JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
PS3 Region help - 02-20-2008, 11:01 PM

I'm buying the X JAPAN 1993 live box set, http://www.japanforum.com/forum/newt...newthread&f=21 , but it's region 2, how can I play this on my 20 gb U.S. PS3?

I have a 160 gb prtable harddive, I have the Last Live ripped to it...
So, if the above is not possible, is there anyway I could rip/convert it on my computer for play on the PS3?

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

02-21-2008, 12:36 AM

No you can't.

North American PS3s can only play DVD Region 1 discs.

You won't have a problem importing asian blu-ray's though. Japan and North America share a Blu-Ray Region A.

Slysoft has several programs that can rip DVDs regardless of region coding and convert them into various formats the PS3 can understand (MP4 as an example). You can either buy or pirate the program. There's also programs out there that can just play DVDs regardless of region. I don't believe DVD-ROM drives are region coded, only stand alone players/Game consoles.

So yea, either ripping software, or DVD playback software can let you watch it.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.

Last edited by Tyrien : 02-21-2008 at 12:39 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

02-21-2008, 01:22 AM

I know you can't play them, I was tlaking more so of hacking the system....
So, i could use any dvd ripper to do it? cause I have a cracked version of "ImToo" I've used for a while, i just assumed that it wouldn't work on Region 2 DVD's...

my cousin downloaded a demo of an AC/DC concert, and it said it was coming to Blu-Ray...
I was like.... How come X JAPAN concerts aren't being released on blu-ray!!??

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

02-21-2008, 02:24 AM

The only way you could "hack" the system is to install a version of Linux, then install software to play the DVD. There aren't really any mod chips for the PS3 out yet, even if there was I'd say it's pointless and there's easier ways to get it done. Modding it would void your warranty, and possibly get the system banned from PSN.

If you can rip it then you can play it fine. Video files do not have region coding.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

02-21-2008, 02:29 AM

I downloaded anyDVD 6.3.1.5
it says it can remove the Region Code (ROC) from the DVD....
Does that mean I could watch the movie on my PS3 after I do that?

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

02-21-2008, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER View Post
I downloaded anyDVD 6.3.1.5
it says it can remove the Region Code (ROC) from the DVD....
Does that mean I could watch the movie on my PS3 after I do that?
Yup.

As long as the movie is formated in Mpeg-4, DivX, or WMV. You can play AVIs cut you'd need to set up a media server on your PC (Like TVersity) and stream it to your PS3.

Friend of mine has it set up this way with his. I've been meaning to do it but haven't gotten around to it quite yet.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
(#7 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

02-21-2008, 03:03 PM

alrighty, thanX....