JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

CoD and LittleBig Planet. - 12-01-2008, 01:04 AM

I want to talk about two things here. Firstly, is Call of Duty. Seeing as I own both, and I enjoy both to the max, I can't help but remember the sayings when people said that "CoD5 (WaW) is not as good as CoD4". I can't understand why. Apart from the god dam fucking tanks, I think the game is as good, if not better than CoD4.

They are basically the same thing, but one set in modern times, and one in WW2.

Now, personally, I could never use snipers in CoD4 due to the fact that I found them very clumsy compared to the ones in WaW. But I love both equally. What is your preffered one?

Secondly: LittleBig Planet. Am I the only one addicted to this game? It's amazingly good fun. If you own a PS3, and own this game, just add my PSN : Okutai and let's have some fun.

- “I've been lucky. I'll be lucky again.” -
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-01-2008, 01:25 AM

I can't wait to play Little Big Planet!

Just finished WaW's campaign last night with a friend. There are improvements made upon CoD 4, but beyond that it comes down to which time period you like more... and those damn tanks.

I was a better sniper in CoD 4, I really enjoyed the M14. Sub machineguns are king in WaW

We had a pretty fail thread a while ago about Japanese stereotypes in Call of Duty. It was started by a guy who'd only watched a trailer, to be fair, but I noticed almost no anti-Japanese things - it wasn't even that militaristic, just "this jungle is creepy and full of stabby dudes, let's GTFO". The Russian campaign was the really emotionally charged one, showing both sides as pillagers, murderers, and victims with the epic music and rhetoric to match

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan

Last edited by Keaton421 : 12-01-2008 at 01:32 AM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
XjapanFOREVER (Offline)
In X we Trust

Send a message via MSN to XjapanFOREVER
12-01-2008, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvanas View Post

They are basically the same thing, but one set in modern times, and one in WW2.

Now, personally, I could never use snipers in CoD4 due to the fact that I found them very clumsy compared to the ones in WaW. But I love both equally. What is your preffered one?

Secondly: LittleBig Planet. Am I the only one addicted to this game? It's amazingly good fun. If you own a PS3, and own this game, just add my PSN : Okutai and let's have some fun.
I think WaW is an awesome game, the tanks do get annoying quickly, but aside from that, I love the game.

As for LBP, I got it the day it came out, but I haven't really played it much, it's a great game, i just can't seem to play it for days on end like I do most other games.

I'll add you though...

Microsoft is making computer's just like air conditioners; they work properly until you open WINDOWS.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

12-01-2008, 03:49 AM

I really want to play the new CoD game, but I haven't hung out with any friends who own it lately... I'm also saving up for a PS3 and I do intend to buy it. ^^

I also want to play Little Big Planet, but I still need to purchase Loco Rocco for my PSP before I embark on wanting and pathetically waiting for a PS3 on my TV stand.

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-01-2008, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post

We had a pretty fail thread a while ago about Japanese stereotypes in Call of Duty. It was started by a guy who'd only watched a trailer, to be fair, but I noticed almost no anti-Japanese things - it wasn't even that militaristic, just "this jungle is creepy and full of stabby dudes, let's GTFO".
How was it a "fail" thread?

I thought my concerns were legitimate and the thread was more about the American militarism and obsession with WW2 rather than the game itself. I just used the game as a springboard for the discussion.

My concerns with American militarism still stand as does my disgust with Americans who believe that because they won World War 2 that they will forever hold some sort of moral trump card.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-01-2008, 06:13 PM

Keaton: I don't know. I just find the snipers to be much more faster in WaW. I mean, if someone comes up right close to me, I can aim, ad still hit them because it's that quick. But with the snipers in CoD4 it was just... too slow.

Main reasosn I hate those dam tanks is this: "Here I am, aiming down and ust about to score another headshot and get dogs. But OH WAIT. A FRIENDLY tank gets in the way, and I get blown up by the RPG that narrowly missed it."

X: I don't know. I just got addicted to it. I'm so attached to it. Add me, and we'll play some day or so.

Josh: That basically what I used to do, but instead I've gone for a silent class. Silencer on my Mini Uzi, and UAV jammer and Double Tap.

I just creep up behind people and screw them before they notice I'm even there.

Yuna and Josh: I really recommend getting a PS3 for LBP. It really is great.

(#7 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-01-2008, 06:25 PM

I guess I'm just not the Sniper type By the time I've found a nest a tank's blown me up. The BAR is god mode!

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#8 (permalink))
Old
ThirdSight (Offline)
Bane of Stupidity

Send a message via AIM to ThirdSight
12-01-2008, 06:28 PM

Call me slightly mentally challanged, but I still don't understand LBP. The response I usually get is:
"Well, you can...you can do...you could...IT'S LBP!"

As far as I know, it's like Legos with much cuter people. Besides that, I'm drawing a blank.

-M@

How in the world do people reach 1,000+ posts?

Skadoosh.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Zimek (Offline)
<-- Yay! <3

Send a message via MSN to Zimek
12-01-2008, 07:02 PM

Talkin 'bout a sniper rifles, Drag, Barrett, M21... fail.
Rather M40A3 than R700, because R700 has awful recoil...

I found a few thing in WaW, which are very awesome looking - first1 the grenade killcam (was on xbox i think - it's great!) and the artillery siren (it's freaking me out when I hear it).

Yea... tanks in WaW are fuk*n' disappointing...

I can teach Polish anybody who's interested. ^^

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Salvanas (Offline)
Great, just my luck.

12-01-2008, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdSight View Post
Call me slightly mentally challanged, but I still don't understand LBP. The response I usually get is:
"Well, you can...you can do...you could...IT'S LBP!"

As far as I know, it's like Legos with much cuter people. Besides that, I'm drawing a blank.
Precisely.

It's Lego, but ever so more awesome. It's just pure fun. I recommend you try it out!