JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

Fable 2 - 11-14-2008, 02:44 PM

I'm surprised no-one made a thread about it yet!

Anyone got it? Anyone play Fable 1? To be honest I didn't much like Fable 1 but I'm pretty much hooked on Fable 2. It's hard to find a franchise I haven't played before, or essentially I don't know if it's going to be good or not. Since games are so expensive I don't want to gamble my money on one I don't really know about, but I'm so glad I got it.

I'm one of those picky people who have to like it from the word go, and I can't wait until the 'good part.' That's kinda unfortunate but true. But Fable 2 is decent from the start, and that's probably why I didn't like 1 so much.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

11-14-2008, 03:23 PM

I haven't played Fable 2 yet, but my best friend beat it in three days after he first got it. lol

I played Fable at his house for the first time last year... I expected more out of it. I'm very biased when it comes to games that are more realistic or playful... I thought Fable would be a lot more serious. O_o Throwing eggs and tricking that one guy with an affair the beginning of the game...? Whaaa?

It was too playful and comical for my liking.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

11-14-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
I haven't played Fable 2 yet, but my best friend beat it in three days after he first got it. lol

I played Fable at his house for the first time last year... I expected more out of it. I'm very biased when it comes to games that are more realistic or playful... I thought Fable would be a lot more serious. O_o Throwing eggs and tricking that one guy with an affair the beginning of the game...? Whaaa?

It was too playful and comical for my liking.
Yeah, I didn't like 1 either, but I think 2 is a lot better. You can complete the main storyline pretty quickly but the good thing about it is it's really free, you can do what you want when you like and there is a billion and one other things to do aside from the main quest, so that isn't the only part of the game. I mean, I don't really like games which you complete and you can't play it after that, whereas with this one you could carry on playing it doing every other quest, completing all the jobs, buying all the houses etc etc.

Oh and I really like the 'cutscenes.' Most of them are like interactive cutscenes and they are really well done. You can input your own response so your not just sat there watching them, you can reply and choose to do stuff if you want to.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

11-14-2008, 03:32 PM

I watched the Zero Punctuation review of it, if that means anything...

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

11-14-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
Yeah, I didn't like 1 either, but I think 2 is a lot better. You can complete the main storyline pretty quickly but the good thing about it is it's really free, you can do what you want when you like and there is a billion and one other things to do aside from the main quest, so that isn't the only part of the game. I mean, I don't really like games which you complete and you can't play it after that, whereas with this one you could carry on playing it doing every other quest, completing all the jobs, buying all the houses etc etc.

Oh and I really like the 'cutscenes.' Most of them are like interactive cutscenes and they are really well done. You can input your own response so your not just sat there watching them, you can reply and choose to do stuff if you want to.
lol. I love doing stuff like that in games. You should try Indigo Prophecy (PS2, Xbox, GC). The whole game is you choosing your own actions and doing some random things in game. Really fun. The same company released a new game with something involving origami in the cover art or title...

I think the most exciting thing for female characters is you can get pregnant. LOL My friends also told me that your family gets POed if you don't come home for a long time either.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)

11-14-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuna7780 View Post
lol. I love doing stuff like that in games. You should try Indigo Prophecy (PS2, Xbox, GC). The whole game is you choosing your own actions and doing some random things in game. Really fun. The same company released a new game with something involving origami in the cover art or title...

I think the most exciting thing for female characters is you can get pregnant. LOL My friends also told me that your family gets POed if you don't come home for a long time either.
Yeah I'll check it out, I love those kind of games too. Yeah you can get pregnant and all the family stuff. I cba with all that kind of stuff though, I'm a hack and slash quest kinda person. To be honest my female character looks like a man because of her strength stat xD
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Tordek42 (Offline)
Absolute Corruption

Send a message via MSN to Tordek42 Send a message via Skype™ to Tordek42
11-14-2008, 05:24 PM

Fable 2 is absolutely amazing!! If I must be honest I found myself crying by the end at how good it is! The only bad thing that happened in my game is that I got an STD (stupid lack of condom money...)

What decision did everyone make at the end?? It took me ages to make mine and I'm regretting it a bit now.

But yeah, Fable 2 rules !!

Owner of:
(G) Chisato (PENICILLIN)
(D) HAYATO (Moi dix Mois)

(G) Ryu☆ (PureQ&A)
(B) Yu~ki (Malice Mizer)
(G) EITA (Jikuu Kaizoku SEVEN SEAS)
(V) Marshall K (
Jikuu Kaizoku SEVEN SEAS)

RIP hide, forever in our hearts...

(#8 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

11-14-2008, 08:20 PM

I've palyed Fable one, and it was fun. I'm sure it's really fun but Yahtzee's review highlights all the annoying things. The game apparently contains a lot of filler that tricks you into thinking it's not filler. Like buying property, or getting married and having children.

and you can't kill children, but you can murder your wife.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Pexster (Offline)
j'adore le baise tu

11-14-2008, 09:04 PM

I LOVE FABLE!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats is what makes it fun, well except fot the
wife thingy. But yeah i love that game. Xp

A Dream Of Form In Days Of Thought

www.mydramalist.com

Eiri is my Property, Bitches.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Pyro (Offline)
JF Old Timer

11-15-2008, 01:40 PM

Love the game, got a collector's edition but it didn't come with the extra game content. Had to wait for like 2 weeks to get it through a e-mail -.-'