JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

E3 - Loads of great games to come! - 07-15-2008, 05:37 PM

Who else has seen E3? This is what I know so far:

~ Final Fantasy is not going to be exclusively for the PS3 anymore. It's coming out for the Xbox 360, too. [Actually, I'm pretty sick of seeing all the fanboys cry about this. It's a good move particularly for the fans.]

~ Nintendo is releasing an attachment to the Wii mote which makes it a lot more accurate.

~ Nintendo is releasing Call of Duty for Wii.

~ Nintendo is releasing Grand Theft Auto DS.

~ Nintendo is releasing Wii Sports:Resort, Wii Music, Spore, Animal Crossing Wii, Rock Band, Pokemon, and some other stuff I probably forgot.

I saw Nintendo's conference, but unfortunatly missed Microsofts so please tell me if you have any more news! You can check up what's going on at E3 on the official website.

Last edited by MissMisa : 07-15-2008 at 05:39 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
allie2590 (Offline)
I am the White Testament

07-15-2008, 06:08 PM

Grand Theft Auto for the DS? I think I'm going to cry.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

07-15-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie2590 View Post
Grand Theft Auto for the DS? I think I'm going to cry.
Lmao! Should be a laugh, at least. I'm actually looking forward to seeing that haha!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Acidreptile (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-15-2008, 06:18 PM

Animal Crossing.That game is cool.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
allie2590 (Offline)
I am the White Testament

07-15-2008, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Lmao! Should be a laugh, at least. I'm actually looking forward to seeing that haha!
Oh, it'll be a laugh until you have to viciously tap the screen to hit someone with a crow bar.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

07-15-2008, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidreptile View Post
Animal Crossing.That game is cool.
Looks even cooler for the Wii. I have it for DS, and the whole interactive thing for Wii would be pretty nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie2590 View Post
Oh, it'll be a laugh until you have to viciously tap the screen to hit someone with a crow bar.
Lmao, Allie, that's great haha xD
(#7 (permalink))
Old
zoneoni (Offline)
Luna Corp // CEO

07-15-2008, 06:36 PM

AWW, that's gonna be the biggest suck ever if they make Final Fantasy for the PS3 and the XBOX 360. Not because I hate the XBOX 360 TO THE BONE. Not because I bought the PS3 with the sole intention of playing Final Fantasy. And most definetly Not because I HATE XBOX 360 TO THE BONE!!!!R

LOL but because other games that have come out for the XBOX 360 and the PS3 have had some sort of compromise of sorts. I'll give you an example.

Let's take a game that is solely for the Xbox, like say Halo. The graphix for HALO 3 were kick ass. Pretty dam good. Even though I hate XBOX360.

Now lets take a game that was soley for the PS3, MSG4, awesome so awesome...kick ass grahpix etc. Although that seems to be changing and Korean developers seem to want to expand into the XBOX market, since there are more Xboxers then PS3ers. It's understandable, and the reason why they didn't do this in the begininig was probably so that it didn't suffer a similar ending like GTA 4, my opinon

Now GTA4. here's the problem with GTA4, because developers were lazy and didn't try to make the most of the potentials behind the XBOX and PS3, they decided to settle for a mediocore level of design in graphix in order to make sure that one version was not better then the other. It was rumored for a while that Microsoft paid rockstar for this move, I donno, who knows but the truth is that if you compare any XBOX only or any PS3 only game with GTA4, the graphix just don't compete.

Now, if they do this to FF, that is gonna reek of suck. What microsoft and sony need to do is merge to make the X-PS4. Total pwnage the goods of both worlds.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

07-15-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneoni View Post
AWW, that's gonna be the biggest suck ever if they make Final Fantasy for the PS3 and the XBOX 360. Not because I hate the XBOX 360 TO THE BONE. Not because I bought the PS3 with the sole intention of playing Final Fantasy. And most definetly Not because I HATE XBOX 360 TO THE BONE!!!!R

LOL but because other games that have come out for the XBOX 360 and the PS3 have had some sort of compromise of sorts. I'll give you an example.

