JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-11-2008, 02:46 PM

You know why they call it the Xbox 360, right?

Cause when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and moonwalk away

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Blackhauck (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Blackhauck
12-11-2008, 03:46 PM

Nice. I have an Xbox 360 also and I really love it. The games for it are amazing and live is awsome also. When you get it set up add me. Blackhauck is my gamertag. I would love to play against ya sometime.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
RazerKill (Offline)
-=New Roots=-

12-11-2008, 04:11 PM

Now there is some money well spend ^^.
Have fun well that was hardly needed to say cos you will definitely have fun with it.
I have one at home my self and the game rock on it.

proud member of the ramen club XD

http://new-roots.com
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Blackhauck (Offline)
JF Regular

12-11-2008, 04:13 PM

360 Ftw!!!!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-11-2008, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Just an XBOX 360 thread.

Anything 360 related is welcome.

-

I just bought myself an "Elite" I got the pack from EB games - 120gb (Are all elites 120gb?) Halo 3 (Which was out of stock) Mass effect lego star wars and kung fu panda, - Needless to say i traded that shit in before i had even paid for it and got Fable II instead. As Halo 3 was out of stock they gave me "Turok" i remember the old game (Was it on the N64?) - I didnt trade that in tho i have a feeling it wont be very good.

I used to own a 360 - around a year ago, had it for 4 months and sold it to buy a PS3 - had my ps3 for 4 months and sold that for.. Camera Stuff (I dont even remember what stuff) But i wanted it at the time.

For a while i was happy with the PS3 and even posted on this forum (I dont know what thread) Saying i prefferred it over the 360. Tho the PS3 had horrible screen tearing which was always really annoying.

But im a former Fable, Ninja Gaiden and Gears of War fan and with the releases of Fable II Ninja Gaiden II and GoW II i thought it time to invest in another xbox.

Also - i enjoy playing online rather than by myself. And it seems that the XBOX is slightly better for that. Tho i enjoyed playing the PS3 online. Wait times could be a hassle (Could of been due to timezone.). Me and a good friend compared our wait times for the same game and the wait time for the PS3 was alot longer.

Since its Christmas soon iv decided to treat it as a present.. to myself and only open it on Christmas day.

Im only a Recreational player but once its all set up ill post my gamertag and see if anyone from JF wants to play.

I really want to play Fable II, but alas I do not have a Xbox.

However, for the PS3 screen tearing, did you buy a HDMI cable for it? I have no such problems with my PS3.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Blackhauck (Offline)
JF Regular

12-11-2008, 04:18 PM

Is Fable II really all that? I have played the first Fable and love it dearly. I don't have the second one though and wanna know if its good or not.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Macabre (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Macabre
12-11-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhauck View Post
Is Fable II really all that? I have played the first Fable and love it dearly. I don't have the second one though and wanna know if its good or not.
fable 2 is a definite upgrade from fable with its larger map but its still lacking in many ways, so don't expect much of a difference.

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kyousuke (Offline)
Seiryuu

12-11-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhauck View Post
holy shit its awesome. the land is much bigger, you can do more things in it and there arent any fences like in the first one. i just started playing it but its really cool.

The game im currently playing though is LEFT 4 DEAD. anyone else play it yet?

"Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - colonel sanders
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-12-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
Yeah, - When i got my PS3 they gave me a free HDMI cable worth around $80 because they couldnt match the deal at another place.

The screen tearing in Uncharted: Drakes Fortune was unbearable. I think i had screen tearing in like 6 of the 8 games i had.

I had always wondered if the screen tearing would go away if i had bought component cables and used them instead of the HDMI cable. - But then i sold it.

After having both for around the same time and having 8 or so games on both consoles i decided i liked the 360 more.

Tho the reason i sold my first xbox to get a PS3 was for LBP (Which was supposed to be released Sep 07) But now after LBP has been released GoW2, Ninga Gaiden 2, and Fable 2 have all been released.

+ my Cousin just picked up a PS3 with LBP - but i havent played it yet.

Ill keep my 360 till the release of microsofts new console. I dont think ill be selling any of them anymore. Tho Photography Equipment can be expensive...
Fair enough. The main reason I bought a PS3 is so I can get ready for FFXIII:Versus.

But I've never experienced screen tearing at all.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Blackhauck (Offline)
JF Regular

12-12-2008, 03:45 PM

Sweet so Fable II is now on my Christmas list. Along with Mirrors edge.