JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the franchise now?
I love everything about it! They just keep improving! 8 24.24%
I'm pleased that they keep changing things. 8 24.24%
Due to nostalgia, I just can't stop playing them. 5 15.15%
They're okay, nothing I would rush out to buy. 4 12.12%
They milk the franchise too much. 8 24.24%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

What do you think about Final Fantasy? - 04-15-2008, 08:08 PM

By that, I mean, what do you think of them now?

I think they're rather horrendous and they're truly lacking any innovation. I blame Square mainly for this.

I see a bunch of FF remakes, and I see them milking Crystal Chronicles and Final Fantasy VII HEAVILY now. I also notice that their games now are starting to really piss me off because actually playing them is no longer fun. The priorities of these games are:

Graphics
Story
Music
Gameplay

As noticed very clearly by Final Fantasy XII.

I have come to realize that these games really aren't all that great. I never liked FFVII that much, I was upset to learn that the game is only truly fun during the first parts - once you reach past the Mythril Mines, the game just goes down, in my opinion.

I liked the overall presentation of FFVI. And I was fairly alright with FFVIII, though it was very easy, the story was confusing and awkward, and Draw was horrendous. I loved FFIX and FFCC had potential. I can't wait to get a new computer so I can start FFXI again.

My rant is over. I'll be sticking with playing FF online, but I'm pretty much through with Square now.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-15-2008, 08:15 PM

Too bad the poll on the front page doesn't say what you are talking about.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-15-2008, 08:19 PM

The poll is one thing, my post begins with asking a very similar question, and I rant about what I think and feel about the game series.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
04-15-2008, 08:23 PM

FF is about as old as I am...

I can't believe it's possible to run a series like FF for almost 20 games, but they've managed it somehow. Power to 'em, but there is a limit!

I think what bugs me most about the FF games is that there just isn't any contiguity to the games. Maybe I just don't know enough, but I can't pin down anything resembling a chronology or an overall story arc. "Final Fantasy" should be a brand name... it would make more sense, I think.

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

04-15-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
The poll is one thing, my post begins with asking a very similar question, and I rant about what I think and feel about the game series.
I understand that, but when you look at the poll (which is no featured on the front page) you have no idea that the question is about FF.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-15-2008, 08:28 PM

I'm not really a fan of FF. Sooo many people are fan girl/boy about it, and I don't really get why. I just find it so cheesy! No offence to the people that do like it, but it isn't my cup of tea. I think they do milk it quite a bit, what the hell was Final Fantasy Tactics about? The only FF game I actually liked was Crystal Chronicles because it's NOTHING like FF haha >.< It's rubbish on your own but it's a laugh when you have your mates round with the gameboys.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
animelover32 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to animelover32
04-15-2008, 09:56 PM

I love the games. I have yet to play all of them. The ones I've played are VIII, X, X-2, Doc, and XII. I dont know why people compare the two games, but I do like Devil May Cry more.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-15-2008, 10:53 PM

I never liked the first five Final Fantasies, but Final Fantasy VI is really a masterpiece. IF that game gets redone and released on DS, PSP or PS3, I am SO going to buy it. I can't replay it simply due to graphics because I already have beaten the game and so I need a better experience actually playing the game.

You really need to play Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy IX. The latter is basically what Final Fantasy really is, and after that, Final Fantasy has never been the same. Really.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
DManator (Offline)
JF Regular

04-16-2008, 03:43 AM

I love FFVII. It's tied for my favorite game alongside Xenogears. FFX was really good too. I'm praying that both FFXIII games kick ass, FFXII was a huge letdown for me. The game wasn't bad, it's just I could never get into the plot or the characters, and I don't care too much for the fighting system either.

Trivium's 4th album "Shogun" out 9/30 Metal 4 Life

He who walks the fire breathes Unlike the rest Living by the bloody creed
Kirisute gomen
Air of battle tasting stale Reeks of deceit Send the bitter straight to hell
Kirisute gomen
Quake has bred with the storm Conceiving war Wicked stampeding hordes
Kirisute gomen
He who spits the fire seethes All he detests Decapitating, bloody creed
Kirisute gomen
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Nemhy (Offline)