LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

05-06-2008, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleephead View Post
I'm Working on a shop in norway called EB games, we had about 200 preorders on this game.
I actually thought it would be a really good game. But what diffrence is this game to the others?
Sure, it's a much more good looking game, better graphics and all. But I really don't see where the (so called) better gameplay and more realistic parts comes...

I can come up with tonns of better games to play, it's a straight forward game with even less possible options than the San Andreas game.
Sorry if I provoke someone. I just really waited for something extremly wild from a game with this much expectations.
Uhm.

Social interation.
Driving.
Combat.
Shooting.
The amazing euphoria physics engine.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
xX2DXx (Offline)
JF Regular

05-06-2008, 09:35 PM

I love the game I was a fan from the first one that was made as well as the other GTA games I just hate how some of the controls work though and how slow the cars move. I wish they had better cars and the paint shop where you can custumize your car. Also I liked the old ones cause you could buy different houses, (its a pain to drive all the way to the third island then back again just to save it =/).
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
05-06-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Metroid doesn't even LOOK remotely female, until you complete and find out, OMG she is! The rest of the females I wouldn't say appeal to a female audience - their breasts are always FAR too large for that. Though Zelda is a popular one, you don't play as her. [Though Zelda is my favourite game of all time.]
Look for a RPG game that allows you to customize your character... The elder scrolls: Oblivion is a good example, as it has the ability to make your character look like whatever you want. You can edit any parameters of the appearance of the protagonist and make the breasts of the female character (If you choose to go with a female) as microscopic as you want... And besides, Oblivion is one of my all time favorite games due to it's gigantic world, countless quests, outstanding graphics, the possibilities of interaction with the world and huge player fanbase that continues to create a lot of great, freely downloadable mods for the game that only amplifies the great experience...
And besides... why do girls hate game characters with big breasts? I mean, guys have nothing against playing a game with a badass male character who is by far more good looking/fit/better built than themselves... it's just part of the fantasy the game allows you to experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I've yet to meet girls that do enjoy playing games properly.
Try looking for some professional CS gamers from the Eurasian CS Womens league... they'll kick your ass in any competitive FPS game (And some of them are pretty hot too )

Anywho, back on the original topic:
I deeply despise Rockstar for not releasing a PC version of GTA IV... and hope that they will alter their despicable business strategy in favor of PC gamers.

Last edited by Excessum : 05-06-2008 at 10:47 PM.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

05-07-2008, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post
Look for a RPG game that allows you to customize your character... The elder scrolls: Oblivion is a good example, as it has the ability to make your character look like whatever you want. You can edit any parameters of the appearance of the protagonist and make the breasts of the female character (If you choose to go with a female) as microscopic as you want... And besides, Oblivion is one of my all time favorite games due to it's gigantic world, countless quests, outstanding graphics, the possibilities of interaction with the world and huge player fanbase that continues to create a lot of great, freely downloadable mods for the game that only amplifies the great experience...

Yeah, I play Oblivion sometimes. My brother is glued to it though >.< It's not that they have big breasts really, it's just that the character is blatantly aimed at male game nerds to perv on. Sometimes the breasts on the female characters are entirely ridiculous and gravity defying >.< And in my personal opinion, big breasted women don't make them any more attractive than anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excessum View Post

And besides... why do girls hate game characters with big breasts? I mean, guys have nothing against playing a game with a badass male character who is by far more good looking/fit/better built than themselves... it's just part of the fantasy the game allows you to experience.
This is exactly my point. A big breasted women is a man's idea of what cool and badass is. Certainly NOT a females. This is what I mean when I say the gaming world is male dominated - they just don't have a clue what females want.

Take Taki from Soul Calibur for example :

She'd be a pretty kickass female protagonist - if her breasts weren't bigger than her head. You have to admit, that looks stupid and it ruins her. Me and my female friends don't really wanna play as her because she looks like a tard. Though really, we're not that picky as the character you play as isn't the be all and end all, but still it's not really great to play with a character like that.

Last edited by MissMisa : 05-07-2008 at 05:19 AM.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
05-07-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I play Oblivion sometimes. My brother is glued to it though >.< It's not that they have big breasts really, it's just that the character is blatantly aimed at male game nerds to perv on. Sometimes the breasts on the female characters are entirely ridiculous and gravity defying >.< And in my personal opinion, big breasted women don't make them any more attractive than anyone else.

This is exactly my point. A big breasted women is a man's idea of what cool and badass is. Certainly NOT a females. This is what I mean when I say the gaming world is male dominated - they just don't have a clue what females want.
Ok... let's do it another way... could you please describe the perfect female protagonist in that case?

Quote:
Take Taki from Soul Calibur for example :

She'd be a pretty kickass female protagonist - if her breasts weren't bigger than her head. You have to admit, that looks stupid and it ruins her. Me and my female friends don't really wanna play as her because she looks like a tard. Though really, we're not that picky as the character you play as isn't the be all and end all, but still it's not really great to play with a character like that.

And in the end... what's the difference on how the character looks like? I would play with a one legged half-rotten alligator if it had moves that would fit my playing style the best in a fighting game...

Anywho... I think you should really look forward to Mirror's Edge which is coming out later this year

EDIT: Here's a ingame footage of The above mentioned game:

Last edited by Excessum : 05-07-2008 at 11:08 PM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-07-2008, 11:42 PM

GTA IV made $500 Million US it's first week. That is amazing!
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

05-08-2008, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
GTA IV made $500 Million US it's first week. That is amazing!
Apparently the game has sold 6000000 copies worldwide, just shy of 1000000 of those were sold in the UK.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.