis Core.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Oni (Offline)
<3

Send a message via AIM to Oni Send a message via Yahoo to Oni
02-15-2008, 01:35 AM

I've noticed the LOVELESS posters everywhere in Midgar, but I've never really paid them much attantion... maybe I should!

A Sonozaki at her finest (links may be spoilers):

http://higurashiualuealuealeuale.ytmnd.com/
http://higurashicowbell.ytmnd.com/

Aishite mo ii kai?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
SeeD (Offline)
poke me i dare you

Send a message via MSN to SeeD
02-15-2008, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post

The only items I never got were all of those mini Shin-Ra SOLDIER statues that you find. It says that there is like 12 in the set, but I never found any more then a couple in random locations around the Junon Plate.
i have over 50.. :] u could win them at the rollercoaster thing in gold saucer as a prize

you dont need eyes to see, you need vision

Family:
My personnal puppet master - Suki
Brother - Thunda, pandayanyan
Little Sisters - Hoshichan, Ayame90, cassiechan, QuoyaNatsume, MusicLuver, Sachiko
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tsuzuki (Offline)
冷血の私生児

Send a message via ICQ to Tsuzuki Send a message via MSN to Tsuzuki Send a message via Yahoo to Tsuzuki Send a message via Skype™ to Tsuzuki
02-20-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeD View Post
i have over 50.. :] u could win them at the rollercoaster thing in gold saucer as a prize
ô.o wow -.-""" *sigh* really?! °° ok I will try it ^^""" <.<"

ギャー(*0*((◎—————ー(°°; ) スッポヌケ〜
✿ あなた だけ が みれば いい... 狂気と真実は紙一重 ✿

そして坊やは眠りについて 息衝く灰の中の炎ひとつ、ふたつと 浮かぶふくらみ愛しい横顔 大地に垂るる幾千の夢、夢 銀の瞳のゆら(◕‿‿◕ )
It's a thin line between genius and stupidity. Once you cross it there is no going back!! Luckily I have tippex and a pen so I can just redraw it where I like!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA =_=

†♫†