Let's take a game that is solely for the Xbox, like say Halo. The graphix for HALO 3 were kick ass. Pretty dam good. Even though I hate XBOX360.

Now lets take a game that was soley for the PS3, MSG4, awesome so awesome...kick ass grahpix etc. Although that seems to be changing and Korean developers seem to want to expand into the XBOX market, since there are more Xboxers then PS3ers. It's understandable, and the reason why they didn't do this in the begininig was probably so that it didn't suffer a similar ending like GTA 4, my opinon

Now GTA4. here's the problem with GTA4, because developers were lazy and didn't try to make the most of the potentials behind the XBOX and PS3, they decided to settle for a mediocore level of design in graphix in order to make sure that one version was not better then the other. It was rumored for a while that Microsoft paid rockstar for this move, I donno, who knows but the truth is that if you compare any XBOX only or any PS3 only game with GTA4, the graphix just don't compete.

Now, if they do this to FF, that is gonna reek of suck. What microsoft and sony need to do is merge to make the X-PS4. Total pwnage the goods of both worlds.
I don't get your logic. Why in the world would Microsoft pay to make a game on their console suck? That would just NOT happen.

There is NO WAY they are going to MAKE Final Fantasy suck. They are more likely want it to be the most awesome Final Fantasy ever in order so that they can gloat and say 'look, it turned out great anyway so quit your whining that it's multi-format.'

There is no way in a billion years that any good business would pay to make their product shit. No way.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Kai13 (Offline)
あゆ

Send a message via Skype™ to Kai13
07-16-2008, 11:40 AM

I'm looking forward to Wii Sports Resort and GTA DS. Nevertheless, I got disapointed with this year's E3, and so did last year :\
I wanted to see a new DS.

Now here's some more info about Nintendo's next games:

Quote:
No big surprise. At E3 2008, Nintendo confirmed (very vaguely) that the Mario and Zelda teams had reassembled, but offered no further details. But when we sat down with Shigeru Miyamoto this week, he elaborated on situation, absolutely confirmed that a new Wii Zelda is underway, and suggested that it will see some fundamental changes.

"The Zelda team in particular always works on Zelda titles. The core members of the Zelda team have for a very long time now been focused on Zelda games, and continue to focus on Zelda games, so they are hard at work and working away," Miyamoto said. "And then, of course, we have the DS Zelda team as well, so even there we're having some switching of people in and out where the DS team is mixing in with the Wii team and working on the Wii version."

At GDC 2007, Eiji Aonuma gave a presentation on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. At that time, he showed a brief snippet of an experimentation the Zelda team conducted -- it was Twilight Princess running in the first-person view. We asked Miyamoto if such a fundamental change could await players of Wii's next Zelda adventure.

At the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2008, we made it our mission to bombard Nintendo producer Shigeru Miyamoto with nearly unanswerable questions about possible games in development -- because, frankly, that's how we roll. Although he politely explained that he could not announce new products to us, we would not relent and we did come away with a few not-so-vague hints about projects underway. Namely, a new Pikmin title for Wii, a sequel to Mario Galaxy and a DS sequel to New Super Mario Bros.

"There isn't anything that we can announce right now, but I'm sure we'll probably do something with it," Miyamoto said of a Wii Pikmin sequel. "The Pikmin team is, of course, still there and maybe we'll have something to talk about before too long." We like the sound of that.

In regard to a new New Super Mario Bros. for DS, Miyamoto tried to throw us off guard with trickery about not being able to announce unfinished projects. "That team is also working hard," he said. "The thing that's difficult is that, as you know, the way we handle our announcement is we work on product and once the product is at a state where we feel it's ready to show to people, then that's when we're willing to talk about it. Which is why it's difficult for me to talk about different projects in interviews. I have a lot of different teams and those teams are all at different points in their experiments or development, so it's typically once they've finalized something that we're able to talk about it. But for me to go into too much detail would be a little bit irresponsible in an interview. All that I can say is that that team is also working."

