JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
UrikosRandomStalker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

square-enix games on the 360 - 10-21-2008, 04:45 AM

before i start this, i just wanna apologize. cause i bet there will be fan boys/girls screaming and shouting at eachother over this. please keep this thread clean. and again, sorry for all the drama this thread might cause >_<

also, i'm going to abreviate "square-enix" with SE. it's a ffxi habbit. we always use "SE"

ok! so in case you havn't noticed, but i bet you did, SE has been going on with a cluster fuck of games mainly for the xbox 360. the first sign of this happened with the release of ffxi for the 360. after that, we've seen the exclusive loss of ffxiii to the 360 (yes, i know japan's version will be ps3 only. and i know ffxiii versus is ps3 only in all areas. but for the sake of this discusion, i'm mentioning the 360's version of ffxiii). then comes the exclusives like infinite undiscovery, star ocean, and then also comes the fact that the last remnant will be released on the 360 before it's released on the ps3. (random note: the last remnant will be released on windows before the ps3. again, microsoft)

so in the end, you see all these great games going to the 360. both me and uriko refuse to buy 360s even though there are these great games.

so now the great question: thought or opinions on this 360 game wave and why not the ps3?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
10-21-2008, 09:59 AM

well, I bought my 360 JUST for Star Ocean: The Last Hope, which hits the US in March...

So, it's just kind of sitting there..... the last and only game I bought for it was Infinite Undiscovery, which all in all wasn't that bad, bad I expected more when it came to Square...

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

10-21-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XjapanFOREVER View Post
well, I bought my 360 JUST for Star Ocean: The Last Hope, which hits the US in March...
yeah i wanted to do that too, but uriko convinced me not to do it
(#4 (permalink))
Old
DSX (Offline)
I MUY LOCO!!!!

10-21-2008, 01:58 PM

It would be a wonder to see Final Fantasy 7 on one of these consoles.

Why not get the updated versions of these games?

(#5 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

10-21-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX View Post
It would be a wonder to see Final Fantasy 7 on one of these consoles.

Why not get the updated versions of these games?
that would be cool. i'm sure if enough games were re-made, i'd get a 360. then uriko would steal it >_>
(#6 (permalink))
Old
DSX (Offline)
I MUY LOCO!!!!

10-21-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrikosRandomStalker View Post
that would be cool. i'm sure if enough games were re-made, i'd get a 360. then uriko would steal it >_>
With a name like UrikosRandomStalker, it sounds like it should be YOU who does the stealing.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

10-21-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX View Post
With a name like UrikosRandomStalker, it sounds like it should be YOU who does the stealing.
yeah you would think that would be true. it's sad that she would be the one stealing.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
10-21-2008, 04:00 PM

I'd imagine it's all in the marketing. My facts are most likely wrong, but the PS3 got off to a pretty bad start, losing money over the fact that their system cost more than the games did; it'd take a long time for a gamer to pay his system off in games he/she enjoyed. 360 on the other hand, made it's way into the market as the newest next-gen system before any other system did, and it's got a good lead as far as number of games are concerned for it. A lot of people own it, though PS3 has made it's way into people's homes with MGS4 and a few others. Of course, the PS3 only has a few "good" games for it, whereas the 360 has a fairly wide selection to choose from.

SE may just see that it'd reduce the cost to put their game on the 360, and they'd turn a larger profit from it instead of having it exclusively on the PS3. Of course, SE doesn't want to lose the audience that they have already, so they're releasing it for both systems instead of making an entire switch.

At least that's my take on it.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
JF Old Timer

10-21-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdSight View Post
I'd imagine it's all in the marketing. My facts are most likely wrong, but the PS3 got off to a pretty bad start, losing money over the fact that their system cost more than the games did; it'd take a long time for a gamer to pay his system off in games he/she enjoyed. 360 on the other hand, made it's way into the market as the newest next-gen system before any other system did, and it's got a good lead as far as number of games are concerned for it. A lot of people own it, though PS3 has made it's way into people's homes with MGS4 and a few others. Of course, the PS3 only has a few "good" games for it, whereas the 360 has a fairly wide selection to choose from.

SE may just see that it'd reduce the cost to put their game on the 360, and they'd turn a larger profit from it instead of having it exclusively on the PS3. Of course, SE doesn't want to lose the audience that they have already, so they're releasing it for both systems instead of making an entire switch.

At least that's my take on it.
that does seem like a logical explanation. but on a random note: kotaku.com has a recent story of a demo xbox360 in akihabara with the red ring of death. thought that was amusing

Akihabara: Microsoft, This Is How You Blow Your PS3 Lead In Japan
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Crani (Offline)
Sillyassauros

Send a message via MSN to Crani
10-21-2008, 04:47 PM

Probably the owners didn't realize that the console was broken and didn't bother to change it, but as you may or may not know the Xbox 360 as been marking it's territory in Japan, if you look at last week and the week before that number you'll see that the PS3 is dropping in the selling board, and this is because of the recent wave of exclusives the Xbox 360 as been getting, and why do they pass this exclusives to the Xbox 360? Because the games to the PS3 are a bitch to develop, this is because of the Blu-ray, which are also very expensive, and the Xbox uses the same old developing system the PS2 (Not the same, but close to that) did and the DVD technology as been around for along time and it's cheaper then the Blu-rays, which will also mean a bigger profit. Unless Sony pulls a big rabbit out of there ass, this generation belongs to the Xbox 360.

Natural Born Headbanger
\m/

TAG Game
Score: Crani:51

Last edited by Crani : 10-21-2008 at 07:01 PM.