JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the franchise now?
I love everything about it! They just keep improving! 8 24.24%
I'm pleased that they keep changing things. 8 24.24%
Due to nostalgia, I just can't stop playing them. 5 15.15%
They're okay, nothing I would rush out to buy. 4 12.12%
They milk the franchise too much. 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-27-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTH View Post
Hah well i haven't played the Japanese version of FF-X enough myself to actually give my opinion on the voice acting there.

But in general i think the original Japanese voice acting, or actually every original voice acting in games is superior to the translated voice acting in games.

I've never been annoyed by Japanese voice acting though, sure there are some poorly chosen voice actors for certain characters but they mostly don't have incredibly whiney voices with exagurated pronunciation and accents, which i come across quite often in translated games, but even more so in dubbed anime, or maybe i just don't notice it as much in games with the original Japanese audio since i'm not from Japan or Japanese, and i don't speak it.
I'm sure if i lived in Japan i would prefer the original audio in games from U.S/Euro developers, not the translated Japanese audio.

Voice acting is just hard to do right i guess, but to me it's a really important part of a game, especialy in a RPG it can really ruin or, when done right, greatly enhance the game experience.
I haven't played the Japanese version of FF X, but I watched all the undub scenes on Yutube.

I don't care much if it's the original or the English dub in the game. The most important thing is how the good the voice over is, and I noticed that some Japanese games do a poor job on voice over while the English dub is much better.
In the end, all that matters is not the language that is spoken in the game, but how the voice actors do their job.
(#92 (permalink))
Old
MTH (Offline)
JF Regular

01-27-2009, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
In the end, all that matters is not the language that is spoken in the game, but how the voice actors do their job.
You speak the truth, so to get back to my earlier post; i hope they keep the option for both audio tracks so i can pick which i like best

Last edited by MTH : 01-28-2009 at 08:31 AM.
(#93 (permalink))
Old
Aniki (Offline)
JF's Road Roller

01-31-2009, 11:16 PM

I'm thinking of getting Final Fantasy XI. Did anyone else played it?
(#94 (permalink))
Old
HaruHotaru (Offline)
JF Regular

02-05-2009, 05:08 PM

I find that I cannot answer the poll, as it appears locked - ah well..

I must have tried out the wrong version of Final Fantasy that one time I gave it a shot, cause it was *awful*. The graphics were gritty and stretched (and it wasn't due to the monitor I was using), and the gameplay was difficult to get down... I'm glad to hear that there have been plenty of changes done to it; perhaps I'll try it again one day..