JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Street Fighter 4 - 11-11-2008, 11:47 PM

I know its old news now, but will anyone be getting this game? What console will you get it for?

Has anyone who lives in japan played this game yet? What do you think of it?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Drend (Offline)
The Unfortunate Otaku

11-12-2008, 12:22 AM

I don't live in Japan, but I've played it at a Japanese-style arcade in the US. I'm not too great at it, but I still think it's a really fun game. I usually only see people playing as Sagat, Bison, and Blanka though.

(#3 (permalink))
Old
allie2590 (Offline)
I am the White Testament

11-12-2008, 04:55 AM

After I get a PS3, yes. I love fighting games.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

11-12-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drend View Post
I don't live in Japan, but I've played it at a Japanese-style arcade in the US. I'm not too great at it, but I still think it's a really fun game. I usually only see people playing as Sagat, Bison, and Blanka though.
so seeing sagat fight is going to be like reliving the days of street fighter 2?

standing tiger shot -> crouching tiger shot -> repeat.

Does anyone know if theres an arcade in england that has street fighter 4?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

11-19-2008, 09:53 AM

I'm really dissapointed in Capcom...

This does not deserve to be called Street Fighter 4.

The real title of this game should be Street Fighter 2 3d + 4
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Nemhy (Offline)
Dungeon Crawler

Send a message via AIM to Nemhy Send a message via MSN to Nemhy
11-19-2008, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin4hire View Post
I'm really dissapointed in Capcom...

This does not deserve to be called Street Fighter 4.

The real title of this game should be Street Fighter 2 3d + 4
ROFL. You forgot to add in some HD's a Turbo mega xx force or something. XD

I played it before, I'm really good with Ken and Charlie. Gonna get it for PS3

PSN: Nemhy
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)

11-25-2008, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemhy View Post
ROFL. You forgot to add in some HD's a Turbo mega xx force or something. XD

I played it before, I'm really good with Ken and Charlie. Gonna get it for PS3
Charlie? You mean Guile right?

That's why I'm dissapointed in Capcom to be honest. Streetfighter 3 third strike had a whole host of new characters.

Streetfighter 4 only has FOUR for the arcade and I think SIX for the home consoles.

The rest of them are Streetfighter 2 characters. Not to mention that Sakura (one of the console characters... the other is Gouken who is Ken and Ryu's teacher) is STILL in a fricking high school uniform!!! Surely she's grown into an adult now. I mean they can't even redesign the characters! (The SF2 characters are still in their early 90's getup. I'd like to see Ken in a Hawai'ian shirt and shorts, Chun Li in proper police detective attire like a suit, Zangief with some pants on or something... anything new and different would be nice Capcom!)

Last edited by Ronin4hire : 11-25-2008 at 09:08 AM.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)

11-25-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Not to mention that Sakura is STILL in a fricking high school uniform!!! Surely she's grown into an adult now. I'd like to see Ken in a Hawai'ian shirt and shorts, Chun Li in proper police detective attire like a suit, Zangief with some pants on or something... anything new and different would be nice Capcom!)
Yeah but you gotta admit that if she wasnt in her school uniform she would lose her charm. I see her as like a comedy character (especialliy when her shoe hits her on the head in her winning pose).

They should take a leaf out of tekken's book when it comes to character costumes (even though some of theirs are pretty samey) but if its on PS3/360 theres always time for patches to be released and all sorts aint there?

I like ken's white gi and ryu's black gi though apposed to their default costumes and if they took them away i'd sulk for atleast.. ooo.. a good 3 seconds. I do think its a bit stupid of shin Gouki(akuma) to wear a purple gi though. Its a tad feminine for the "master of fists"..

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Nemhy (Offline)
Dungeon Crawler

Send a message via AIM to Nemhy Send a message via MSN to Nemhy
11-25-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Charlie? You mean Guile right?

That's why I'm dissapointed in Capcom to be honest. Streetfighter 3 third strike had a whole host of new characters.

Streetfighter 4 only has FOUR for the arcade and I think SIX for the home consoles.

The rest of them are Streetfighter 2 characters. Not to mention that Sakura (one of the console characters... the other is Gouken who is Ken and Ryu's teacher) is STILL in a fricking high school uniform!!! Surely she's grown into an adult now. I mean they can't even redesign the characters! (The SF2 characters are still in their early 90's getup. I'd like to see Ken in a Hawai'ian shirt and shorts, Chun Li in proper police detective attire like a suit, Zangief with some pants on or something... anything new and different would be nice Capcom!)
No, Charlie Guile's teacher I think. haha. Even though he's dead he is in the home version o.0....

I hear 4 takes place before 3 or something story wise... so yea I'm just gonna wait for Tekken 6

PSN: Nemhy
(#10 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9
11-25-2008, 02:48 PM

copied from wikipedia..
Street Fighter IV is a 2008 competitive fighting game produced by Capcom. It is the first brand new Street Fighter game released by Capcom since the arcade release of Street Fighter III 3rd Strike in 1999. The coin-operated arcade game was released in Japan on July 18, 2008 and was given a limited release in North American arcades in August.[7] Home versions are currently scheduled to be released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on February 12, February 17, and February 20, 2009, in Japan, the US and Europe respectively.[3] A Windows version will follow shortly after.[4]

LiVe Ur LiFe
Don't do drugs!