JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
Assembly Models - 03-21-2008, 12:00 PM

Admittedly, I don't have much personal experience in this field, yet I'm steadily gaining (or rebuilding) an interest in these modelling kits. ^^ One of my ex-classmates has taken up assembling; structuring gundam models, from various assortments of components designed to fit as parts of the models, if orchestrated correctly.

If my memory serves me right, there used to be other sorts of models, as well - namely Tamiya's, Beyblades, Zoids, Yoyo's (maybe ), etc.

I'm hoping to trigger an expert's, or experts' insights into this particular topic.

There are loads of pictures of the models here, but most of the texts are in Japanese.
http://www.dalong.net/

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 03-21-2008 at 12:13 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

03-31-2008, 04:53 AM

Lol, yoyo assembly models do exist; just as I thought.

Quote:
Yo-Yo Kit

This is a wooden assembly kit for school clubs, arts and crafts courses, shop classes, or individuals. The kit consists of pre-cut hardwood halves and axles, suitable for gluing and assembly into a one-piece yo-yo. Carve it, paint it, write your name on it, this can be personalized to your own satisfaction. Each kit will produce 25 yo-yos. String is included; glue is required and not included. (Any wood glue will suffice.)
YoYoGuy.com: Yo-Yo > Arts and Crafts Yo-yos > Yo-Yo Kit

I just gotta say black saber was one of my favourites. Speedy car that one.

I totally wanna join this contest xD Remote controlled race cars allow for spot-on precisions and eliminates external influences - like luck.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 03-31-2008 at 05:02 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

03-31-2008, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Tamiya Incorporated (株式会社タミヤ, Kabushiki gaisha Tamiya?) is a Japanese manufacturer of plastic model kits, radio controlled cars, battery- and solar-powered educational models, sailboat models, acrylic and enamel model paints, and various modeling tools and supplies. The company was founded by Yoshio Tamiya in Shizuoka, Japan in 1946 . The company has gained a reputation among hobbyists of producing models of outstanding quality and accurate scale detail, a philosophy reflected directly on the company's logo "First in Quality Around the World" as well as winning on a regular basis each year, the prestigious Modell des Jahres (Model of the Year) award, hosted by the German magazine Model Fan.
Evidently, the company lives up to its name. I guess it doesn't just produce race car models eh?

MAKE: Blog: MAKE @ Japan's Tamiya fair!

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
03-31-2008, 02:36 PM

OH! those are awesome. I've heard about the kits for gundam, but I've never actually seen any. The closest to modeling anything was a ford model T which took me a whole month afterschool to do. I kept getting glue on my fingers. ^_^

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0
(#5 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

04-01-2008, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slykaz1 View Post
OH! those are awesome. I've heard about the kits for gundam, but I've never actually seen any. The closest to modeling anything was a ford model T which took me a whole month afterschool to do. I kept getting glue on my fingers. ^_^
O.o lol, but you still managed to complete it, yeah? xD

I prefer those kinda latching/screwing/lodging mechanics of assembly. I find it conveniently easy and favorable. ( i hate glue too ^_^; )

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Slykaz1 (Offline)
Tengoku!

Send a message via MSN to Slykaz1 Send a message via Yahoo to Slykaz1
04-01-2008, 02:32 PM

Yep...I managed , but it took my sister a few minutes to destroy it. It only lived for a few days.

Wish I knew where I can get my hands on one of those gundam kits, besides on the internet.

Property of Eiri & Pexster
Virtual Boyfriend...Hyakushi in *Indian suit*

Eiri - 41 : Rojjin -43 : Sly - 121 : Yuna7780 - 57 : reihino - 14 : Crani - 22 : Ramones1976 - 0 : AnimeBaby112 - 3 : Arikado - 1 : KikiBunny23 - 3 : Pexter -0