JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Altaru (Offline)
I want my Insanity back!

Eternal Poison - 11-13-2008, 12:50 AM

I just today got my pre-ordered EP (it was supposed to come out yesterday, but the store didn't recieve them until noon today), with the Librum Vespara artbook that came with a pre-order, and I must say, I love this game almost as much as I love Persona.

They're both from Atlus, my favorite developer without a doubt anymore.

The graphics are beautiful for a PS2 game, the storyline is detailed and elaborate, and while the combat system is not without flaws, I still find it a fun challenge.

The artbook is INCREDIBLE, having hand-drawn art from the original artists, all of which is really well done, and most of which has little commentaries from the artists explaining how they concieved the idea for the characters they developed.

As of right now, though my opinion is both biased and incomplete since I haven't played as much of the game as I want to, I'd have to rate this about a 4.75 out of 5. The only thing I don't like is the combat system, though that could only be me (I'm not a huge fan of the turn-based tile movement system anyway, but I can get over that).

So... Who else is playing this awesome game right now? I'm getting off the computer now so I can go play it some more, lol.

P.S. Less than a month left now for Persona 4! I CAN'T WAIT!

Squad 11 - Sanity isn't our style.

Emilie Autumn, in the middle. She's amazing. That is all.

"We're all puppets. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings."

Last edited by Altaru : 11-14-2008 at 12:17 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Darnellrbts (Offline)
JF Regular

11-22-2008, 07:03 AM

i saw it a gamespot, i was thinkin about gettin it but i dont know wat it's about.

Planning on saving y leave to take a trip to japan !! ( Researching right now though)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Athefre (Offline)
New to JF

11-22-2008, 05:50 PM

Is this game set up like Disgaea? To where you have a main town and you go outside then select the battles/continue the story from a menu? Or do you travel to new areas?

How often are CG scenes shown or is the one in the trailer just an intro?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Altaru (Offline)
I want my Insanity back!

11-22-2008, 06:03 PM

There are occaisional videos for the sake of storyline, but most of the CGI video is in combat (you launch an attack, it shows it in a short video clip).

This does, however, cause slightly long loading screens, so you can turn the battle ones off.

However, when it comes to most characters in speech, etc. they just do it Persona style, where it shows a picture of them and a text box. It has voices for almost everything, though.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
Athefre (Offline)
New to JF

11-22-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaru View Post
There are occaisional videos for the sake of storyline, but most of the CGI video is in combat (you launch an attack, it shows it in a short video clip).

This does, however, cause slightly long loading screens, so you can turn the battle ones off.

However, when it comes to most characters in speech, etc. they just do it Persona style, where it shows a picture of them and a text box. It has voices for almost everything, though.
Sounds good, I'll have to get this soon.

Thank you PS2 for continuing to give me great RPGs
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Altaru (Offline)
I want my Insanity back!

11-23-2008, 01:33 AM

Oh, and replying to your Disgaea thing, yes, it is like that. You have the main center city, where you can hire mercenaries, buy weapons, etc., and you have the dungeons of Besek, where you fight.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Athefre (Offline)
New to JF

11-23-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altaru View Post
Oh, and replying to your Disgaea thing, yes, it is like that. You have the main center city, where you can hire mercenaries, buy weapons, etc., and you have the dungeons of Besek, where you fight.
Well then I guess if I loved Disgaea I'll love this. Too many games, too little money