JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
08-06-2008, 03:42 AM

I ahve the collector's edition (metal case) too, And I don't recall that...

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
jml5083 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-06-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER View Post
IX- peace until Kuja comes along, the Mist produced all monsters
II- sorceress comes along, destroys kingdoms.
I- Tiamatt and Kraken have destroyed most of the world, leaving only a few kingdoms, yet again.... The only airship is buried in the desert.
IV- Kingdoms have situated themselves around protecting the 4 Crystals. Golbez and Garland could be incarnations of each other, since they're both Lunars, as could KluYa and Kuja. Since discovery of airship in previous FF, they have been advancing it and creating better ones... The Big Whale could be the remains of the Dreadnought from FF2
IV- People exploiting magic for power, which in turn revives the world.
X- With the world at the top of it's technological era, a tragedy starts when Yu Yevon is made, probably the last "Lunar"
X-2- Mako is mentioned, but unharnessed.
VII- Magic put in "Gaia" in IV, is being drained as Mako... Gaia is dying... Since the magic (mako) is being drained from teh planet, it no longer can be used without possessing a crystalized form of it (materia).
VIII- Gaia now back at the top of it's technological era, and magic is now no longer only usable by possessing a crystalized form, but now flows freely through the body. People have now learned how to use magic through GF's to benefit themselves (Junction).

AGAIN, me and my friend talked about this back in '06 which is why XII is not included, I really haven't given this much thought since...
No mention of FFTactics? PS or GBA? GBA was garbage anyways but for PS...?
(#13 (permalink))
Old
jml5083 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-06-2008, 06:16 PM

Taken Raw from the Wikipedia Entry on Ivalice. Yes, Ivalice is just one nation on an unnamed world in the entire collection of FF games... Yet... w/e. Enjoy

Ivalice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And an Actual Timeline although it's in Japanese... Translators? Start your engines!
Image:Ivalice-time.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Timeline

The timeline of Final Fantasy XII as compared to Final Fantasy Tactics.The timeline of Ivalice as presented in the games was left quite vague, and formerly other official sources had said little on the matter. A few sources have made their own conclusion on the timeline of Ivalice.[18][19] The official timeline, however, was eventually given in the Final Fantasy XII Ultimania Omega, and placed the events of Final Fantasy XII before those of Final Fantasy Tactics.

There is no direct mention of Ivalice in Vagrant Story. However, several references are made; the Kingdom of Valendia, the setting for Vagrant Story, shares its name with a continent of Ivalice appearing in Final Fantasy XII. The Kiltia religion, featured in Final Fantasy XII, was the religion of the ghost town Leá Monde, in which the story takes place. Additionally, a quotation from Alazlam J. Durai, a famous historian of Ivalice who lived 400 years after the Lion War (and narrator of the Zodiac Brave Story told in Final Fantasy Tactics), is used at the beginning of the game,[20] and the descriptions of several items make direct reference to the same story.[21] This would seem to place Vagrant Story latest in the timeline, given its direct references to the events of Final Fantasy Tactics.

Some confusion still persists, particularly due to the facts surrounding Saint Ajora, who was executed 1200 years prior to the events of Final Fantasy Tactics,[22] yet in the Clan Primer of Final Fantasy XII is said to have separated from the Light of Kiltia religion shortly after its foundation, already two thousand years old.[23] While no gender is specified in the North American release of Final Fantasy XII, in both the Japanese Clan Primer and the Ultimania timeline, Ajora is referred to as 聖女アジョラ, Holy Woman Ajora, while Ajora of Final Fantasy Tactics is male.[22][24][25]

The appearance of some special characters in Final Fantasy Tactics may have further added to the confusion of the era the game takes place in."
(#14 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
08-07-2008, 03:53 AM

USE THE EDIT BUTTON.

As mentioned earlier in that post, me and my friend simply didn't feel like including some games...

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

08-09-2008, 06:18 AM

@X- Thank you so much for what you've concluded, thus far. I think the best way for research right now would to watch all of the game clips or cutscenes online or to actually play all the games. I have many of the games you've listed, but I don't have a DS, causing much trouble to play the non-Play Station-ed games.

@jml- Thanks for the Wiki article. That's some good info from that too, looking up Ivalice.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#16 (permalink))
Old
zombierecall (Offline)
New to JF

11-12-2008, 08:33 PM

I created this account simply to chime in on this thread.

You people should NOT be looking at the technology of the games. But more the Magic, Chaos (Garland), the Lifestream, things of that nature.

And on that note, XII can't be counted in the timeline because it is not created by the same people. So the stories couldn't hope to fit. AND you can't leave games out simply because you didn't care for them. Being bias brings nothing. My cousin and I nearly have a timeline completed with facts and everything. I'll make the document available once it is finished. :]]
(#17 (permalink))
Old
zombierecall (Offline)
New to JF

11-12-2008, 08:36 PM

But our theory is resulting from the effect of Chaos (Garland) seeking to purge the planet each time the lifestream renews itself. We have many facts supporting this and are CURRENTLY as of this instant working on the timeline. :]
(#18 (permalink))
Old
timelord (Offline)
New to JF

a possible theory? - 01-03-2009, 05:07 AM

though this is nowhere complete, and excludes FF3, it does give a plausable account (to a point) of a timeline.

Nuklear Power - Home of 8-bit Theater

it's the first letter to "Red Mage" (the one that starts "Dear Purplish-orange mage")on the page. it was written quite a long while ago, but it's a decent enough theory to work with.
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

01-03-2009, 05:11 AM

WOAH. That's a lot. Thank you so much for the link! It's kind of funny because I was thinking about this thread earlier today and I was also thinking about the Zelda timeline... Such mystery.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780