JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japanese Video Games & Toys (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/)
-   -   Xbox NXE (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japanese-video-games-toys/20976-xbox-nxe.html)

MMM 11-19-2008 09:00 PM

Xbox NXE

NXE launches in North America today (I am not sure about the rest of the world).

What do you think? thumbs up? thumbs down?

Crani 11-19-2008 10:00 PM

I'm a bit concerned about the new Dashboard, it looks to childish and does Avatars are just a blunt rip-off the Miis, and the Xbox is target to a more adult public, unlike the Wii, and this may just make the 360 look like a kiddy console, but it may be nothing and you can always use the original dashboard, although they could have made a more mature alternative... As for the rest, I'll just have to wait and actually test it myself, too bad we won't have the movie and tv series on Demand here, that would be a good reason to get some MS Points and spend them.

Sinestra 11-19-2008 10:14 PM

Iv only played around with a little during my lunch break but it seems more user friendly and really just sucks you into the xbox experience. Not to mention the Netflix deal is going to make Microsoft even more cash. Will write more once iv had more time to explore.

MMM 11-19-2008 11:07 PM

I just heard Sony pulled their movies from Netflix on NXE.

Crani 11-19-2008 11:34 PM

Sounds like something Sony would do, and microsoft would do the same thing, if they had a studio... And that may slow Microsoft down, because Sony as a lot of shows and movies that are very popular.

Nyororin 11-19-2008 11:45 PM

It also came out yesterday (11/19) in Japan.
The studio/video/etc content bit has no effect over here as neither 360 nor the PS3 actually offers that sort of service in Japan...

MMM 11-19-2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 629954)
The studio/video/etc content bit has no effect over here as neither 360 nor the PS3 actually offers that sort of service in Japan...

I am surprised...I would think that kind of online content would be a hit among the otaku shut-ins.

Nyororin 11-20-2008 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 629959)
I am surprised...I would think that kind of online content would be a hit among the otaku shut-ins.

It`s not an issue of whether it would sell or not - It would be a hit with pretty much anyone, as it would be a lot easier and quicker than going to the store to borrow a DVD and likely in higher quality.

But they don`t bother to offer the service, so no one has the opportunity. It isn`t as if they`ve tried and failed.

kenmei 11-20-2008 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 629954)

Nyororin is a gamer :eek:

(..the more you know)

MMM 11-20-2008 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenmei (Post 629986)
Nyororin is a gamer :eek:

(..the more you know)

Never would have guessed it.