When we pressed him for more, Miyamoto added, "Maybe the best thing for you to understand is that all of the leaders of those teams -- of the Mario team, of the Zelda team and of the Pikmin team -- all sit within 150 feet of my desk. The Galaxy team is the only one that's farther away -- they're in Tokyo. But I do have video conferencing with them."

We stunned him with a hard-hitting follow-up: 'We don't really have a question. We just want you to make another Galaxy game.' To this, Miyamoto replied, "Leave it to me."

"I don't necessarily think it will change that drastically, but I think that Zelda is a franchise that does need some big new unique ideas," he said. "And so the team right now is very focused on trying to find those ideas."
source
A new Zelda DS, sounds good!

Quote:
At the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2008, we made it our mission to bombard Nintendo producer Shigeru Miyamoto with nearly unanswerable questions about possible games in development -- because, frankly, that's how we roll. Although he politely explained that he could not announce new products to us, we would not relent and we did come away with a few not-so-vague hints about projects underway. Namely, a new Pikmin title for Wii, a sequel to Mario Galaxy and a DS sequel to New Super Mario Bros.

"There isn't anything that we can announce right now, but I'm sure we'll probably do something with it," Miyamoto said of a Wii Pikmin sequel. "The Pikmin team is, of course, still there and maybe we'll have something to talk about before too long." We like the sound of that.

In regard to a new New Super Mario Bros. for DS, Miyamoto tried to throw us off guard with trickery about not being able to announce unfinished projects. "That team is also working hard," he said. "The thing that's difficult is that, as you know, the way we handle our announcement is we work on product and once the product is at a state where we feel it's ready to show to people, then that's when we're willing to talk about it. Which is why it's difficult for me to talk about different projects in interviews. I have a lot of different teams and those teams are all at different points in their experiments or development, so it's typically once they've finalized something that we're able to talk about it. But for me to go into too much detail would be a little bit irresponsible in an interview. All that I can say is that that team is also working."

When we pressed him for more, Miyamoto added, "Maybe the best thing for you to understand is that all of the leaders of those teams -- of the Mario team, of the Zelda team and of the Pikmin team -- all sit within 150 feet of my desk. The Galaxy team is the only one that's farther away -- they're in Tokyo. But I do have video conferencing with them."

We stunned him with a hard-hitting follow-up: 'We don't really have a question. We just want you to make another Galaxy game.' To this, Miyamoto replied, "Leave it to me."
Source

自分のブログ!
見てみてください。
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-16-2008, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneoni View Post

The game is being developed on PC, and being made for PS3. After PS3 is finished development for the 360 version starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
I don't get your logic. Why in the world would Microsoft pay to make a game on their console suck? That would just NOT happen.

There is NO WAY they are going to MAKE Final Fantasy suck. They are more likely want it to be the most awesome Final Fantasy ever in order so that they can gloat and say 'look, it turned out great anyway so quit your whining that it's multi-format.'

There is no way in a billion years that any good business would pay to make their product shit. No way.
You must have missed something huge here. Microsoft did not pay anything to Square. Do you want to know how I know this? There isn't going to be a Japanese version of the game.

I'm sure you know how piss poor the sales for 360 are in Japan, why would Microsoft pay to have a game on their system but not allow the game's largest audience the ability to touch it? The audience they need the game for. I'll tell you why. Square is expanding to the west, and 360 has the install bases in EU/NA.

What he means with a poorer quality game overall is partially correct. With the 360 and PS3 in particular the consoles have very very different architectures, and must be designed in very different ways. In order to make multi-platform game one of two things have to happen:
  1. You need to have development for the game on both consoles at the same time, making it feasable to run on both consoles. This is the unpreffered method for developers because it costs more with little results over all, because the game is being made for two consoles anyway and not one's specific design.
  2. Making a game only one one console and porting it to another. This is the prefered method and often leaves one of the versions lacking unless real attention is put into it.

What Square is doing is finishing FFXIII for PS3, and designing it for PS3. They are then going to port the game for 360. The most likely drawback to this is that the 360 version is going to have several discs. Since no one has any idea what the game play looks like, or how it plays that's the only thing people can safely assume.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.