LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-11-2008, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson View Post
well, obviously it's more health friendly compared to your "sit on your ass all day" console.

that's what i meant.

xD
i know hah! ... i am enough of a nerd that i wore my HRM while playing my Wii a few times just to see it's reaction... with a decent enough game it would get my HR into the 50% range ... but thats about it ... that is still a huge improvement over sitting around and just mashing a button.
(#52 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

12-11-2008, 04:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddyLea View Post
i know hah! ... i am enough of a nerd that i wore my HRM while playing my Wii a few times just to see it's reaction... with a decent enough game it would get my HR into the 50% range ... but thats about it ... that is still a huge improvement over sitting around and just mashing a button.
but of course, with a "sit down on your ass all day" console, you MAY develop mighty strong thumbs? =P

but yeah, the Wii has things like Wii fit and Wii sports, it can really help you to be a much healthier person >> believe it or not, it feels like an exercise when you play Wii sports properly xD

(#53 (permalink))
Old
FreddyLea (Offline)
JF Regular

12-11-2008, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrimson View Post
but of course, with a "sit down on your ass all day" console, you MAY develop mighty strong thumbs? =P

but yeah, the Wii has things like Wii fit and Wii sports, it can really help you to be a much healthier person >> believe it or not, it feels like an exercise when you play Wii sports properly xD
it is what would be considered a light aerobic workout ... that is for sure, which is a lot more then most people get ... and just doing that for 15 to 20 min a day every day can go a long way to helping someone ...

i do know about the stong thumbs tho ... i was one of the 'first kids' to suffer from 'nintendo thumb' though mine started with the Atari
(#54 (permalink))
Old
TheCrimson (Offline)
Träumst du?

12-11-2008, 04:16 AM

Quote:
it is what would be considered a light aerobic workout ... that is for sure, which is a lot more then most people get ... and just doing that for 15 to 20 min a day every day can go a long way to helping someone ...

i do know about the stong thumbs tho ... i was one of the 'first kids' to suffer from 'nintendo thumb' though mine started with the Atari

hahaha xD idk. i made up the thumb thing. =P

and speaking of Wii. mine's calling for me xD

(#55 (permalink))
Old
Tyrien (Offline)
I'm e-vincible.

12-11-2008, 04:54 AM

Quote:
that would be the first time i have ever heard that used in the argument! ...

i guess because i grew up with the Nintendo 'the glove' controller .. the Wii is just like second nature (and far less buggy) ...
I think the only game I've gotten up while playing on my Wii was wii sports, and zelda. Zelda i was bored and said why not, everything else planted on my arse. Wii is only "active" if you want it to be.

Tyrien.DeviantArt~
As of 08/11/2008 5:33 PM Eastern Standard time I now officially own:
Miyavi, Kyo, Yuusuke, Maya, Gou, Aki, Aoi, Jun, Yusa, Jui, Key, Heechul, Yesung, Riku, Kei, Jyou, Satoshi, Takeru, Sin, Teddyloid, ♀Yooh♂, Reo, Tomoya, Tatsuro, Hitsugi, Kyoharu, Takanori Nishikawa, Jay Chou, Hirokai, Die, Kaoru, Shinya, and Toshiya.
(#56 (permalink))
Old
Haggis (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-12-2008, 01:17 AM

Through doing the jogging in wii fit I lost about 1.5 stones (20lb) in less than 2 months.