JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
TGS Update Thread (Square and SONY) - 10-07-2008, 09:05 PM

Ok, so the show starts in a little less than 2 days, so I figured I'd make a thread and update as I see fit.

I'll ONLY be posting updates and information pertaining to SQUARE-ENIX and the SONY family.

So, once the game show begins check back regularly as I'll be editing this post much like I did with the Square Event back in August.

*I've heard rumors that PLAYSTATION HOME will finally be dated, let's hope so!!

TOKYO GAME SHOW 2008 UPDATE LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. It has leaked that SONY will release Ps3 bundles of the PS3 with LittleBIGPlanet and Gran Turismo Spec III (although the LBP one is old news, I figured I'd add it.)

2. The TGS trailer for THE LAST REMNANT by Square (a timed-exclusive to the 360) has leaked.
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (PS3 1080p, converted from wmv from forever-fantasy.net)

3. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time TGS trailer.
FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Echoes of Time
Click music and trailers, click the arrow, watch the trailer.

4. STAR OCEAN 4: THE LAST HOPE dated: Feb. 19 2009--JAPAN. and March 3rd US,
4.5 Characters Section at website updated. STAR OCEAN 4

5. DISSIDIA themed PSP revealed

6. STAR OCEAN: THE LAST HOPE TGS TRAILER online TGS08: Star Ocean 4 trailer - Gamersyde

7. Characters from XIII/ VS XIII named.
Pigtail girl in XIII is "Sarah" or "Senon"
Prince in VS XIII is "Noctis"
Girl with skirt is "Stella"

8. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days coming Feb 2009

9. Heaxa Drive is the company developing The 3rd Birthday.

10. In a closed Mega Theater, Square showed off about 40 minutes of Trailers. Tgs08: Vague Date for Final Fantasy XIII, Nothing For Versus XIII

11. Cloud (VII) and Terra (VI) announced for DISSIDIA

12. Demon's Souls (announced SCEJ) playable at TGS (footage File download - Gamersyde )

13. White Knight Chronicles TGS trailer White Knight Chronicles 'TGS 2008' trailer Video from GameVideos

14. Dragon Quest IX trailer (off-screen) YouTube - 勇者鬥惡龍9 TGS宣傳影片

15. more pictures from DISSIDIA released, including design of the new "POTIONS" set. Latest Dissidia
Coverage + Downloads - FF-XIII.net

16. New clips from ACC shown, including flashbacks of Cloud and Zack on the run.

17. DISSIDIA Potions set shown.

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.

Last edited by XjapanFOREVER : 10-12-2008 at 02:43 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

10-07-2008, 09:33 PM

Such a fanboy, lol.

There's apparently going to be 9 unannounced PS3 exclusive games unveiled at TGS.

See these threads for info:

New (pre TGS) Dissidia: Final Fantasy Interview - PS3Forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byoushinn on PS3forums,com
- the project is a very long one, Nomura originally warmed to the idea several years ago, the original ideas for the game have been a long way in planning. To reveal it on the 20th anniversary seemed fitting :P
- the character roster was decided way back at the beginning, it was always gonna be one hero and one villain from FF I - X.
- the characters roles in their own games, and their roles in Dissidia aren't the same *obviously because Dissidia has it's own story* Though there are connections with the characters within this standalone story. And of course, their personality traits are the same as ever.
- they assure us that the as of yet, unrevealed V, VI, and VII characters will be at TGS
- It was a very hard task in combining the whole past of the Final Fantasy series into the game, they didn't want it to feel like 'hey, this isn't final fantasy' and because Dissidia is using characters fans already know and love, they have that worry too because it's not like another Final Fantasy development, where they can work with something completely new each time. The narrative progression was also tricky, as it had to involve all the characters fully. (give them each their own sub story within the game kinda)
- the game is very well rounded, because in the end, a majority vote was taken, in order to establish which ways would work better for the game
- FFVII and beyond is easy for them to be faithful to the characters in recreating them for Dissidia, but because pre VII, the sprites aren't easy to recreate, which is why they chose to use Yosihitaka Amano's artwork as a reference. (they're confident they will stay faithful to the memories of the fans)
- vaguely mentions the battle system, it's versatile, and very easy to use, 2 player etc
- aside from fighting, shopping for items, character customization is included too.
- fine tuning of the game, it's a tight schedule before the december release.
- The final demo version (previous to it's release) will be playable at TGS, with 6 characters to try out.
- He encourages all types of people to play the game, and it's perfect for short commutes and things (i.e a good portable game)
I'll post more if I find it.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.

Last edited by Tyrien : 10-07-2008 at 09:37 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

10-07-2008, 10:15 PM

I heard about the 9 PS3 titles, and I hear there's like 4 unannounced games for the PSP....

This should be a fairly interesting event...

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.

Last edited by XjapanFOREVER : 10-08-2008 at 09:21 PM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

10-09-2008, 01:41 AM

TGS HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED
(like 2 hours ago)

LET THE NEWS BEGIN!!!!

(#5 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-09-2008, 09:36 AM

Ahhhh i was looking for a thread on TGS for a whiillle lol

So ..someone already saw Street Fighter IV trailer??? it looks incredible and the Chara design seems to be very good here a link:GameSpot Video: TGS 2008: Street Fighter IV Trailer

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Gettersaga (Offline)
New to JF

10-09-2008, 10:23 AM

I have heard this thing but, as you've got more informations, I 'll ask it to you. Tekken 6 will be even for X Box 360, is that true?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-09-2008, 10:26 AM

Yeaah its totaly true lol TGS 2008: Tekken 6 smacking Xbox 360 - News at GameSpot

Like Street Fighter IV these two game are going to be out on PS3 and X360

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Crani (Offline)
Sillyassauros

Send a message via MSN to Crani
10-09-2008, 12:00 PM

Sweet, I thought I wasn't going to play Tekken 6 in this life... Awesome...

Natural Born Headbanger
\m/

TAG Game
Score: Crani:51
(#9 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-09-2008, 12:10 PM

I left Tekken on the 3rd one (fist something lol) now for me there only 2 real fighting game : Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive...

(#10 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

10-15-2008, 08:40 PM

High-quality scans of Square-Enix's TGS book, in a nice convenient rar file...
Square TGS Book.rar