JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   game systems (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/19733-game-systems.html)

Senshi54 10-05-2008 09:04 PM

game systems

What is your favorite game system:cool:

Excessum 10-05-2008 09:29 PM

PC all the way! :cool:

Tyrien 10-05-2008 10:07 PM

http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japa...tem-games.html dum dum dum.

That's kind of covering the history of what gaming consoles various people have used, not the topic of the current ones. -X

Senshi54 10-05-2008 10:08 PM

xbox360 oh yeah

koaku 10-05-2008 10:09 PM

PC and X360 BUT Pc...(Crysis is just...yaay!!)

Shiningmonkey 10-06-2008 09:22 PM

Wii is the best!! (hmm that sounds like poor grammar)
Oh and the DS rocks as well.

chibichick83 10-07-2008 09:47 AM

The Sega Megadrive - I'm totally Old Skool baby ;) :D

Ronin4hire 10-07-2008 11:45 AM

PC games are way deeper than console ones so PC games all the way.

BlackPheonix 10-07-2008 11:47 AM

PC, Xbox 360, and my PSP.

Tyrien 10-07-2008 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 603407)
PC games are way deeper than console ones so PC games all the way.

Now a days that statement is a joke. 5~10 years ago it may have held some ground.

koaku 10-07-2008 03:28 PM

Yeah now you have a lot of online application on a Console so i dont think there still a lot of diff btw Pc Game and Console..For me (and i'll add an example) i dont think you can play Diablo 3 or future Starcraft II (Finger cross) on any current console...We still have the same probleme with football/Soccer game on console and computer...why Console version are always better?..

Ronin4hire 10-07-2008 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 603457)
Now a days that statement is a joke. 5~10 years ago it may have held some ground.

Well PC games have games like the Total War series and the Civilization series and Sins of a Solar Empire to name a few. Even games in the early 90's are deeper than most console games out there. Nothing against console games though. I actually enjoy the Japanese, story driven RPG's out there which is what I would consider the deepest type of console game. But compared to the various managerial and flight simulations, tactical wargames and free-roaming, player driven RPG's out there offered on the PC market. Console games are not really that deep.

Tyrien 10-07-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronin4hire (Post 603610)
Well PC games have games like the Total War series and the Civilization series and Sins of a Solar Empire to name a few. Even games in the early 90's are deeper than most console games out there. Nothing against console games though. I actually enjoy the Japanese, story driven RPG's out there which is what I would consider the deepest type of console game. But compared to the various managerial and flight simulations, tactical wargames and free-roaming, player driven RPG's out there offered on the PC market. Console games are not really that deep.

Well my point was that comparing console games released today and PC games rleased today you're not finding any more depth on the PC side of things. Gaming becoming mainstream has ruined the overall quality of games.

God I'm looking forward to Heavy Rain.

Ronin4hire 10-07-2008 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 603620)
Well my point was that comparing console games released today and PC games rleased today you're not finding any more depth on the PC side of things. Gaming becoming mainstream has ruined the overall quality of games.

God I'm looking forward to Heavy Rain.

I completely disagree and I've given my reasoning above.

My point was that EVEN computer games from yesterday are deeper than console games today.

Tyrien 10-07-2008 08:46 PM

I'm not denying the depth of PC games of yesterday at all.

My point was that TODAY there aren't any new PC games thath ave the depth of previous generations. Unless you'd like to enlighten me on some.

If you're looking for depth on a console game then look up some information on the PS3 exvlusive that's due for 2009 called Heavy Rain. I'd paste some links but I'm at work and websense loves to be useless.

Aota 10-07-2008 08:56 PM

PSP/PS2. Sorry. :\

Uriko 10-07-2008 08:59 PM

sega master system ftw.

Ronin4hire 10-08-2008 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 603697)
I'm not denying the depth of PC games of yesterday at all.

My point was that TODAY there aren't any new PC games that have the depth of previous generations. Unless you'd like to enlighten me on some.

If you're looking for depth on a console game then look up some information on the PS3 exvlusive that's due for 2009 called Heavy Rain. I'd paste some links but I'm at work and websense loves to be useless.

Total Wars Empires, Sins of a Solar Empire (Empire building/real-time strategy games) Civilization 4 (Empire building strategy game... there is Civ Revolutions for the consoles which is an enjoyable but dumbed down version made for the console market.) Any of the combat flight simulators out there (Some of them so detailed it's like flying the real thing without the gut wrenching g-forces of course) Elder Scrolls 4 which was released for the consoles too but there are many such games available for the PC, not to mention the PC version has expansion packs (I'm not aware of expansions for the console versions) The PC versions of the Sims are infinitely more free and detailed than the objective driven console counterparts which brings me on to Sim City 4000 (I think that's the latest one).

I'll look up Heavy Rain :D

Yuna7780 10-08-2008 01:58 AM

PSP. I can do everything but use it as a telephone.

Tyrien 10-08-2008 01:59 AM

Heavy Rain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IGN: Heavy Rain
YouTube - Heavy Rain (PS3) Games Convention 2008 trailer

Could look deeper.

Another interesting game coming up for PS3 as well (PS3 tends to have way more indie/unique games) that's actually coming out on Thursday is called Linger in the Shadows.

Linger In Shadows by Plastic (.pl)

It looks to be a game where you just... experience the world. The developers (Plastic) claim that it's not a game, but an experience.

Arnautu 10-08-2008 01:59 AM

PC FOR LIFE!!!!......AND Ps3.....and a little 360.....and Wii...oh wait, scratch the 360....;)

Tyrien 10-08-2008 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna7780 (Post 603916)
PSP. I can do everything but use it as a telephone.

The PSP has Skype on it, Google's VOIP (Voice over IP/"Broadband Phone") service. You can use it as a phone if you wanted.

Uriko 10-08-2008 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 603920)
The PSP has Skype on it, Google's VOIP (Voice over IP/"Broadband Phone") service. You can use it as a phone if you wanted.

only the slims have skype, right?

Yuna7780 10-08-2008 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrien (Post 603920)

Really?! Are you kidding me? I don't get how that works, though. haha.

Tyrien 10-08-2008 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uriko (Post 603926)
only the slims have skype, right?

Yes, correct. The new PSP 3000 will have a mic built in so you won't need a headset to use Skype.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuna7780 (Post 603928)
Really?! Are you kidding me? I don't get how that works, though. haha.

Same principle as how your cable provider can offer phone service.

Banzaiii 05-19-2009 10:31 PM

One of my favourite consoles would probably be the sega megadrive.