JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   The Super Nintendo (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/14908-super-nintendo.html)

Jorg 04-24-2008 05:36 AM

The Super Nintendo

does anyone else think that super nintendo was the best system? with games like zelda III, chrono trigger, terranigma, the final fantasys, secret of evermore/mana. there really isn't many good rpg's on the new systems and i think they rely too much on the presentation rather than gameplay/storyline.
although, oblivion on xbox 360 rocked my socks off

MissMisa 04-24-2008 05:37 AM

I love Zelda and the Super Nintendo <3

Zelda 2 was slightly weird though, since it was sidescrolling.

I'm actually making a Zelda website at the moment and I'm working on the Zelda 2 section now >.<

DManator 04-24-2008 05:40 AM

I wish I still had my SNES. Who knows how many hours of my youth I wasted playing Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers?

Genkaku 04-24-2008 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DManator (Post 471112)
I wish I still had my SNES. Who knows how many hours of my youth I wasted playing Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers?

I fell in love with it the minute it came out.
Can you picture me freaking out when i had SF II when it was just released.

I love the Snes but i dislike Zelda for some reason.

xtine 04-24-2008 07:26 AM

i like zelda ... i remember when i was a kid my aunt gave my brother a N64 and we always play zelda and mario :D

Slykaz1 04-24-2008 01:08 PM

My favorites I play on it are....((which I still do))

Advetures of Link..... Super Mario Bros..... Super Mario Bros. 2..... Super Mario Bros 3..... Dr Mario..... Donkey Kong..... Donkey Kong 3..... Donkey Kong Jr. Math..... Pac Man..... Pac Mania..... Tetris 2..... Kirby's Adveture..... Dragon Warrior..... Ice Climber..... World Cup..... Cobra Command.....((Oh I can't forget this one)) Barbie :D

zerox 04-30-2008 10:29 PM

yeah the SNES was my last console, i'm not a big fan of video games. DKC3, Street Fighter II The New Challengers, Rocky Rodent, Super Mario World, Mario Kart, Yoshi's Island.
:rolleyes:Ahhh, the old times...

Daisuki13 04-30-2008 10:30 PM

Ah, I play my SNES often!
It is a great system..
Wish I had the Harvest Moon games for it.
Mario Paint is like, the best game xD

Alastor 05-01-2008 06:49 AM

Ahh.... SNES... beautiful...

although I'm never bound by consoles; rather, games. Like,everyone who loves Zelda... go buy a playstation and buy the PlayStation (1) game "Adventures of Alundra". It's like top-down Zelda, but with cooler graphics (very anime-esque), a bigger world, more involving and deeper characters... it's basically Zeda only better in most ways. Oh, and puzzle difficulty is THAT much greater than in Zelda.

Alundra is my all-time favorite game btw ^_^;

Acidreptile 05-01-2008 07:52 AM

To me Super Nintendo is the 2nd best system of all time.To me Mega Drive is still the best.Even tough I know that all the graphics and the technology of the newest systems are much superior to that era I still consider the Super Nintendo and the Mega Drive era the "Golden Age" of the games.Lately It is only not too cool like it was once anymore.