JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
auran (Offline)
< J Rocker :3

Send a message via ICQ to auran Send a message via AIM to auran Send a message via Yahoo to auran Send a message via Skype™ to auran
Nintendo DS - 03-11-2008, 10:14 PM

i have had my ds since christmas
ever since ive had it i couldnt understand wut everything means
for example-wut is a friend code?could u please explain.
thx for any help

The Otakus Crew!!
Join the Otakus Forum
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-11-2008, 11:22 PM

DS or Wii?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
auran (Offline)
< J Rocker :3

Send a message via ICQ to auran Send a message via AIM to auran Send a message via Yahoo to auran Send a message via Skype™ to auran
03-11-2008, 11:29 PM

My ds is not working i dont know how to use the wi fi or anything like that

The Otakus Crew!!
Join the Otakus Forum
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

Send a message via Skype™ to Kai13
03-12-2008, 07:35 AM

I also have a DS and a Wii (2, actually), and I never used my Wifi conector, I can't, dunno why, i can't detect my IP adress

I want so badly to play Pokemon and Metroid online, whe I get that working I shall buy moro Wifi connection available games to play against all of you.

Freind codes are codes which come with every Nintendo game that is able to play with wifi, so, if you want to play against any of us, you'll have to give us your friend codes. Is kinda like MSN.

自分のブログ!
見てみてください。
(#5 (permalink))
Old
nakamura25 (Offline)
ohaiyo gozaimasu!

Send a message via AIM to nakamura25 Send a message via Yahoo to nakamura25
03-21-2008, 02:12 PM

friend codes are basically what people with ps3 online or xbox live is...their xbox live name...thats basically what a friend code...you make a list of all your friends and play them in all sorts of games...

and i think the easiest way for you to get your ds wifi working is to get close to a router or something with internet and test the connection....it should detect the internet connection and where its coming from..it should be strong...and the ds should automatically set up the basics (what youre getting the signal from) you do everything else...though i dont mess with it..as long i get a connection..thats fine with me..

after that it should work..

parkhead responds the only way parkhead can...with wonderful free kick from...i'll let you figure that one out
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-21-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamura25 View Post
friend codes are basically what people with ps3 online or xbox live is...their xbox live name...thats basically what a friend code...you make a list of all your friends and play them in all sorts of games...

and i think the easiest way for you to get your ds wifi working is to get close to a router or something with internet and test the connection....it should detect the internet connection and where its coming from..it should be strong...and the ds should automatically set up the basics (what youre getting the signal from) you do everything else...though i dont mess with it..as long i get a connection..thats fine with me..

after that it should work..
True. However friend codes (at least to my understanding) are something unique to the hardware and not generated as an online ID. Like a MAC address.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

03-21-2008, 04:29 PM

Apparently you can get chip cards on the DS,which can store up to 10 games.

Thats handy. XD

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

03-22-2008, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post

Thats handy. XD
I thought the DS already accepted either... SD cards or Memory Stick Duos? The system was just limited to recognizing a certain size.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
nakamura25 (Offline)
ohaiyo gozaimasu!

Send a message via AIM to nakamura25 Send a message via Yahoo to nakamura25
03-24-2008, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xYinniex View Post

Thats handy. XD
you can but those are illegal though...you can get busted big time for getting those..my brother's friend had one...he got the chip for $250 alone and then he got the small memory chip to store his games for a more heftier price...not sure if its worth the buy...but it does take the stress away of changing games...

parkhead responds the only way parkhead can...with wonderful free kick from...i'll let you figure that one out
(#10 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

03-24-2008, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakamura25 View Post
you can but those are illegal though...you can get busted big time for getting those..my brother's friend had one...he got the chip for $250 alone and then he got the small memory chip to store his games for a more heftier price...not sure if its worth the buy...but it does take the stress away of changing games...
LOL, you can buy them from any electronics store in hongkong for like under £25 and they store 7 games fro you on the spot for free.

But thne again HK has a pretty big black market.
It's nifty though, you can change the background of your ds screen when choosing your games.

My cousins have them
I mightg buy some this summer.
I'll update you on them when i do.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"