LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-03-2008, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I see, thanks. But you know, I have to point out that there are a lot of female protagonists in video games. eg, Metroid (all the series), BloodRayne, Zelda, Tomb Raider, Silent Hill 3, Resident Evil series, Perfect Dark etc.
Personally, I think that girls generally don't like video games full stop. My friends love the arcade games that I have on xbox live, but when it comes to other games, even if they enjoy it, they generally get bored quickly. which is a shame, because I'd love to play video games with a girlfriend instead of leaving her alone whilst I play with friends...

Metroid doesn't even LOOK remotely female, until you complete and find out, OMG she is! The rest of the females I wouldn't say appeal to a female audience - their breasts are always FAR too large for that. Though Zelda is a popular one, you don't play as her. [Though Zelda is my favourite game of all time.]

Every single one of my female friends LOVE video games. I always play video games with my boyfriend, today we were playing Assassins Creed, Burnout and GTA. We play Mario Kart a lot. I think this is the problem with the game industry - there are thousands and thousands of female gamers and everyone seems to think they don't exist! The industry is a male dominated one - and a career in Game Design is what I am aiming for, so I'm preparing myself for this too. But trust me, female gamers do exist, and in masses too, and I'm a prime example of at least one of them!
(#12 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

05-03-2008, 08:32 PM

I don't doubt that they exist for one moment... I hear them on xbox live, lol... But like you said, the majority of people that play video games are male, and I've yet to meet girls that do enjoy playing games properly. Unfortunately, I meet girls that only like arcade games and some of the Wii games... I guess I don't have a lot of luck. lol.

So, what is needed is a woman with normal sized breasts? In that case, what about Heavenly sword? Thats a great game, and the woman hasn't got huge breats and neither does Perfect Dark.

I hope you succeed in your goals, because it would be nice to see more females enjoying video games...
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-03-2008, 08:36 PM

Nintendo has a lot of "unisex" games, and some for females, too.

Nintendogs, The Sims, Cooking Mama, Mario, Zelda, the girls I know who like to game love Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy...
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-03-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Nintendo has a lot of "unisex" games, and some for females, too.

Nintendogs, The Sims, Cooking Mama, Mario, Zelda, the girls I know who like to game love Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy...
That is why Nintendo is my favourite game company. Microsoft and Sony seem almost strictly male only in regard to their consoles. I suppose Cooking Mama is for females - but that's the 8 year old thing going on there. My 8 year old cousin has it - but it's not a proper game and not one for a female of 17 to be playing really. [Though right now I am playing Hello Kitty Roller Rescue lmao >.<]
(#15 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-05-2008, 07:50 PM

I was playing GTA today! Online It's pretty fun, I was driving in a flashy car and running over randomers >.< Haha
(#16 (permalink))
Old
molinameister (Offline)
WILL KILL ALL! except you

Send a message via AIM to molinameister
05-05-2008, 07:54 PM

i didn't play it yet, but i heard that it's kickass

アンドリューは殺害者私の名前である

.......................__ ............
......<ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL>.
........................| |...........
................... __\||/____......
.\\...............|'-|--| .\\....\.....
..\ \_...........|--|---|..\\ ....\....
../ L \____,/-------\___\___\
.|LOL|-------------O----- ----,\..
..\ L /______,---''-----------, /...
../ /.............\_________ ,/....
.//.............____//___ __\\__/.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

05-05-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molinameister View Post
i didn't play it yet, but i heard that it's kickass
Yeah it's pretty good, normally I wouldn't like games like this but it just makes me laugh xD I don't really play the story much [I've seen my boyfriend play it, it's his game.] But I played online for a little bit and it's funnnn
(#18 (permalink))
Old
reallylight (Offline)
New to JF

05-06-2008, 09:53 AM

This game is awesome! Though not quite the 10 out of 10 that all the game review sites are giving it.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Thunda (Offline)
Don't bother reading

Send a message via MSN to Thunda
05-06-2008, 11:54 AM

What I love in GTA's is the environment. They can give it back so realistically.
It's like I'm on real streets but I don't get arrested and such.

Man I'm busy as hell. Hit me up on MSN or pm me.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Sleephead (Offline)
New to JF

Disagree - 05-06-2008, 12:25 PM

I'm Working on a shop in norway called EB games, we had about 200 preorders on this game.
I actually thought it would be a really good game. But what diffrence is this game to the others?
Sure, it's a much more good looking game, better graphics and all. But I really don't see where the (so called) better gameplay and more realistic parts comes...

I can come up with tonns of better games to play, it's a straight forward game with even less possible options than the San Andreas game.
Sorry if I provoke someone. I just really waited for something extremly wild from a game with this much expectations.

Love And Peace!