JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Ascendancy (Offline)
New to JF

About Purchasing Japanese Video Game Guides - 11-23-2008, 12:27 AM

I am a huge fan of the Harvest Moon series, and I have been looking for some of the Japanese guide books for some time now. However, even through eBay and many other websites online I am unable to find them. I am just curious as to how hard / easy it is to find these types of things in Japan. Below are examples of some of the books I have been looking for, just to give you an idea:

(I think this is a magazine or something, not a guide book).

If anybody knows of any ways to find these types of things, please let me know!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

11-23-2008, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascendancy View Post
I am a huge fan of the Harvest Moon series, and I have been looking for some of the Japanese guide books for some time now. However, even through eBay and many other websites online I am unable to find them.
NOOO!!! DON'T DO IT!!

It takes out all the fun of the game. If your gonna buy the book you might aswell not bother buying the game. Its like going to mcdonalds and asking the guy on drive through what the big mac tastes like and buggering off.

Don't waste your money, theres a much bigger sense of achievment in playing the game and conquering the difficult/hard to find bits yourself

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
11-23-2008, 01:03 AM

Some people hate strategy guides - Others don`t. I like to play through the game a second time with one. I always keep that in my when I`m playing, as I`m one of those people who wants to finish every little tiny bit of the game - if I didn`t say to myself "You can play it again with a guide next time" I think I`d go crazy with frustration the first time through. :P

In general, strategy guides are quite easy to find in Japan. Bookstores almost always have a big corner dedicated to them, and game shops stock tons.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
allie2590 (Offline)
I am the White Testament

11-24-2008, 11:42 PM

I don't recommend a stategy guide. I don't know about you, but for me, most of the fun in a game is finding all the hidden stuff.