JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-07-2008, 03:28 PM

Yeah now you have a lot of online application on a Console so i dont think there still a lot of diff btw Pc Game and Console..For me (and i'll add an example) i dont think you can play Diablo 3 or future Starcraft II (Finger cross) on any current console...We still have the same probleme with football/Soccer game on console and computer...why Console version are always better?..

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-07-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrien View Post
Now a days that statement is a joke. 5~10 years ago it may have held some ground.
Well PC games have games like the Total War series and the Civilization series and Sins of a Solar Empire to name a few. Even games in the early 90's are deeper than most console games out there. Nothing against console games though. I actually enjoy the Japanese, story driven RPG's out there which is what I would consider the deepest type of console game. But compared to the various managerial and flight simulations, tactical wargames and free-roaming, player driven RPG's out there offered on the PC market. Console games are not really that deep.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

10-07-2008, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
Well PC games have games like the Total War series and the Civilization series and Sins of a Solar Empire to name a few. Even games in the early 90's are deeper than most console games out there. Nothing against console games though. I actually enjoy the Japanese, story driven RPG's out there which is what I would consider the deepest type of console game. But compared to the various managerial and flight simulations, tactical wargames and free-roaming, player driven RPG's out there offered on the PC market. Console games are not really that deep.
Well my point was that comparing console games released today and PC games rleased today you're not finding any more depth on the PC side of things. Gaming becoming mainstream has ruined the overall quality of games.

God I'm looking forward to Heavy Rain.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

10-07-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Well my point was that comparing console games released today and PC games rleased today you're not finding any more depth on the PC side of things. Gaming becoming mainstream has ruined the overall quality of games.

God I'm looking forward to Heavy Rain.
I completely disagree and I've given my reasoning above.

My point was that EVEN computer games from yesterday are deeper than console games today.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

10-07-2008, 08:46 PM

I'm not denying the depth of PC games of yesterday at all.

My point was that TODAY there aren't any new PC games thath ave the depth of previous generations. Unless you'd like to enlighten me on some.

If you're looking for depth on a console game then look up some information on the PS3 exvlusive that's due for 2009 called Heavy Rain. I'd paste some links but I'm at work and websense loves to be useless.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
Aota (Offline)
Sol Rebel

Send a message via AIM to Aota Send a message via MSN to Aota Send a message via Yahoo to Aota Send a message via Skype™ to Aota
10-07-2008, 08:56 PM

PSP/PS2. Sorry. :\

The color of the sala flower reveals the truth that is... To flourish is to fall. The proud do not endure.

Heaven or Hell, Let's Rock!

Like a passing dream on a night in Spring. The mighty fall at last, to be no more than dust before the wind.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Uriko (Offline)
JF Cereal Killer

10-07-2008, 08:59 PM

sega master system ftw.

But to despair was to wish back for something already lost.
Or to prolong what was already unbearable.

(#18 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

10-08-2008, 01:52 AM

Quote:
I'm not denying the depth of PC games of yesterday at all.

My point was that TODAY there aren't any new PC games that have the depth of previous generations. Unless you'd like to enlighten me on some.

If you're looking for depth on a console game then look up some information on the PS3 exvlusive that's due for 2009 called Heavy Rain. I'd paste some links but I'm at work and websense loves to be useless.
Total Wars Empires, Sins of a Solar Empire (Empire building/real-time strategy games) Civilization 4 (Empire building strategy game... there is Civ Revolutions for the consoles which is an enjoyable but dumbed down version made for the console market.) Any of the combat flight simulators out there (Some of them so detailed it's like flying the real thing without the gut wrenching g-forces of course) Elder Scrolls 4 which was released for the consoles too but there are many such games available for the PC, not to mention the PC version has expansion packs (I'm not aware of expansions for the console versions) The PC versions of the Sims are infinitely more free and detailed than the objective driven console counterparts which brings me on to Sim City 4000 (I think that's the latest one).

I'll look up Heavy Rain
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

10-08-2008, 01:58 AM

PSP. I can do everything but use it as a telephone.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

10-08-2008, 01:59 AM

Heavy Rain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IGN: Heavy Rain
YouTube - Heavy Rain (PS3) Games Convention 2008 trailer

Could look deeper.

Another interesting game coming up for PS3 as well (PS3 tends to have way more indie/unique games) that's actually coming out on Thursday is called Linger in the Shadows.

Linger In Shadows by Plastic (.pl)

It looks to be a game where you just... experience the world. The developers (Plastic) claim that it's not a game, but an experience.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~