JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
gekiwolf (Offline)
New to JF

Chrono Trigger - 07-26-2008, 12:03 AM

Don't know if this is already a thread but anyone here a Chrono Trigger fan?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-26-2008, 10:10 PM

I'm not a huge fan of turn based RPGs preferring games like Zelda and Kingdom Hearts, however I liked Chrono Trigger and thought it was a lot better than Final Fantasy 6. The time travelling concept was really cool, but then I'm really into games such as Timesplitters for the same reason. I see it's getting a release on the DS, wonder if it'll sell?

Last edited by Haggis : 07-26-2008 at 10:17 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

07-26-2008, 10:47 PM

I have been waiting forever for a chrono trigger sequel. I mean a real one not chrono cross. The ONLY thing chrono cross has in common with chrono trigger was the map. That's IT. Oh... such a good snes game. Way ahead of it's time.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Hisuwashi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-26-2008, 11:01 PM

I used to have the snes game and loved it.

Never got my hopes up about a sequel though..

~ Wind Song ~
~ Windlied ~
~ Chant du vent ~
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Excessum (Offline)
Way too serious

Send a message via MSN to Excessum Send a message via Skype™ to Excessum
07-26-2008, 11:11 PM

Played it through for several times. It's doubtlessly one of the best RPGs ever.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

07-30-2008, 06:44 PM

They are remaking it for the DS and I'm considering picking it up.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Bou4ever (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Bou4ever Send a message via Yahoo to Bou4ever
08-03-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiningmonkey View Post
They are remaking it for the DS and I'm considering picking it up.
it was a very good game and hopefully the graphics would be better this time around?

i am who i am dont look to change me please dont
(#8 (permalink))
Old
kireikoori (Offline)
Haplogroup N(Y-DNA)

08-03-2008, 01:22 PM

Best RPG ever made.
No, best game ever made.

Q: Who cares what other people think?!?!
A: Japanese people do.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
KudoSan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-03-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastFortnight View Post
I think you're wrong, Chrono Cross was entirely based on Chrono Trigger, but only if you really understood it, you can see what they have in common.

Here are some similarities of CC (Chrono Cross) with CT (Chrono Trigger). May contain spoilers, don't read if you didn't play CC yet.

First, if the Square would make a direct sequel of it, then it will be less original. Second, the story was entirely based on Chrono Trigger, it begins when Balthazar, the guru that appears on the first game, with his knowledge of the future, built Chronopolis and it was sent to the earlier past, the prehistorical ages and the computer Fate made El Nido.
Dinopolis the city of reptiles (remember Azala?), exists there.

Lavos fell and its radiation made the apes evolved into humans, then the war between humans and apes began, just like in the first game, and Chronopolis fought in the human's side. The reptiles ultimate machine the Dragon was divided into six weak creatures by Fate and scattered in different islands.

Serge is silent, like Crono, there are no random battles, like in the first game.
There are Double and Triple Techs, although the battle system changed, to be less FF related, I think.

The sword Masamune and those creatures that dwells it: Masa, Mune and Doreen appear too.

Glenn, is the name of Frog in CT, he appears in CC with green hair, with similar personality and fighting style, and also have X Strike Double Tech with Serge, just like Frog had with Crono.

Crono, Marle and Lucca all appear on CC as kids. Also Lucca is important on the story, she made an orphanage and raised Kid, the protagonist and also the Schala's alter ego, that princess of CT.

Serge saves Kid on Lucca's house on CC, it's identical to that one of CT, remember?

The Epoch ship appears on the basement of the library of Viper's Manor. That blue creature Squirt is like the Nu on CT.

Pierre has the Hero Medal and the Slice of Cyrus Tech, if you played CT, you know what I'm talking about.

Cats appear with abundance too, like in CT (*LOL*).

Lavos is the final boss, Schala appears with it and CC has many finals and the way it works is identical to CT.

There are some BGMs of CT on CC with new arrangements.

There's much more to say, but I think it's enough, after that if you say it has nothing to do with Chrono Trigger is because you didn't play or understand it or just because you're dumb ! Sorry if I took so much space...
Thanks for pointing these out, I hate when people say it doesnt have any similarities to Chrono Trigger, its just stupid.

I loved Chrono Trigger, Im currently playing CC for the thousandth time, lol, I loved both of them, but I think that CT was the best game ever made. =D
(#10 (permalink))
Old
belovedangelofmicah85 (Offline)
New to JF

Location: in the usa but would like to be in canada with my lover
Send a message via Yahoo to belovedangelofmicah85
Talking 08-05-2008, 11:34 PM

i like that game i have played it a few times i see it as a favorite on my list