LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

04-16-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
Not the first game but these days DMC is supposed to be cheesy but I hate the cheesiness factor. Besides, anyone who judges DMC solely because of the cutscenes is errm... I don't know how to say this... PLAY the game. And see if it's at all fun while playing it. Not watching cutscenes.

BTW, sucking at a game doesn't equal the game sucking.
I have played the game. It's alright, but it's not the best. I don't like it enough to defend it, it is completely cheesy in most aspects of it. Final Fantasy is just bummed by too many fan/girl/boys and for a reason I can't understand.

I like Zelda. It has a lot of fans but theyre not like OMGGG FINAL FANTASY *snorts* if you get me. They are milking FF far too much and for me it's kinda ruined it.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-16-2008, 06:34 AM

You haven't bumped into some of the more crazy Zelda fans then xD hahaha :P But Zelda has less creepy fans because it's in essence a very childish game and it's like... really a game to be played, unlike FF which is a game you should watch.

I get it, you think it's cheesy but mind explaining what parts you think is cheesy? If I recall correctly, there is nothing cheesy about gameplay in the first DMC game. DMC3 and DMC4 are just cheesy, period. XD
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

04-16-2008, 06:36 AM

Quote:
You haven't bumped into some of the more crazy Zelda fans then xD hahaha :P But Zelda has less creepy fans because it's in essence a very childish game and it's like... really a game to be played, unlike FF which is a game you should watch.

I get it, you think it's cheesy but mind explaining what parts you think is cheesy? If I recall correctly, there is nothing cheesy about gameplay in the first DMC game. DMC3 and DMC4 are just cheesy, period. XD
I played the game a while ago, the first one, and what I can vaugely remember is him running around and when you hit stuff he goes Yeah! Alright! etc -_-= But I can't totally remember it, I could have got it confused with the others.

FF is sort of like an interactive movie I guess you could describe it as that. Not my cup of tea. I've been a Zelda fan for 10 years, so it does remind me of being a kid. Maybe that's why I love it so much.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-16-2008, 06:51 AM

I grew up with Zelda as well, hence my love for it and why I disliked Twilight Princess (Link should not be an adult IMHO).

By reading your description, you played DMC3. Dante doesn't speak at all during gameplay in the first DMC game ^_^
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

04-16-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Wrong. I compare the games as a whole. Not which aspects are better. They're games, right? So I ask myself, which one did I have most fun playing? OR I ask my self, which one was the best gaming experience?

Considering the fact that I think DMC is more fun to play than any FF game (basically), I go with DMC. A game with boring gameplay is a bad game, no matter the incredible story or the beautiful music, etc.

I could lead a team into creating a DMC RPG that would be better than FF in erms of gameplay (possibly sotry, as well). Graphics, music, etc. isn't my department so can't speak about that.
You can't compare the games as a whole in any way. It's apples and oranges. You might as well say what genre you prefer if you want to try and make that argument.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

04-16-2008, 01:53 PM

Quote:
I grew up with Zelda as well, hence my love for it and why I disliked Twilight Princess (Link should not be an adult IMHO).

By reading your description, you played DMC3. Dante doesn't speak at all during gameplay in the first DMC game ^_^
Ah I see. I also disliked Twilight Princess, something was just not right.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-16-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
You can't compare the games as a whole in any way. It's apples and oranges. You might as well say what genre you prefer if you want to try and make that argument.
I can compare apples and oranges as well. They're both fruits. I prefer oranges.

Same with FF and DMC. They're both games. I play games to enjoy myself. It's entertainment. And I think DMC is more entertaining than FF, thus, I like DMC more than FF. Why can't you just accept my opinion? :P
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

04-17-2008, 12:36 AM

Quote:
I can compare apples and oranges as well. They're both fruits. I prefer oranges.

Same with FF and DMC. They're both games. I play games to enjoy myself. It's entertainment. And I think DMC is more entertaining than FF, thus, I like DMC more than FF. Why can't you just accept my opinion? :P
Because it's not an opinion, but breaking the rules of comparison?

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
chaseme (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-17-2008, 05:34 AM

Quote:

You cant compare them as a whole without being subjective keyword is "preference"
for me DMC bored me within the first 20mins of game play but i dont think its inferior in FF it just that i dont like such genre
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Alastor (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-17-2008, 03:40 PM

What the hell? What do you mean subjective? I compare the fun/interest factor of the games. It's my opinion. I'm voicing my opinion on which one I find to be most interesting to play. I'm not actually comparing them, never did, never will.

Returning on-topic. I have no idea why they're being compared. They're extremely different games. It's stupid. I think one is more fun than the other, but what the hell, I would never compare them. You only compare a game with itself. Compare 1 FF to another, compare 1 DMC to another. Don't mix 'em.