JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to animelover32
04-08-2008, 08:38 PM

I want a Ps3 but don't have the money for one yet. Even though Final Fantasy XIII/Verses is going to be on the Ps3,I still plan to buy them if I don't have the system by the time they come out. To and Ps3 owners is it true that you can't play Ps2 games on a 80gb? I've heard from people at my school you can't but I don't know if they're telling the truth or pulling it out from their ass.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Sutiiven (Offline)
nothingness

04-08-2008, 09:30 PM

you know i was wondering that to if you can play them on the 40 or if you need the 80 GB.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Thunda (Offline)
Don't bother reading

Send a message via MSN to Thunda
04-08-2008, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animelover32 View Post
I want a Ps3 but don't have the money for one yet. Even though Final Fantasy XIII/Verses is going to be on the Ps3,I still plan to buy them if I don't have the system by the time they come out. To and Ps3 owners is it true that you can't play Ps2 games on a 80gb? I've heard from people at my school you can't but I don't know if they're telling the truth or pulling it out from their ass.
ass .

Man I'm busy as hell. Hit me up on MSN or pm me.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

04-09-2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animelover32 View Post
The 60GB PS3 has both the PS3 Emotion Engine chip and the Graphics Synthesizer. In short the 60GB has a PS2 inside it. It can play just about every PS2 game flawlessly. (99% PS2 Backwards Compatibility)

The 80GB PS3 has just the GS Chip in it, but no EE. So it does PS2 playback through emulation partially supported by the Cell and the GS chip. This leaves some games unable to be played because no emulation is perfect. As well because it's not the proper chipset the games were coded for this can leave some performance problems such as frame rate drops, stalls, improper CGI playback, etc. (85%+ PS2 Backwards Compatibility)

The 40GB has neither the EE or the GS Chip on the motherboard. Currently no form of pure software emulation has been developed for the PS3 to work in conjunction with the Cell. However it's know/been speculated to be in development and planned by Sony to release PS2 downloads for select games they create the emulation compatibility for on the PSN store by the end of the year. (No PS2 Backwards Compatibility)

Hope that helps.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

04-09-2008, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxKosMosxx View Post
Anyone here beat Heavenly Sword?
I did. I will probably beat it in Hard Mode later on.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

Last edited by Zagato289 : 04-09-2008 at 09:46 PM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

04-09-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 View Post
On attack of the show they said something about the playstation getting hacked.
I heard the samething from a friend, but sony is doing something about it, like getting new updates that prevent that.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#27 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
04-09-2008, 09:51 PM

My friends ps3 broke :x Just wanted to share that

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#28 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
04-09-2008, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagato289 View Post
I did. I will probably beat it in Hard Mode later on.
Beat it in both modes, surprisingly, I found Bohan harder on the normal difficulty...

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

04-09-2008, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaCrisis View Post
My friends ps3 broke :x Just wanted to share that
how did it broke

--Jaka

(#30 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

04-09-2008, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER View Post
Beat it in both modes, surprisingly, I found Bohan harder on the normal difficulty...
yeah, i fought him in normal mode and he's really hard

--Jaka