LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

11-20-2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I just heard Sony pulled their movies from Netflix on NXE.
Why wouldn't they? Sony has a competing video rental service on PSN. It would be foolish to let Xbox-netflix access to have distribution rights to their movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crani View Post
I'm a bit concerned about the new Dashboard, it looks to childish and does Avatars are just a blunt rip-off the Miis, and the Xbox is target to a more adult public, unlike the Wii, and this may just make the 360 look like a kiddy console, but it may be nothing and you can always use the original dashboard, although they could have made a more mature alternative... As for the rest, I'll just have to wait and actually test it myself, too bad we won't have the movie and tv series on Demand here, that would be a good reason to get some MS Points and spend them.
Software sells hardware, not the other way around.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
wilsontheterrible (Offline)
JF Regular

11-20-2008, 02:10 AM

From what I've seen its pretty good, no major problems to report, and I actually like the funky little avatar guy. I'm just waiting for them to add more customizability so I can see exactly how the scum of live manage to abuse it .

All in all, I like it.

"Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence." - Henrik Tikkanen
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
11-20-2008, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Never would have guessed it.
Really? We have all the consoles. :P
Also, a subscription to Famitsu.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
11-20-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
WOW learn something new everyday never would have guessed.

Well i took sometime last night and messed around with it for a bit. Over all not bad they have cleaned up the interface and made more user friendly its a lot easier to access the Blades that you want with having to flip through bunch of other crap. With so much content on Live it was getting frustrating finding things.

The avatars are neat but not really a big deal to me. I think what makes NXE interesting is how Microsoft tries to draw you in. Instead of just scrolling through a bunch of your friends names it gets interactive lets you see what your friends are playing or watching. I also like that now you scroll horizontally instead of vertically. Each menu serves a purpose and is easy to access and use.

I have not tried the Netflix yet but i might try to stream some movies this weekend and see how i like it. Im sure its going to be compressed all to hell so im not sure how well the HD quality will be like.

The only snag i ran into was when selecting a friend in the new menu to send them a message or read a message. When you go back out to the main friends area it had a little lag when updating all the friends on your list again and while the system in doing that you cant do anything. Other than pretty solid i cant wait to see what other goodies they will throw at us eventually.

(#15 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-20-2008, 07:40 PM

I am more happy with it than I expected. The Avatars are no big deal and Netflix worked well, though I wish there were more movies available.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

11-20-2008, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
What is Famitsu?
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Crani (Offline)
Sillyassauros

Send a message via MSN to Crani
11-20-2008, 09:56 PM

I just received an e-mail regarding the Xtival, it looks like Microsoft is taking a page from the "Second Life" book, is it a good strategy? Looks like, they are just gathering other platforms best features and slapping them on the Xbox 360, it sounds like a good idea, but I would like to seem them doing something fresh, instead of just stealing others ideas.

Natural Born Headbanger
\m/

TAG Game
Score: Crani:51

Last edited by Crani : 11-20-2008 at 10:04 PM.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
Shiningmonkey (Offline)
Inventor of the s'moredog

11-20-2008, 11:51 PM

I like the NXE but I hate how you can't change clothes colors. -.-
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
11-21-2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
What is Famitsu?
ファミ通 - The main gaming magazine in Japan.

I find it a bit strange that my life seems to be shrouded in such mystery.

Anyway, to go back on topic... I played around with it a bit, and it does seem to be a lot more streamlined and easy to access than the previous menu system. Plus, I really like the in-game menu. It comes up reasonably quickly, instead of taking forever and laggily jumping out at the side.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

11-21-2008, 03:48 AM

I've been reading about this in GI. I heard that it's being delayed in America until spring, I think.

It's probably going to be a really good things for the 360, especially with movies.

I don't really like the new avatars because it's a rip off of the Miis. But it'd still be fun to make a person!

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780